- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

matpj

matpj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
my messenger seems to sign off after a short period of time - and it doesn't indicate until I try to send a message.

has anyone else had this problem?
I'd like my messenger to stay connected until I cancel it..

Matt

chilledatthebottom

chilledatthebottom

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Photography, CNC Machining, Electronics, Engineering
  • Devices:Apple iPhone 3G, MDA Vario III
I'd love to have workaround for this too... Must be something to do with the GPRS timeout....

Jason Aspinall
Freelance Photographer
http://www.chilledatthebottom.com

matpj

matpj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I'd love to have workaround for this too... Must be something to do with the GPRS timeout....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sure on my C500 there was a timeout field you coudl set to the number of minutes (or leave it as zero for never timing out)
I cant find anything like this on my M500 - and my previous M500 didn't do this anyway....

unclelimey

unclelimey

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Devices:white iPhone, white htc touch

i'm sure on my C500 there was a timeout field you coudl set to the number of minutes (or leave it as zero for never timing out)
I cant find anything like this on my M500 - and my previous M500 didn't do this anyway....

i had this problem, if you goto settings,connections and manage existing connections... then edit the gprs internet settings... changing the access point name from orangeinternet to orangewap - that will sort it

or you could create a new connection.. call it messenger.... then use cellular line gprs then access name as orangewap.. this should also work.. with both these settings your intenet still works fine....

MitchellO

MitchellO

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
I never had this problem with my Mini. MSN Messenger was really good. A hell of a lot better than the crap version that comes with WM5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users