Guest Ingvarr

Guest Ingvarr

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=1686

File Name: MultiFlashLight

File Submitter: Ingvarr

File Submitted: 18 Mar 2006

File Updated: 6 Mar 2009

File Category: Other - Uncategorized

This application will turn your smartphone or PDA screen into multi-purpose flashlight. It can support a lot of modern smartphones and PDAs, starting with Windows Mobile 2003. Its completely free, but if you find it useful, you can show your gratitude by donating to author: x-click-but21.gif

Recent smartphones (ie C600, 8310, etc) use very bright light emission lamps in their screens, so idea of using them as flashlights is not as silly as it can sound. In fact, that program already was a big help for me when I needed to navigate pitch-black premises during the black out ;)

To make it more interesting, it supports 4 flashlight colors and 3 modes of operation lied out on digital keypad a table fashion:

M2 M3 M1

|  |  |

W-  1  2  3  

R-  4  5  6  

B-  7  8  9  

G-  *  0  #

There are 4 colors - White, Red(good for your night vision), Green and Blue.

And 3 modes of operation:

- in first mode light is always on, but you can temporarly "flash out" by holding the button

- in the second mode light is off, but you can make flashes by holding the button

- in the third mode light light is pulsing - faster if you hold the button

Also you can fine-tune brightness with joystick up-down, if you wish.

The program will make sure that light will not turn off by timeout and will use maximum brightness until you turn it off manually.

Changelog:

Version 1.02

- mode 3 is always auto-blink, faster if holding a button

Version 1.01

- fixes for Typhoon/Feeler (C500/8010/8020)

Click here to download this file

Edited by Ingvarr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this WM5 only? It runs on a WM2003SE C500 and gives a white screen but as soon as I press a key, it seems to hang.

The phone does not respond to the power button and I have to remove the battery (or wait ~1 minute for it to switch off).

Looks good though, if I could get it to work. In the mean time, I'll have to stick with TorchLite.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ingvarr
Is this WM5 only? It runs on a WM2003SE C500 and gives a white screen but as soon as I press a key, it seems to hang.

The phone does not respond to the power button and I have to remove the battery (or wait ~1 minute for it to switch off).

Looks good though, if I could get it to work. In the mean time, I'll have to stick with TorchLite.

There was a bug that caused freezes on C500.

Its fixed now in 1.01.

• 1 month later...
Guest hfell

I like it! We have some deadly dark back-stairs in our house, no lighting at all... this will be perfect for those times I have to navigate them at night :-)

• 6 months later...
Guest mikeeey
Great stuff. Tnx

lol this is cool i like it. i made it as my speed dial for number 5.

tho i wish there was an option where u could click a button and it blinks the colors, instead of having to hold it down.

or just replace 2,5,8, and 0 option wish just pressing the button once and it stays flashing until u click it again.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest conan_troutman
Yes, I think its a good idea.

Ive been using this ever since I upgrade to my Qtek 8310 from my MPX 220 (now the wifes) I miss the lack of led flash so this was the next option then it got me anchoring back the day of my disco flash light on my sharp GX30i

so if your planing on a one button flashing on sequence any chance of making it flash different colours at random too great for amusing the kids with a home made disco wen we go camping.

great piece of kit i hope you keep on developing it

• 1 month later...
Guest Yannmav

Hi everybody,

Can somebody HELP-ME please, I can't install it on my SPVC600...

Even by using SMARTCAB or copying directly to my SPV... Nothing happened...

Thanks and Hope somebody has the solution...

Take care....

• 3 months later...
Guest kuba78

Hi,

The multiflashlight is a really nice programm, but i have a small problem with it...

It turns off after several seconds...

If i keep pressing the buttons to have a light, it works fine, but when i use light without pressing buttons (3,6,9 modes) the programm turns off after several second... Why is that ? Is it normal ?

Guest Ingvarr
Hi,

The multiflashlight is a really nice programm, but i have a small problem with it...

It turns off after several seconds...

If i keep pressing the buttons to have a light, it works fine, but when i use light without pressing buttons (3,6,9 modes) the programm turns off after several second... Why is that ? Is it normal ?

Most likely your phone is not fully application-unlocked.

To control backlight and prevent it from going out, MultiFlashLight must have full system access.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

I'd love to install MFL on my SPV E650 running under WM6...

I tried but I failed.

But I'm not 100% sure of the way to install it.

Did somebody try ? with success ?

Thanks !

Jeff

Hi !

I'd love to install MFL on my SPV E650 running under WM6...

I tried but I failed.

But I'm not 100% sure of the way to install it.

Did somebody try ? with success ?

Thanks !

Jeff

Sorry Guys, I did something wrong yesterday during install (what ?)...

I tried again, and it works well !

Great ! thanks for this good freeware !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrSpliff
How is this program installed?

Thanx for the help guys :)

Now for any other noobs out there i worked it out. If you unpack the rar on your pc you get .xml and .001 or any .oo files just leave the rar place it on your phone and your mobile will reconise it as a .cab and install the software for you

Guest conan_troutman

What Rar file did you download...its a CAB file that you download...so the phones recognises it as a CAB file because that what it is. Put the doobie down and let the grey matter heal man

also patience is a virtue i saw your post at 5 am and decided to post back when I got home just now...so here is how to install.

place it on your phone and your mobile will reconise it as a .cab
('cos it is)
and install the software for you

thanks to MrSpliff for his answer...lets be thankful for the oregano mix or else he might have been really mad...lol

just playin' wit chu man

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Ingvarr
Thanx for the help guys :)

Now for any other noobs out there i worked it out. If you unpack the rar on your pc you get .xml and .001 or any .oo files just leave the rar place it on your phone and your mobile will reconise it as a .cab and install the software for you

Most likely you have the .cab associated with WinRAR.

Do not "open" the cab. Just download it, copy it to device (via activesync), and then "launch" it on the device to install.

Or install CABViaActivesync utility - it will be able to do same in one right click on the cab.

Guest MrSpliff

Maby my winrar it ticked to reconise most files as a rar standard install options for winrar. I have seen many ppl complaning about what to do once they open a rar and get .xml and .oo files.

Guest MrSpliff

Im getting a fiew errors on my phone u guys might be able to help with im a total smartphone noob.

I installed a couple of things that say i need to update my net compact framework also some games just dont play i get black screen. you guys have any idea why or where i can update the framework to the latest 1

Guest MrSpliff

The .cab file Identified by : ".cab" extension

The .cab file is a relative of .zip - this is where a lot of people go wrong. When the .cab file is sitting on your PC it'll have a "Zip" icon which leads a lot of people into un-zipping them to their PC and then copying the files across to the phone - NO! Don't do this dude! Don't forget that .cab files have information in them about where to install, so you should find a shortcut in your SmartPhones' program menu for the file after it's installed.

Guest conan_troutman

comapact frame work is available from the download section in the microsft windows mobile area....if you don't find I will post a link when i do as i don't know it off my head...although i do have a cab file for it somewhere

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.