I-mate SP5 ROM Officially Released today !

Guest rmastbro

Guest Thetechnogeek
Before everyone gets all excited, did anyone figure out how to unlock the new firmware first? It's good that we get a new firmware, but if we can't install our old unsigned software, what's the point?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The registry hacks for the old firmware work for the new one too. I have had no problems certificate unlocking the new firmware.

Not talking about SIM/operator unlocking here by the way- just allowing non-certified apps to be installed.

Guest rafael1119

Installed with no problem for me the only issue I have is setting this up for email push. I followed the setup for the tmo SDA device but no joy.

Any one has had any luck setting up an i-mate SP5 to work with tmo USA OTA?

Thanks,

Rafael

Guest porkins

I've installed theSP5m ROM update and all is well. Push updates are working fantastically well.

The only thing missing is the CA eTrust AntiVirus installation. I've downloaded the lastest software pack from imate but eTrust either fails to install or isn't included.

Anyone get the same issue or know anything further?

Guest Thetechnogeek
The only thing missing is the CA eTrust AntiVirus installation. I've downloaded the lastest software pack from imate but eTrust either fails to install or isn't included.

Anyone get the same issue or know anything further?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've held off installing the iMate customisations for the moment- I had assumed this file contained the eTrust prog. If it doesn't, what's in the iMate customisation file?

Guest porkins
I've held off installing the iMate customisations for the moment- I had assumed this file contained the eTrust prog. If it doesn't, what's in the iMate customisation file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nevermind...needed a reboot and it's there!

Guest rmastbro
Does the EDGE 'E' indicator work without modifying the registry?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No.. I had to do the registry modifcations to make it work... no bid deal...

Guest thenext1

In the clubimate ftp there are 2 files for the SP5m (WWE version):

1) i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.5.331.2.zip

2) i-mate_SP5m_WWE_2.6.331.2.zip

whichs the right one? they've got the same size and date...

bye bye

Guest shadamehr

1) New Tool in the Accessories folder:

USB Switch

It allows you to Change the ActiveSync mode between Serial, and RNDIS

2) Fonts used on the Camera Application are now smaller/not as Bolded

3) OLD Camera Version: 2.58 Build 21425, NEW version: 2.58 Build 23015 - it now shows the HTC logo on the Camera about screen too.

4) Old File Manager: ver 1.41 Build 21305, NEW: ver 1.41 Build 22448

Room after ROM install:

Storage 17.95

Used 4.02

Free 13.93

Program 45.05

Used 18.93

Free 26.12

Maybe a little out as I've been using the camera...

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Pagemakers

Noticed that the icon gas changed when paired to my Tom Tom 1. It used to be 2 arrows when connected to the TT server. Now it is a standard G symbol.

Edited by Pagemakers

Guest shadamehr
Noticed that the icon gas changed when paired to my Tom Tom 1.  It used to be 2 arrows when connected to the TT server.  Now it is a standard G symbol.

Also noticed the homescreen now has text: "Wi-Fi:" just under the carrier name.  Not sure why because the wifi icons tell you whether it's on or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It tells you the NAME of the Net connected to for wi-fi Pagemakers mate - not saying its especially useful, just pointing out the difference between the icon in the status bar, and the new behaviour in the main homescreen window.

(For others that can't see what we mean here - this is on the DEFAULT homescreen theme now, not using the specific wireless homescreen - the wi-fi status is now shown along with the Operator plugin.)

Guest Kallisti

Observations...

New Comm Manager (press the top left side button)..

WiFi shown on front page when not connected, but seemingly no icon to indicate it IS connected?

Managed to have several programs hang so far...

Guest namiran
The 1st file in the list is US English

The 3rd file in the list is UK Engllish (and Swedish is there too).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im sorry for this silly question, but which file is te 3rd file? can you please specify the filename istead? :oops: