i-mate SP5 new ROM installed and tested

Guest rmastbro

Guest rmastbro

SP5 users,

Yesterday someone posted a link to a test/beta i-mate SP5 ROM. Well I downloaded it and installed it on my SP5.

This link has been since removed and the url to get to the file is password locked.

Here's what I found out.....

1) Like everyone has been saying there is definitely NO A2DP support. Sorry no stereo bluetooth for you MP3 listeners.

2) The COMM manage has improved (see image)

3) It looks like there is the PUSH direct for the email (haven't tied this yet)

4) The keypad only stays lit for about 5 secs not sure if this can be changed.

After I installed the new ROM (to_cdl_eur_2060_253311_0114_hertz_test.exe), I found out that I can't go back to NRE_1.5.333.0 ROM which kinda sucks since it appear it is not the final released version.

Looks like when you install a newer version of any operating sytem you can't go back to an older one. I sure hope that when the latest version comes out I will be able to install that one. Can anyone comment on this ????

imatesp510jf.th.jpg

imatenewrom8ul.th.jpg

imatesp532vt.th.jpg

imatesp540qr.th.jpg

imatesp5wifi11de.th.jpg

Edited by rmastbro

Guest ElGato65

Provided the version number is same or greater I don't see why not.

Was thinking of trying this ROM purely on the basis of curiosity and the seemingly endless wait for the official release.

Is your phone SIM unlocked? I know with the C500 when I got it SIM unlocked I could flash pretty much any ROM. I've also got my C600 SIM unlocked but am now slightly more hesitant after what you have said. Still I may be bored enough sometime this weekend to give it a go. I've always got my C500 to go back to.

Wow, just noticed I'm an enthusiast, wonder when that happened, ;)

Edited by ElGato65

Guest thenext1
1) Like everyone has been saying there is definitely NO A2DP support. Sorry no stereo bluetooth for you MP3 listeners.

Nooooooooo!!!!!!! I HOPE they've at least solved the 5000000 bluetooth disfunctions this phone has!!!!

And I HOPE they'll add better support in a future rom, and not

Could you please test the following things:

- if the bluetooth stack has improved or if it sucks like before.

I.e. try to send and receive things from as many phones' brand as possible to see if there are incompatibilities!!

- if you can flawlessly send files thru the integrated file manager, or if it crashes, stops, or simply does nothing when you select the target device (as it does now on my SP5m...).

(this only happens in the file manager and not in the "pictures & videos" applet)

- if when sending a file that is currently opened in WMP (even when the player is stopped) results in an error "Cannot open file"

Please!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Guest ElGato65
Looks like when you install a newer version of any operating sytem you can't go back to an older one.

Seems you can as long as your phone is fully unlocked.

Guest thenext1

Did anyone of you notice that the balance is shifted when listening to a music thru the earphones?

It's shifted to the right a bit!

I've even read a review where this problem was highlighted.... was it mobilereview? welll I don't remember.... but they had taken it into account because the SP5m is the music version...

Guest rmastbro
Seems you can as long as your phone is fully unlocked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm....

Before installing "to_cdl_eur_2060_253311_0114_hertz_test.exe" (version 2.5.331.1), I had version 1.5.333.0 installed.

I am using an fully unlocked i-mate SP5 and ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe. It gave me an update the the phone was fully unlocked and to reboot the phone.

I tried running i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe to revert back to version 1.5.333.0 but it stopped and displayed error 296 UPGRADE ONLY. "This NBF FILE cannot be used for your smartphone. Please get newer NBF file."

So, if you could tell me what procedure you followed to re-install 1.5.333.0 back on your i-mate SP5 ??

Thanks...

Guest rmastbro
Did anyone of you notice that the balance is shifted when listening to a music thru the earphones?

It's shifted to the right a bit!

I've even read a review where this problem was highlighted.... was it mobilereview? welll I don't remember.... but they had taken it into account because the SP5m is the music version...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I installed to_cdl_eur_2060_253311_0114_hertz_test.exe on an i-mate SP5 and didn't notice a shift in balance.

Just curious have you tried reverting back to your previous operating system ROM. If yes, what version ?

Thanks....

Guest rmastbro
Provided the version number is same or greater I don't see why not.

Was thinking of trying this ROM purely on the basis of curiosity and the seemingly endless wait for the official release.

Is your phone SIM unlocked? I know with the C500 when I got it SIM unlocked I could flash pretty much any ROM. I've also got my C600 SIM unlocked but am now slightly more hesitant after what you have said. Still I may be bored enough sometime this weekend to give it a go. I've always got my C500 to go back to.

Wow, just noticed I'm an enthusiast, wonder when that happened,  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard unlock your phone but never a SIM....

Does this app "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" unlock your SIM... If not, what app do you use to unlock a SIM...

Thanks..... Not that it's a big deal but just wanted to know if anyone has successful reverted back to their previous version before installing the test/beta?

Guest rmastbro
Thanks for trying the ROM rmastbro!

Any comment on the speed of the device after the update?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speed seem pretty much the same with i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe.

Guest rmastbro
stupid why they make a test ROM available publically

*waits for official*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I found a link on modaco Friday night that was to a ftp site for this beta/test version that probably no one was suppose to have access to.

It was to ftp://139.130.65.202/CSC/SP5/ ... (it is no longer accessible)...

My curosity was too great not to try it :twisted:

Guest thenext1
I installed to_cdl_eur_2060_253311_0114_hertz_test.exe on an i-mate SP5 and didn't notice a shift in balance.

Just curious have you tried reverting back to your previous operating system ROM. If yes, what version ?

Thanks....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've always had the same and last ROM version on my SP5m, that is, WWE 1.6.331.6.

But I dont get a thing: why in the clubimate's ftp there are NRE and RUS roms that carry a higher number?

NRE_1.6.333.2

RUS_1.6.332.3

WWE_1.6.331.6

Are these roms newer, or the numbering is used in conjunction with the language support?

In any case, rmastbro, did you try the things in my first post?? (bluetooth-related questions)....

Many thanks!!

bye bye

Guest Ingvarr
But I dont get a thing: why in the clubimate's ftp there are NRE and RUS roms that carry a higher number?

NRE_1.6.333.2

RUS_1.6.332.3

WWE_1.6.331.6

Are these roms newer, or the numbering is used in conjunction with the language support?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They just were built later. The number is the number of the build, it does not mean that anything significant was changed - only language was.

Guest ElGato65
Hmmm....

Before installing "to_cdl_eur_2060_253311_0114_hertz_test.exe" (version 2.5.331.1), I had version 1.5.333.0 installed.

I am using an fully unlocked i-mate SP5 and ran SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe. It gave me an update the the phone was fully unlocked and to reboot the phone.

I tried running i-mate_SP5_NRE_1.5.333.0.exe to revert back to version 1.5.333.0 but it stopped and displayed error 296 UPGRADE ONLY. "This NBF FILE cannot be used for your smartphone. Please get newer NBF file."

So, if you could tell me what procedure you followed to re-install 1.5.333.0 back on your i-mate SP5 ??

Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No procedure as such, but the first thing I did when i got my phone was get it SIM unlocked @ IMEI-CHECK.co.uk, same as I did for my C500. Seemed to be the only sure fire way of allowing the loading of any suitablle ROM.

p.s. I do remember for the C500 once you had gone to a v2 bootloader the earlier SIM unlocks did not work. Not sure what the situation is now though.

Guest Pondrew

Sorry folks, let this go until now but the forum rules don't allow for discussion of illegal/leaked roms and czbird's request is the last straw (distribution of or asking for copyrighted material is NOT allowed)