Pocket MSN

Guest Total Eclipse

Guest Total Eclipse

Guys

I'm trying to set up MSN Messenger on my Vario, but keep getting the errors "Temporary conditions currently prevent connecting to the Pocket MSN Service" and "Logon to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is not responding. Please try again later". This is when connecting using ActiveSync, either via a USB cable or using bluetooth. Normal Internet browsing works fine over these connections.

In addition, I've checked the MSN Settings, but all the options on each page are greyed out. Has anyone got any clues as to how I sort this out?

Andy

Guest NightFox
Guys

I'm trying to set up MSN Messenger on my Vario, but keep getting the errors "Temporary conditions currently prevent connecting to the Pocket MSN Service" and "Logon to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is not responding. Please try again later".  This is when connecting using ActiveSync, either via a USB cable or using bluetooth.  Normal Internet browsing works fine over these connections.

In addition, I've checked the MSN Settings, but all the options on each page are greyed out.  Has anyone got any clues as to how I sort this out?

Andy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had this a lot over the last couple of days, despite my MSN Messenger normally working OK, so I think it's an actual MSN problem rather than your setup. Furthermore, I think all the stuff is greyed out because you have to be signed in to change them (the settings are stored on the MSN network rather than on your phone so they apply wherever you log in from). And as you can't sign in at the moment...

Edited by NightFox

Guest Total Eclipse
DOes it work using your sim catd..not a pass through connection with yuour computer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I've not tried it directly "over the air". I'm a bit unwilling to do so, with T-Mobile charging £7.50/MB for data (there's no data bundle on my tariff at the moment)

Guest DeanJ
"Logon to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is not responding. Please try again later".  This is when connecting using ActiveSync, either via a USB cable or using bluetooth.  Normal Internet browsing works fine over these connections.

I had this problem for months, in the end i gave up with msn as i didnt really use it too much and couldnt be bothered to hardreset. I then upgraded to the new imate rom and got msn working fine, removed the hotmail stuff from the inbox and shortly after i had the problem again.

I finally narrowed it down to the fact that i was loading msn through the actual msn exe thats in the windows folder, loading it through the normal pocket msn icon seemed to work fine.

i did notice when i got the above message it was without it even trying to connect to the internet, ie with no internet connection it wouldnt even bother to try and connect to gprs etc.

Hope this helps you,

Dean

Guest MPX220_User1

I am using MPX220 with T-Mobile and i am facing the exact same problem with MSN... I get below msg..

"Sing-in to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is not responding. Please try again later".

Can someone please help!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Total Eclipse

Okay, I finally decided to give this a go over the T-Mobile network, and it connected first time. Thing is, I'm not THAT fussed about being in contact with people all the time, and only want to connect to MSN via bluetooth while at work. I'm able to use Pocket IE over BT or USB, but I had to put the work proxy server address into my connection settings before this would work. I still don't understand why I can't use MSN over the same connection though???

Guest TomaHawk

Ive3 been trying to do this recently over Wfii

and always get his msg aswel

"Sing-in to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is not responding. Please try again later".

starting to annoy me