* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

BBDDPP

BBDDPP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I actually created a shortcut with the command line options I want in my startup menu -- I used the "load" program listed elsewhere in this thread. Yet, when I went into task manager, I still see it there despite using all the hide tags. I'm concerned I might be running two copies of this. Is there another place it loads the powercontrol software on startup automatically. In other words, by putting it in my startup group, did I double the loading? I wouldn't expect to see it in task manager at all. Here's my shortcut as it appears in my startup group (I didn't mod the Power On, etc shortcuts in the Program folder, they are all blank).

73#"\Storage Card\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Storage Card\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

I'm using this on a Samsung Blackjack by the way -- The dim function crashes the phone (black screen and no functionality) but using the overclocking stuff seems to work just fine on auto.

B.

tony_to

tony_to

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:MPx200
A great program~
hope we can key in the speed in the next release(224Mhz is definitely not enough) , though I can have it done from registry.

Also may author add the ability if it can be set as a process rather then a task (like autokeylock)?

nexxexium

nexxexium

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Any new full versions on the shelf? which works with win mobile 6?

merwin

merwin

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile SDA (USA)

Any new full versions on the shelf? which works with win mobile 6?

The wm6 dash doesn't really support the dim/bright stuff. I can get it to work, but when you unlock the phone, the software automatically makes the screen bright again, and not in the normal way either... it doesn't trigger a notification that the power setting was changed, so my app never sees it and it stays bright until you let it go idle and come back from idle.

You can use the old version of TPC on WM6 just fine... just don't set it to dim and you'll be fine.

anitanium

anitanium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
is the problem with power_on not minimizing the program still there?
on my Vox, everytime it comes back from a blank screen the program is first to launch
doesn't happen when i lock the phone though

SvenO

SvenO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SDA, SDA II, 8310
Mervin,

great app! Thanks :rolleyes:

On my WM6 Vox i am running TPC 2b4 as a standard non hidden task, always in the tasklist, and the speed setting is working fine. Now if i watch a video, the screen goes DIM after a few seconds - which it shouldn't and also doesn't do if i exit TPC. Any ideas on that issue?

And is there a way to set the fastest clock setting to 252 or 264 somehow?

Thanks & good luck in finding the souce, i can feel with you...

Sven

Edited by SvenO, 28 May 2007 - 02:52 PM.

OverClocker

OverClocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia
Is there any chance for more mhz options in the progy?

ABP_typeS

ABP_typeS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi i install the program however it keep saying intialization failed reason: cant map I/O can you help me out thanks

hoice

hoice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Vox
So i have created the 3 new folders in the Tornado dir and created a shortcut from OmapClock and edited them to thier folders. this is what i have.

1) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_UserIdle.lnk
50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 140

2) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_on.lnk
50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240

3) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_BacklightOff.lnk
50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

and the one short cut in the Startup Folder

4) Windows/Startup/TornadoPowerControl.exe.lnk
60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

but nothing is working, only when i open the program manually it will set the clock speed to 220? i am not sure what is going wrong? plus when the phone goes to sleep mode it resets back to default speed! Plz help!

Edited by hoice, 04 July 2007 - 10:52 PM.

RajunCajun

RajunCajun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 3125

hi i install the program however it keep saying intialization failed reason: cant map I/O can you help me out thanks

You will need to app unlock your phone. I had the same issue today, and I could swear that I had already unlocked my phone. I did it again and now the app works great. You can get the app unlock http://www.gpcarreon...ationUnlock.zip

Run the program and then reboot. After that it should work fine.

dam2140

dam2140

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
How do i "Create" and "place" the files Power_On.lnk, Power_backlihtOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk

Edited by dam2140, 16 July 2007 - 06:11 PM.

rylenf

rylenf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:s621

Yes, you need to fully app unlock your phone.

Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of:
0000101b
With the value data of:

That should fully unlock your phone to allow you to use it (after a reboot of course)

And if i get

ERROR
--------------------------------------------
Unable to perform this operation

When tampering with the registries(Locked Rogers Wireless phone)
What should I do next?

