PocketSNES 1.53

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

Highlight:

1. smooth stretch for all display mode, text is much easy to read with smooth stretch on for SmartPhone

2. support both zip and gzip rom

3. some speed hacks to get it faster

4. support all 176x220, 240x240, 240x320, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

1. add support for 240x240, 320x240, 480x480, 480x640 screen size devices

2. change the action for lost focus from exit emulator to pause emulation

There is a quirk when enabling sound. First enable it with sound sync, exit it. Open it again, then the sound is enabled.

To achieve a better emulation speed, turn off sound, and use frameskip 4 with frame autoskip enabled.

It need a free version tgetfile.dll to run, which can be get from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/tgetfile.html

PocketSNES.rar

PocketSNES153.rar

Edited by masterall

Guest masterall
great work masterall  ;)

also does it matter for the gamespeed if they are zipped ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It only affect the loading time when you use a zipped rom, and will not affect gamespeed.

Guest masterall
What button setups do people use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can setup buttons manully, including the menu key which used to pause the game.

Guest njitram

This version doesn't work for me :S i use now 1.47 and that one works..

i can't load roms with this version i got MPX 200 - WM 2005

Greetingz Marty.

Guest doudz

great work masterall !!!!

i have a spv c500 and the emu works at a good speed,but I played illusion of times and the games freeze when I escape the castle with the king's daughter (you know the view change and the screen display a map) nothing more....

i hope it would help you to make some fix

cheers

Guest jameshpg

hey,

good emu. improvement on the slow speed of parallax'ss snes emu. just a couple of things:

why didn't you use the file selecting dll from parallax's? you can find it here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...pocketsnes+qvga

i'm sure if you ask him kindly, he'll let you add it to your emu; coz it would save that trial message popping up each time!

and lastly, i've tried to overclock my c600 but get a "Can't map I/O" error (see attachment) when using Omap Clock. Is there any other software or a fix for this error?

Regards,

James

post-60376-1141763973_thumb.jpg

Guest masterall

Emad:

I think it depends on the game you played. ;)

njitram:

Well, is there any error message you get during loading a rom?

doudz:

I havn't played the game illusion of times ... Well, I may add a setting to choose between assembly core and c core, it may help for compatibility. And can you post the state file before the freeze scene?

jameshpg:

Thank you for your advice, actually I'm checking the gsgetfile code which CharlyV send to me. That is also a freeware, and I am trying to modify it to be used on both PocketPC and SmartPhone. I hope it will be added to emulator soon.

The error message you get is caused by application lock. Find a software called SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe to unlock your phone.

Guest jameshpg
The error message you get is caused by application lock. Find a software called SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe to unlock your phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have unlocked my phone using the reg hack so that i could play the gba emu : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...t=entry720117

the phone is app unlocked because i can modify the /windows folder files.

any other ideas?

great emu by the way!

james

Guest doudz

here is the state king masterall.

i forget to tell you cause i'd forget the name of the name but the freeze comes when the game change from normal view to mode7....

cheers

PS: in the state just get down in the stair to exit the castle the mod7 map comes and it freezeeeee.....

EDIT: for jesusdoesvegas, I test mario rpg but it doesn't load... so sad... but the great thing is that chronotigger seems to run smoothly... just hope it doesn't freeze during just like IoT....

iof_is_freezing.rar

Edited by doudz

Guest JesusDoesVegas

awesome another SNES emulator. is this one able to play SuperMario RPG or Cronotrigger?

Ill download when i get to a computer that has active sync

edit - doesnt seem to be working.

with bust-a-move it works for about 3 seconds then exits to the desktop

with supermarioRPG it crashes and burns... it froze up on a black screen and when i hit camera to get out, it gave me a low memory error then nothing worked at all, had to pop the battery off.

double edit - ok for some reason it works now with bust-a-move. Way faster than Paralax's version, but realy slow with sound. SupermarioRPG doesnt work still. Just stays at a black screen, I can exit through the menu.

Edited by JesusDoesVegas

Guest gitrooman

I'm using an c500, here are some problems:

The loader is a tial program, so who knows when the trial ends?

Chronotrigger: Good news is, at least it turns on when i load the rom, but the bad news is it frezes every so often for every few seconds.

In the previous version i was using (1.39) the final fantasy 4 was running smooth, but slow, especially on the world map. But with this version the game keeps lagging like it does with chronotrigger.

Can someone please link me to version 1.47 to try it out.

Guest Poolkv

i have a mpx 200 and it won't start any rom for me either.

when i push the load rom button nothing happens.

i use the the files from parralax his version.

could that be the problem ?

Guest masterall

gitrooman:

Turn off the sound will add much more speed. The sound setting is somewhat weird. Turn off it first, and then exit(important step), now sound is disabled.

Poolkv:

Yes, that's the problem. This emulator use another getfile dll called tgetfile.dll not filedialogsp.dll

Edited by masterall

Guest deagle67
i have unlocked my phone using the reg hack so that i could play the gba emu : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...t=entry720117

the phone is app unlocked because i can modify the /windows folder files.

any other ideas?

great emu by the way!

james

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem, unlocking only in the reg is not enough

you HAVE to use SDA Unlocker to avoid the I/O problem

Guest paulmezza

hey all

ive just got a samsung i300

this port of pocketsnes runs prefectly on it!

woohoo

i downloaded another the other day that didnt load the roms and the settings were all over the place

ive only tried nba jam and sensible soccer so far!

but thanks for the good work

Guest paulmezza

well i beg of you to get a i300 and try

i ahve tried sensible soccer

street fighter 2

nba jam

super tennis

all games play really fast, i assure you

Guest CharlyV
ok

one very small problem

the games play too fast

maybe its cos of my phone being new ish

how can i slow them down to normal pace?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1.) Turn on the sound

2.) Decrease the frame skip rate