T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS - IT'S OFFICIAL!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

We've already told you about it... but it's now OFFICIAL... T-Mobile are to offer unlimited GPRS at a storming £7.50 per month!

The full press release can be found HERE, and i've also copied highlights below ;)

PARTY! ;)

P

T-MOBILE OPENS UP WEB’N’WALK TO MORE CUSTOMERS

Unique open mobile Internet service option for £7.50 a month and now with unlimited browsing and e-mail

Key Features: web’n’walk now available on Relax and Flext tariffs Incredible value £7.50 a month option for unlimited browsing and e-mail web’n’walk handset range to expand in June Multi-million summer ad campaign planned

London, UK – 23rd March 2006: T-Mobile’s open mobile Internet service will soon be available for £7.50 a month as an add-on to the network operator’s successful Relax and Flext tariffs.

Unlimited web’n’walk will offer more T-Mobile customers than ever before the chance to browse, e-mail and chat on the move whenever they want. A range of new handsets, (available from June), a revamped homepage (with more categories and webmail links) and improved e-mail support will increase the service’s appeal.

As web ‘n’ walk offers access to the open internet (by way of contrast to traditional “walled garden” WAP services), customers using the web’n’walk service are able to browse the web how they want and are free to log on to whatever websites they choose.

Phil Chapman, Marketing Director of T-Mobile UK, said: “By making the service unlimited and framing it as an add-on to Relax and Flext tariffs, web’n’walk becomes a core part of our product range.

“Along with the impending introduction of several new web’n’walk-capable handsets, what we have now is a truly open mobile internet service that will appeal to a much wider audience. Our aim is to make web’n’walk the choice for any mobile phone user who wants to access the Internet on the move – whether it’s to stay one step ahead of the news or to express themselves through moblogs.”

The availability of a new range of web’n’walk handsets will coincide with the launch of a massive multi-million summer advertising campaign.

Chapman added: “Our web’n’walk summer ad campaign marks another stage in an exciting year for T-Mobile. As well as revamping web’n’walk, we are currently rolling out our innovative Flext tariff, and we will be opening an unprecedented number of new T-Mobile shops this year.”

The availability of a new range of web’n’walk handsets will coincide with the launch of a massive multi-million summer advertising campaign.

Chapman added: "Our web’n’walk summer ad campaign marks another stage in an exciting year for T-Mobile. As well as revamping web’n’walk, we are currently rolling out our innovative Flext tariff, and we will be opening an unprecedented number of new T-Mobile shops this year."

Guest chucky.egg

Any hints as to what they may be?

I'm considering jacking O in early to take this up so I might hang on if the Modaco deals are interesting...

Guest Paul [MVP]

Well, we're still working them out, but they'll probably be the usual free phone, free something else, maybe Plus thrown in, but should have a better idea tomorrow?

P

wow awesome!!!!

was actually @ a tmobile shop yesterday really after another contract and terminating my orange one for obvious reasons

even better....may well go for this

Guest emyllis

OOoh Paul!

That sounds a really good deal! I'd happily get a new phone to replace my trusty C500 especially if it's on a good deal.

This sounds really exciting.

Hurry up weekend so I can read about the special deals you might have in store...

Excellent news...Orange are going to have to do something pretty spectacular to prevent me jumping ship once I'm out of contract...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont count on it LOL

Guest chucky.egg
Well, we're still working them out, but they'll probably be the usual free phone, free something else, maybe Plus thrown in, but should have a better idea tomorrow?

Cool

Look forward to seeing that

Guest shadamehr

STOP!!!

I just got this Email back, in relation to a query I sent, asking what this 'add on' actually is...

This is their reply...

Hello xxxxxxx

Thanks for contacting me about the web 'n' walk option that you've seen available on My T-Mobile.

The web 'n' walk option isn't officially released until the 1st April. It was available on My T-Mobile in error when our web technicians were testing its functionality, prior to the April 1st release date.

Web 'n' walk option gives you an unlimited allowance to use each month (fair use policy of 40MB). The feature costs £7.50 (inclusive of VAT) per month. There is a run on rate of £1.00 per MB when the Unlimited allowance (fair use policy of 40MB) is exceeded.

