Qtek S200 upgrade (& support)

Guest filesaveas

Guest filesaveas

Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice about ROM upgrades.

I'm trying to find out if there's a newer ROM image that I can install on my new S200, but struggling to find the official support site.

Entering my IMEI number at qtekcorp tells me that a company called Teleservice offer support on this product, but they don't know anything about it. Brightpoint won't accept my IMEI number for accessing their ROM section, so there doesn't seem to be any official support for the S200. That seems to leave this site as the only way to upgrade the device

I'm currently running:

ROM: 2.9.7.24 WWE

Radio: 02.07.20

Protocol: 413.1.03

ExtROM: 2.9.7.106

Can anyone tell me if there's (a) an official firmware patch out for this, (;) where I can get it, and © if not, can any of the other ROMs on here be used to get a newer version of OS on my device?

Many thanks,

Pete

Edited by filesaveas

Hi all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice about ROM upgrades (I'm not a developer, so please bear with me).

I'm trying to find out if there's a newer ROM image that I can install on my new S200, but struggling to find the official support site.

Entering my IMEI number at qtekcorp tells me that a company called Teleservice offer support on this product, but they don;t know anything about it. Brightpoint won't accept my IMEI number for accessing their ROM section, so there doesn't seem to be any official support for the S200. That seems to leave this site as the only way to upgrade the device

I'm currently running:

ROM: 2.9.7.24 WWE

Radio: 02.07.20

Protocol: 413.1.03

ExtROM: 2.9.7.106

Can anyone tell me if there's (a) an official firmware patch out for this, (;) where I can get it, and © if not, can any of the other ROMs on here be used to get a newer version of OS on my device?

Many thanks,

Pete

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum Pete

All I can tell you is I have a new S200 which includes push email so I assume its the latest. I have the exact same version numbers as you too.

I contacted expansys (my reseller) about future ROM upgrades and where to get them as the Qtek site was also no help and they said I currently have the latest ROM but when a new ROM is released expansys will post it on their support forum.

hth

gerryR

Guest filesaveas
I contacted expansys (my reseller) about future ROM upgrades and where to get them as the Qtek site was also no help and they said I currently have the latest ROM but when a new ROM is released expansys will post it on their support forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good news - many thanks for the fast reply.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
So when is that?

Seems i-mate and other prophets (inkl. some qtek distributers) already have released the new roms.

Any word?

G.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine has the latest ROM (ie the one with the push email) don't think there has been one released since and I didn't think Qtek released the S200 without push email. Correct me if I'm wrong, I can take it ;)

Think they have released one for the 9000 (or is it the 9100) since the push email one, this updated one has sterio over bluetooth, I reckon that will be the next ROM for the S200 and would hope it isn't too far off! I know I'll be on to expansys as soon as I hear its released!

ATB

gerryR

Edited by Guest