24 replies to this topic

TerryG

TerryG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur)

Terryg

Here is an update.. Finally moved over to a new laptop..

After installing ActiveSync 4.1 I can surf / browse do anything via the usb on a hot activesync..

However I now ahve not been able to obtain an IP address via wifi on the same network.

Any ideas.  :idea:

pre-thanks

YoungHog

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be sure you have your 802.11b/g set right. Safe bet is set your router to Mixed wireless mode. By default the T-Mobile is .11b, unless you do the update as herein prior.

Also, note redundantly, if USB is connected, WiFi won't do anything as USB will get the TCP/IP stack. I have had quirkiness with mine at first too ... had to reset once as WiFi wasn't locking in reliably.

FYI, I am playing with very similar device from Kinpo iDo called a Neon 601 ... I had to baseline it as well once 'cause WiFi would lock in.

jimbouk

jimbouk

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Devices:HTC Diamond
Just to add that if you have the latest device roms and use MS directpush to sync with an exchange server, the device will sometimes drop a wifi connection and use GPRS.

This is due to the heartbeat pulse that keeps the Https connection to the server only working over gprs and it reserving the IP stack.

It isn't a problem with USB activesync passthrough.

Touch HD runnign Dutty's latest rom

YoungHog

YoungHog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:MDA VARIO

Be sure you have your 802.11b/g set right. Safe bet is set your router to Mixed wireless mode. By default the T-Mobile is .11b, unless you do the update as herein prior.

Also, note redundantly, if USB is connected, WiFi won't do anything as USB will get the TCP/IP stack. I have had quirkiness with mine at first too ... had to reset once as WiFi wasn't locking in reliably.

FYI, I am playing with very similar device from Kinpo iDo called a Neon 601 ... I had to baseline it as well once 'cause WiFi would lock in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All good now.. Took me a while.. Finally off/on the wireless router and got a new frequency channel and it all works like a champ..

Not sure on that one..

But its all WORKING LIKE A CHAMP.. ;)

Just wish I could get email via GPRS .. that bites..

YoungHog

You Have to LET IT ALL GO NEO... Fear Doubt and Disbelief
~ Morpheus

Noo

Noo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario

Just wish I could get email via GPRS .. that bites..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry if you've answered what I'm about to ask, but I lost you (or you lost me) a while back. However I think the "that bites" might be telling me this is a no-no...

I activesync (cradle) at work, one great benefit of this is Raspbery Software's True Connect to control my Vario. Earlier I received an MMS. The actual picture wouldn't download as I can't get an Internet connection via my work network (not sure why). Eventually I figure out what was happening, undocked my Vario and hit send/receive and it picked up a GPRS connection which downloaded the MMS attachment.

I'd also like to be able to pickup my IMAP email over GPRS whilst docked in my cradle and with activesync on. But can't for the above reason.

Finally, if I try and open PIE and connect to the web, the lack of Internet via work network shows itself with the error message:

"The page you are looking for cannot be found due to the unknown error 0x80070005"

Any thoughts?

ceanth

ceanth

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hey all,

im trying to get this working on my universal, i want to be able to charge via USB and use GPRS for email (POP).

I can get browsing but no POP email.

Has there been any development on this issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users