Cheers

rylenf

rylenf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:s621

How do i "Create" and "place" the files Power_On.lnk, Power_backlihtOff.lnk, and Power_UserIdle.lnk

You can just rename the ones that are already in the "tornadopowercontrol" folder directly from the device.

coolandfast

coolandfast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

So i have created the 3 new folders in the Tornado dir and created a shortcut from OmapClock and edited them to thier folders. this is what i have.

1) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_UserIdle.lnk
50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 140

2) \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_on.lnk
50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 240

but nothing is working, only when i open the program manually it will set the clock speed to 220? i am not sure what is going wrong? plus when the phone goes to sleep mode it resets back to default speed! Plz help!

i have created a power_on.lnk and a power_useridle.lnk in the tornadopower folder but for some reason it's not executed when the system comes back from sleep. i'm using wm6...

thanks for any hint.

btw: what are the numbers (e.g. 50#) in front of the link?

greetings

- - - mobile devices - - -
SPV C600 [ROM: ...WM6]
SPV C500 [ROM: 4.2.5.2]

nobody_here

nobody_here

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i just updated to the latest ROM from HTC today which so far went poorly, i decided it had been a while and sure enough there was an update, yesterday i tried to use the camera and it locked up on me and ever since i cannot get the camera or video recorder to initialize, when i select them i just get the windows working logo for a second and nothing.....so i figured updating the ROM should straighten that out right? nope, now i dont have a camera or video recorder icon/option at all!!! its like my phone doesnt have a camera at all!!! that pisses me off!!..........anyways

i attempted to app unlock the phone through the registry as i have always done using these values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1001 = 2 -->Change the value data from 2 to 1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1005 = 16 --> Change the value data from 16 to 40
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies000 1017 = 128 --> Change the value data from 128 to 144

however 0000 1001 is already set to 2, no need to change that
0000 1005 is set to 16 but when i try to change to 40 it says
Error, unable to perform this action
0000 1017 is set to 16 not 128, and again, i try to change to 144 and it says again

also tried this

Use a registry editor and go into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies and add a new DWORD Value of:
0000101b
With the value data of:

but i get the same thing

so i go ahead, downloaded the CF2.0 installed, also installed latest TPC 2.0b4 or whatever it is here, the latest version and installed (btw, they both installed without having successfully app unlocking the phone, maybe this ROM is already app unlocked?)

however now every time i access the TPC application i get error messages over and over:

Error
Initialization Failed

Reason: Can't map I/O

its been a long time since i did this and i seem to remember having the same problem last time and finding a fix, but for the life of me i can't remember what i did or where i found the info

help guys, thanks

Edited by nobody_here, 09 August 2007 - 07:42 AM.

nobody_here

nobody_here

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
wow these forums are dead....

JDRoss

JDRoss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Can anyone confirm/deny if Tornado PowerControl 1.4 works with the HTC S710 "Vox"?

I have it installed, but I get the "Failed to start process Power_On.lnk" error, which changed to whatever state the phone is in. Every process fails to start.

I've read that some have it working, but it's really hard to tell - many messages on the boards are not very specific.

Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jon

Paltkungen

Paltkungen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710
All the links in the folder are "dead" and must be replaced by real, edited links.
Info on how to earlier in this thread.

I run the app on a HTC s710 without any probs besides it´s always shown int the app. manager. I´ve tried with the "Load" app but it doesn´t solve the problem.

EDIT: It´s strange, but TPC wouldn´t hide in the app. manager after softreset. I´ve done a lnk in Win\startup folder to "Load" and when i activate the lnk directly in the startup folder it hides...

Edited by Paltkungen, 27 August 2007 - 02:25 PM.

zipredictive

zipredictive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:htcs710
hi!!!I've htc s710 alias Vox and this software is awesome I used the ink files with v.1.4 now with 2.0b4 I use the automatic Cpu and it works great. But I have a problem with low light (not in 1.4 version) when I set the light to low it works but when I locke the keys with the red button and then I unlock it the light returns bright. Is it possible to solve this problem? thanx

arvind

arvind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Merwin, How do I uninstall TPC...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users