• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Quenotte

Quenotte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:SPV C600

is it only me or is the download link not working.

Can someone email me ver 1.3??

robin AT vicon.com

Many thanks

robin

Try this link:

http://www.modaco.co...tails&f_id=1640

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Devices:V1415
OK, just got this installed, but the program still displays even though my link in the startup folder is as below.

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

Also, what do the numbers at the start of a link mean ?

thx

swivel

swivel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:SDA

OK, just got this installed, but the program still displays even though my link in the startup folder is as below.

Also, what do the numbers at the start of a link mean ?

thx

Can someone please show an example of what the shortcut/.lnk file would look like to run omapclock.exe when the backlight turns on? Thanks.

swivel

swivel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:SDA
Nevermind, I got it. But how can I get this program to always run in the background? I don't want to accidentally close it out. I'd like it to always be running, but hidden. Any way to do this?

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Nevermind, I got it. But how can I get this program to always run in the background? I don't want to accidentally close it out. I'd like it to always be running, but hidden. Any way to do this?

Well, I didn't change anything and suddenly after a soft reset, it runs in hidden mode.
For some reason it starts up dim, which was a setting I tried before - weird, but not a problem.
I don't want to touch it again in case it stops working correctly. ;)

Edited by Wombleuk, 05 May 2006 - 06:11 PM.

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
Which it did - damn.
Is the author not supporting this anymore?

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile SDA (USA)

Which it did - damn.
Is the author not supporting this anymore?

what is the content of the shortcut that launches the program? if you do not specify dim or bright then it uses the most recent setting.

Finnsen

Finnsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Qtek S200
* bump *

I recently installed the TPC, and it works almost perfectly for me.

However, when I use the power button on my Qtek S200 unit, the display does not dim. The background light stays on. If I wait until the background light is turned off by the unit itself, the light stays off when I turn if off with the power button.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

* bump *

However, when I use the power button on my Qtek S200 unit, the display does not dim. The background light stays on. If I wait until the background light is turned off by the unit itself, the light stays off when I turn if off with the power button.

I don't expect the software to work properly on the Qtek S200, since it is not the Tornado platform. It is specifically written for the way the Tornado driver operates. If I had an S200, I could work something out for that, but unfortunately I do not :)

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

what is the content of the shortcut that launches the program? if you do not specify dim or bright then it uses the most recent setting.

OK, I can undertsnad that, but it hasn't run hiddn since that one time.
This is the shortcut.

Graham

Edited by Wombleuk, 19 June 2006 - 05:59 PM.

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

OK, I can undertsnad that, but it hasn't run hiddn since that one time.
This is the shortcut.

Graham

Out of curiosity, what does the app say is the version number? And what phone model do you have? I just doublechecked on my SP5m, and having that exact shortcut works perfectly.

Have you tried launching it from your start menu instead of startup?

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Out of curiosity, what does the app say is the version number? And what phone model do you have? I just doublechecked on my SP5m, and having that exact shortcut works perfectly.

Have you tried launching it from your start menu instead of startup?

Sorry for the late reply, for some reason I'm not getting email notifications on this topic, even though it says I am!
Anyway, the version is 1.3 and I'm using it on an 8310.
Running it from the start menu doesn't make any difference.
Cheers,

question.com

question.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:t mobile mda

* bump *

I'm hing the same problem on my mda. I have omapclock running also. when I click the pwer button, the screen goes white its like the ppc goes on standby, but the backlight is still on. hopefully there is a fix for this. I don't want my batt to drain

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Version 1.4: The update we've all been waiting four! :-)

This version updates the GUI, optimizes the events, and adds direct control of OMAPClock to overclock/underclock your CPU. Note that I am not responsible for any harm done to your phone using OMAPClock.

BTW, your battery life can be greatly increased by underclocking your phone. The opposite effect happens when you overclock it.

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

I'm hing the same problem on my mda. I have omapclock running also. when I click the pwer button, the screen goes white its like the ppc goes on standby, but the backlight is still on. hopefully there is a fix for this. I don't want my batt to drain

The MDA is not an HTC Tornado. This program will not work with any phone that is outside of the HTC Tornado family.

Corax

Corax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8300
Thanks for the new release, in includes everything I was waiting for.
Now for me it's app in top ten. :)

The only thing to add (to make it completely prefect), is autostart link (like xbar does).
App (now) is very easy for newbies to use (and safe enough), so adding autostart feature would be great.

Thanks once again.

BR Oleg

Wombleuk

Wombleuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
For some reason TPC refuses to install on my device, even though I've got loads of room.
I can install it to my storage card, but then it says it can't find the power_on etc. shortcuts.

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

For some reason TPC refuses to install on my device, even though I've got loads of room.
I can install it to my storage card, but then it says it can't find the power_on etc. shortcuts.

I think it's a simple case of RTFM :-) (j/k)

As the release notes say, the shortcuts included are just empty placeholders so you know where to place those files. Until you replace them with real shortcuts, you will continue to get those messages. They are harmless messages, and don't prevent the application from working.

Even with those messages, OMAPClock and the Dim/Bright settings will still function just fine.

yoos

yoos

YEEESS!! MoDaCo Plus Rules!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile USA SDA
Anyone know how to tweak the phone so the backlight doesn't come on when the joystick is pressed or moved to save on battery power?

Corax

Corax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8300
MERVIN:

yesterday I tested my 8300 on lowest frequency setting (116MHz) in AlReader.
Afer 10 minutes or so, it went to soft reboot.... :)
I'm afraid that under 150MHz it will reboot anyway, going to check it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users