Tornado PowerControl

Guest merwin

Guest Hack4Life
Could you please be more specific about the error message?

If you can, then it would help to narrow down the problem ;)

this is the error i get cyber ..."failed to start process Power_On.lnk"

Guest Hack4Life

Ok for anyone that is experiancing the same problem as me i have fixed this error i was getting on the sp5m. Here is what i did i first hard restet the phone completly then i ran the regedit to chenge registry numbers. Then i ran the sda_unlock tool to unlock the phone. When phone was unlocked i installed omap and run it first before creating any short cut with the desired overclock speed which for me was 264. after runing omap with the desired speed i created the omap shortcut and edited with the clock speed i wanted with notpad then renamed it to Power_On. and placed it in the same directory as torando power controll. Then i ran tornado and voalla. It runs at 264 all day long and all night. Thanks for this awsome software

Guest Wombleuk

The download links appear to be down.

Can someone PM me the latest version ?

thx

OK, got it now - thx.

Edited by Wombleuk

Guest Wombleuk
The download links appear to be down.

Can someone PM me the latest version ?

thx

OK, got it now - thx.

OK, got it installed, but the program still displays even though my link in the startup folder is as below.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Also, what do the numbers at the start of a link mean ?

thx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest catman3

Merwin - Thanks for all the hardwork on this program. It's been a big battery saver for me and allows me to run my movies without any lag when bundling with the OMAP overclocker. On a different note, I have one possible bug to report.

Using my SDA U.S. Version flashed with the latest Imate SP5m ROM (i-mate SP5m WWE 2.6.331.2), I continue to experience an issue using PowerControl where by screen blacks out but the backlight still works (e.g. The screen is dark black but the keyboard lights up and I can see the backlight around the black screen). It is not a phone lock up (nor is the phone 'locked' as I can still power down the phone and reboot. This only occurs when running PowerControl.

I've been trying to replicate it but have yet to pin down exacts. However, it seems to happen after the phone has been in standby mode for a significant period of time and then I press a key to take it out of standby.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

Edited by catman3

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tunnerus

Hi there, and thanks for this application althou not sure if it works for me yet ->

Feels like I have misunderstood something. Would like the phone (qtek 8310) just to use 180 mhz when i dont touch it, and otherwise 252mhz. Please help!

How can I check whether it really clocks down to 180 in the dim mode?

Apologies, am quite a newbie on this subject so please bear with me on this one

- have put the tornadopowercontrol.exe in a folder on the storage card

- shortcut to start the program with argument "hide" in the \windows\startup\

- the omap app in \program files\omapclock\

- have put shortcuts in the power control folder, setting to omap clock 180 mhz when backlightoff, and 252 when "on":

Power_On

60#"\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 252

Power_BacklightOff

60#"\Program Files\OmapClock\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

If I start the omapclock.exe i can see that the clock is 252. But as soon as I touch the dial, it is in "on" mode. When it goes to backlightoff-mode, the reading doesnt change in omapclock, but i am not sure if it checks it checks it continuously...?

Edited by tunnerus

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Trancersteve

Abit stuck here with using omapclock and power control. Is there anyway to make omapclock minimize itself? As I can see if being very irratating with omapclock opening up everytime the screen goes black and u press a button to use ur phone...

tried using the hide run extention on power control but with no luck..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Trancersteve

Guest flywest

I am also loving this program. I have created a shorcut in the windows/startup folder to load at startup but my only problem is i dont ever want to see or know that I have this program running. So is there any way to have this program startup without seeing it and not seeing it in the task manager? I tried the Hide shortcut but that isnt working for me and not sure what it is supposed to hide exactly?

Thanks!

Guest Corax

Hi there!

I have an idea on possible improving of PowerControl:

expecting that dim screen setting is often used for book reading,

program can toggle screen brightness AND activate corresponding shortcut,

for example, to downclock the CPU significantly and extend battery life (during flight, etc.).

Of course this can be done from shortcut inside Xbar (for example), but

its more handy to do is simultaneously with changing screen brightness.

All you need to do - add one more .lnk file for dim screen brighness.

P.S. Power_BacklightOff event for omapclock is AFAIK not necessary - WM5 downclocks CPU to 180MHz automatically after screen blanking.

BR Oleg

Guest RSkillz
P.S. Power_BacklightOff event for omapclock is AFAIK not necessary - WM5 downclocks CPU to 180MHz automatically after screen blanking.

This is interesting, how can you prove this?

Guest Corax
This is interesting, how can you prove this?

1. Unload Power Control

2. Use file manager and run omapclock in interactive mode (no command line switches) and set OC value.

3. Wait until system goes to idle state (screen off)

4. Run omapclock again - cpu runs at 180MHz

In fact CPU frequency in idle state can be even less than 180Mhz, but its hard to prove. :)

More interesting will be introducing of additional mode of operation in PowerControl (in dim screen mode),

it will be like TURBO button on old PC's :)

P.S. Some enthusiasts discovered that downclocking cpu in idle state to less than 100Mhz cause freeze during ActiveSync wake up. 150MHz seems to be ok.