Possible new competition for Prophet?

Guest Helix

Guest Helix

Having moved away from a windows device last upgrade I was excited to hear that HTC were releasing a device with all the requirements I have waited for. The prophet seemed to have everything I could of wished for; Wi-Fi in a HTC product with all the usual PPC goodies.

After reading one of my favourite web-sites mobile-review.com and their review of the Nokia N91, I was literally blown away by how much technology they have managed to fit in that thing. Wi-Fi, 4GB Microdrive, 2MP Camera. All with 10 hours of playback time from its battery as well.

Take a look HERE

This has changed my decision on whether HTC can really keep up with the field. With a release date around the time of the M500 surely this is going to provide atleast some competition for the M500.

I know I'm comparing very different devices, one is classed as a smartphone, the other a PPC. Originally I personally defined a smartphone as being a device which ran Windows Mobile. However noone can really say that the N91 isnt a smartphone.

Oppinions appreciated, as I think I might be choosing yet again a non-windows based device. :shock:

Guest Helix
1 day battery life with little use? No thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry it's 12.5 Hrs playback time 190 Hrs standby. Cant really complain about thoose figures.

Edited by Helix

Guest jimbouk

As a dedicated windows mobile owner (spv, e200, c500, m500, prophet) bot one who spent four days with a nokia 6680 (between the c500 and the m500) I really hated the nokia OS.

I used to love Nokia's - a few years back when they came with a really simple menu structure and amazing build quality, I was very disappointed with the later OS's and was delighted to return the handset to Orange after four days.

I know some people prefer Nokia but I love the cross functionality between my WM5 device and my laptop... And the prophet has pretty much everything the nokia offers apart from battery life.

Guest Pondrew
Sorry it's 12.5 Hrs playback time 190 Hrs standby. Cant really complain about thoose figures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I can't complain about the official figures but I can complain about the device's real world usage. The review found:

that the charge on the battery lasts for one day with one hour of talk time, 3-4 sent and read messages, one hour of listening to music and also a pair of visited links

At the moment I listen to several hours music a day, make several calls, stay connected to Messenger almost constantly, browse the web, and still only have to give it any kind of charge (USB or mains) every other day.

As I say, I think I'll stick with my MDA Compact II.

Guest Tubbie_GL
At the moment I listen to several hours music a day, make several calls, stay connected to Messenger almost constantly, browse the web, and still only have to give it any kind of charge (USB or mains) every other day.

As I say, I think I'll stick with my MDA Compact II.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here... The prophet provides me with next to perfect performance in a perfect formfactor... would never trade that away in favour of what N91 has to offer.

I have been a nokia fan and I gotta admit that the 9500 were a beautiful performer, though it had a real CPU issue and a weigth and size issue.

No , I do really like my propet... Axia A308, is the only alternative iI would consider at the moment... but I still think the prophet will come out on top...