why does my messenger keep signing off?

Guest matpj

Guest matpj

my messenger seems to sign off after a short period of time - and it doesn't indicate until I try to send a message.

has anyone else had this problem?

I'd like my messenger to stay connected until I cancel it..

Matt

Guest matpj
I'd love to have workaround for this too... Must be something to do with the GPRS timeout....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm sure on my C500 there was a timeout field you coudl set to the number of minutes (or leave it as zero for never timing out)

I cant find anything like this on my M500 - and my previous M500 didn't do this anyway....

• 1 month later...
Guest unclelimey
i'm sure on my C500 there was a timeout field you coudl set to the number of minutes (or leave it as zero for never timing out)

I cant find anything like this on my M500 - and my previous M500 didn't do this anyway....

i had this problem, if you goto settings,connections and manage existing connections... then edit the gprs internet settings... changing the access point name from orangeinternet to orangewap - that will sort it

or you could create a new connection.. call it messenger.... then use cellular line gprs then access name as orangewap.. this should also work.. with both these settings your intenet still works fine....

Guest MitchellO

I never had this problem with my Mini. MSN Messenger was really good. A hell of a lot better than the crap version that comes with WM5.