If I can offer you any further help xxxxxx, please feel free to contact me by email again.   

Kind regards

Greg

Email team

Did you read that and think GREAT!

If so, go back and read the Fair Use limit...

Yup 40MB - as per the existing rate...

If this guy is telling the truth, that means the entire debates we have been having on here, and Mobiholics, just went out the window - there, watch it go... woosh...

NIGHTMARE...

I'm only pasting the Email I got back folks - don't shoot me as Messenger, if this is right!

Edited by shadamehr

Guest Dr Who

At last, smartphones come in to their own!!!!

See ya, Orange. I used to love you but frankly, the last year has been s***. Byyyeeeeee.

Assuming 3G data is included - anyone confirm?

Edited by Dr Who

Guest richard_hogg

It's not clear from the release. But does this mean that the people who are on the W&W tarrifs already will now be on unlimited GPRS instead of the 40mb allowance?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Shadamehr, that doesn't fit with what i've been hearing, and definitely doesn't fit with:

'Unique open mobile Internet service option for £7.50 a month and now with unlimited browsing and e-mail'

:|

P

Guest Xenzo1990

40mb.. Could that be an poorly informed supporty? T-mobile have been becomming a more attractive network for a bit now. When i'm out of contract, if Orange don't have a match for this, i'll be on T-mobile asap.

Guest Dr Who

Lets hope CS has cocked up again - 40Mb fair use is not, by any stretch of the imagination, unlimited. If it then costs 1Mb above 40Mb then it is actually 40Mb of data for £7.50, surely????????

Guest Syphon Filter
Lets hope CS has cocked up again - 40Mb fair use is not, by any stretch of the imagination, unlimited. If it then costs 1Mb above 40Mb then it is actually 40Mb of data for £7.50, surely????????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a fair usage limit stated in the press release?

Sounds like CS may well have got it mixed up.

Also, any word on if this is purely a GPRS thing or will it include data transfer over 3G as well??

Guest efjay

You know, since moving to the US the UK mobile market has been looking better and better; 3G services from ALL operators (not just 2 as in the US), better range of phones available from operators at cheap prices. I never missed the UK more than I do now. Hope the "unlimited" is the real deal, enjoy!!

Guest James

I really hope I get upgraded to 'unlimited' else I am going to be pissed off ;)

can web 'n' walk customers upgrade to unlimited for £7.50 or does it now mean web 'n' walk is unlimited?

Guest shadamehr
Shadamehr, that doesn't fit with what i've been hearing, and definitely doesn't fit with:

'Unique open mobile Internet service option for £7.50 a month and now with unlimited browsing and e-mail'

:|

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is SERIOUSLY worrying me, cos Paul, you say this doesn't fit with UNLIMITED INTERNET... BUT...

In the Email I got it mentions Unlimited Allowance still (twice even), but just emphasises the Fair Use limit, so it could still be described as Unlimited.

And as we ALL know there WILL be a fair use cap (but we thought it was gonne be 1GB), and the official press release curiously NEGLECTS to talk about Fair Use Caps that we KNOW there will be, then it still means that my post could be absolutely correct.

Oh BUMMER - I PREY this Greg bloke is misinformed, but there is NOTHING in what he says, that DOES NOT still adhere/fit in with the official press release alas...

NIGHTMARE.

Can you chase this up if you have a good source Paul, 'cos if this IS true, and we had all been talking about the amazing shake up of the data market til now, this could be the biggest cock-up fiasco T-Mobile could have come up with, in the role reversal it amounts to for our built up expectations.

Guest Swampie

Seeing as we're still a week away from launch date (1st April), I'm not surprised the CSR people haven't necessarily got to understand all the details of the new deals.

Personally, I was told a month ago about the change to (quote) "unlimited data (with a fair use policy

probably around 1GB a month)". So unless things have changed in the last month during testing, I cannot believe they've so drastically reduced the allowance to just 40MB. I suspect 'Greg' was getting it all confused with the current Web'n'Walk allowance - and seeing as the product hasn't officially launched yet, it's possible staff haven't had full training/information yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.