T-Mobile to shake up UK Mobile Data market?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shadamehr
I think the 25% discount refers to the voice plan - I'm thinking of the flex plan where you can get flex25 (normally £25) for 18.75 where you can use voice/text and SMS up to £60 value (eg 200 mins + 200 texts) but you can use mor or less voice/texts and the odd MMS which would suit me perfectly. Together with unlimited data at £7.50 would save me a fortune over Orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup - that bit is a given... but over on Mobaholics, the implication seemed to be that for NEW accounts, post 1st April, if you take the Flext Tariff, AND the new data bundle together, BOTH get the 25% discount.

We are now debating this over there now - or rather, I've clarified the question, and the OP has responded that he meant the whole new "web n walk" tariff replacement itself, would get the discount... which is not what we were originally talking about, as we were extolling the virtues of Flext PLUS the data add on.

So he might well be right in terms of what he meant, but that's not what we were debating...

Whatever the case though, its a great day for all.

And I certainly think they will be changing web and walk, else no point anyone taking it...

Why get web n walk, at say £22.50 a month with 100 minutes of calls, when you could instead take flext20, at £15, and add the new data bundle at £7.50, and thus then for the same £22.50 get the same data allowance, but a calls allowance of 100 minutes PLUS 100 sms, plus 20 mms...

Thus far better value than the web n walk tariff, for the exact same price...!

This applies equally to the higher web n walk tariffs compared to the higher flext tariffs too.

So from the 1st april, I forsee them changing web n walk, otherwise everyone could get a better deal using flext plus new data bundle!

Guest FragMeister

Just looked on the t-mobile account page at the "Price Plans" page, as I am just out of contract having bought my Compact in Feb 05.

I see there is now a "web 'n' walk professional" tariff shown £17.02 per month (+vat = £20.00).

The plot thickens!

Guest gmail

One quick question:

+ if I was to buy, say, the MDA Pro on a new Flext contract from TMobile today, can I add in the all-inclusive £7.50 data bundle through the internal TM a/c page now, or on 1 April, or never? If I go through their web site ordering page, they show the old GPRS allowance tariffs (eg 20MB for £15).

Guest shadamehr
One quick question:

+ if I was to buy, say, the MDA Pro on a new Flext contract from TMobile today, can I add in the all-inclusive £7.50 data bundle through the internal TM a/c page now, or on 1 April, or never? If I go through their web site ordering page, they show the old GPRS allowance tariffs (eg 20MB for £15).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This new add on CAN now be added via the user's own Account Management page.

B U T > > >

There is of course, no confirmation of what this actually entitles you to just yet... even T-Mobile have not confirmed what it means...

Guest shadamehr
Just looked on the t-mobile account page at the "Price Plans" page, as I am just out of contract having bought my Compact in Feb 05.

I see there is now a "web 'n' walk professional" tariff shown £17.02 per month (+vat = £20.00).

The plot thickens!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give us a link to it, as I can't find it anywhere...

Guest FragMeister
Can you give us a link to it, as I can't find it anywhere...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to login to "My T-Mobile", go to Manage Account and then select your phone number from the "Mobile phone numbers on this account" section.

You can then select "Change to a different price plan" and one of the plans you can select is the "web 'n' walk professional" tariff.

I can see this, but as mentioned earlier I am now out of my 12 month contract period. Maybe this is why you cant see it?

Guest pd.ryder

Okey dokey. We're all dribbling at the gills it seems.

But which device to have? Forget the SDA Music/II etc cus I've got a C550 already.

What are the ins and outs of owning MDA Compact II, Vario or Pro and have they been provided free on contract. I've just been looking at T-Mobile's site and they seem to want to charge silly prices for them, especially the Pro ;)

How's this all working then?

Guest Confucious

Compact II is free on flex plans. Pro is the one to go for, it's not cheap but internet access at 3g speeds with that screen and keyboard make it a pleasure to use.

HTH

Guest battletank

I'm concerned that once the pricing is announced, all the good phones will sell out for weeks!

If I buy a Pro on Flext now, and a data pack costing more than £7.50, will I automatically be switched to the unlimited package next week?

Guest Confucious

Why not buy it without a data package and then add the data at £7.50 when you get it?

Can anyone confirm that all SIMS now are USIMS so if I get a compact II to flog on eBay I can use the SIM in my Exec for 3G?

Guest rizzles
Compact II is free on flex plans. Pro is the one to go for, it's not cheap but internet access at 3g speeds with that screen and keyboard make it a pleasure to use.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So your on t-mobile in the uk and have internet access at 3g speeds??

Guest FragMeister
Another Vario?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's already got a Vario, and doesnt want a second one!

Me: I'm holding out for the HTC Hermes [to be known as MDA Vario II, with a faster processor than the Vario and 3G - hmmm: unlimited free 3G downloads, that will be nice!]

Edited by FragMeister

Guest Syphon Filter

Me: I'm holding out for the HTC Hermes [to be known as MDA Vario II, with a faster processor than the Vario and 3G - hmmm: unlimited free 3G downloads, that will be nice!]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When is the Hermes due for release on T-Mobile in the UK?

I think this is the nail in the coffin for my Orange contract. As soon as a device with 3G and wifi is released on T-Mobile i will get a FlexT plan and the £7.50 data pack. So long O...its been a nice 6 years!!

Guest Confucious

I think this is the nail in the coffin for my Orange contract. As soon as a device with 3G and wifi is released on T-Mobile i will get a FlexT plan and the £7.50 data pack. So long O...its been a nice 6 years!!

What's wrong with the MDA Pro - it's got 3G and WiFi and is available now!

Guest nevawlkalone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah ryt...thats what i THOUGHT he ment, the Hermes... i soooo want a hermes, BUT on O2 and only germany have that so far!

this data plan, do you get decent text bundles in with it? im more of a texter than a talker and need the freebies ;)

]Too big, practically unusable as a regular phone... etc. etc.

Headset...it aint that bad really, i had a play with it and it cool, yes its HUGE but like i said, bluetooth headset?

Guest Syphon Filter
Ah ryt...thats what i THOUGHT he ment, the Hermes... i soooo want a hermes, BUT on O2 and only germany have that so far!

Headset...it aint that bad really, i had a play with it and it cool, yes its HUGE but like i said, bluetooth headset?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you got it with FlexT plan that would solve your problem for texting no?

I just dont like the Pro because its way too large. Something smaller like a vario or MDA Compact would much better suit my needs.

Guest rizzles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe its release date is somewhere around june/july!!

Guest Syphon Filter
I believe its release date is somewhere around june/july!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh...thats aaaaaaaaaaaages!!!

If T-Mobile could get a shift on and get a 3G wifi device the size of a vario or the prophet out along with these new tariffs then they would make a serious killing on contracts overnight pretty much. I know for certain that I would ditch my Orange in the blink of an eye.

Another question:

I have an orange phone, so i assume if i went to T-Mobile they would let me port my number over...great...but I also have a T-Mobile on there Free Time Max plan, which is a 24month contract, 3000mins offpeak to TM and landlines. Would T-Mobile let me have them as Lines 1 and 2 on the same device (ie the new one I get when I port my Orange over to a new TM contract) without having to change any of the numbers etc?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.