M5000 AKU2 \o/

Guest bluemeat

Guest Wizard

Go on then, someone else go first... ;)

Wizard

PS I notice at the bottom of the page it says

"*Please note that this process is NOT suitable for the SPV, SPV E100, SPV E200, SPV M500, SPV C550, SPV C550M, SPV M1000, M1500, M2000, M5000 or any other device." - Note how the list of phones it is not suitable for includes the M500. I assume this is a typo.

Guest mthomas50

Well I'm fairly impressed.

Device appears much quicker (although it always does after a 'fresh install' doesnt it!)

Push email works and is a doddle to set up (assuming you have an appropriately setup exchange server of course)

All in all I'd recommend it!

Now to really customise it I guess...

Guest JonStatt

But it still uses the old 1.03 radio when we know there are some issues with it, and that a much later one exists for other M5000 clones!

Guest pupton

The current beta of Opera doesnt work properly with the new update either. The address bar has got a some kind of font problem so that you cant see the address your typing in :-(

Guest Wizard

So from the messages on this thread it sounds like this update ONLY provides push email, and no other improvements?

My phone still runs like a dog (very unresponsive) and calls regularly just drop. I assume none of this has been fixed?

Edited by Wizard

Guest JonStatt
So from the messages on this thread it sounds like this update ONLY provides push email, and no other improvements?

My phone still runs like a dog (very unresponsive) and calls regularly just drop. I assume none of this has been fixed?

Ollie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There definitely are other changes as things like icons at the top of the screen and such have changed. It feels a bit snappier but its early days yet. The process was fairly painless so I don't think it does any harm to try it..other than the fact, you will need to back-up all your data and reinstall any software.

Jonathan

Guest slickdesign
If you copy Arial back into the font directory Opera should work OK and stop displaying WngDings.

Or so I believe...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Normal Arial looks better and works

Copy the font from C:/Windows/Fonts by clicking on it and copying it by:

Edit -> Copy

And then Paste into your device in /Windows/Fonts

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dazza12

I applied the update to my M5000 yesterday.

I've noticed that push email doesn't seem to work properly. It can take 10-30 minutes for an email to appear on my phone. I thought it was supposed to do this straight away?

Is this something to do with how my Exchange 2003 server is set up? I can't see anything to say send every 10 minutes, the tick is in the right box to enable push email but still there's a delay.

Or is this an Orange issue?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest belfast-biker
As O2 still haven't released their AKU2 I think I'll try this on my Exec...

Why not go the whole hog, download the QTEK rom, and get bluetooth stereo while you're at it?