* * * * * 12 votes

• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

MikeK2

MikeK2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just get the "Can't swith to Mass Storage USB driver, Error 57" when I run it.

Could it be because I installed it to the device by mistake first? I uninstalled it afterwards, but I've never gotten it to work.

I have a QTek 8310, by the way.

Thanks

Mike

leoiden

leoiden

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Devices:HTC TOuch or P3450
EXCELLENT APPLICATION !! two thumbs up way up !! byetheway bonus its FREEWARE thanks creator of the application! ;) ;) :(

Eminos

Eminos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
Hmm, really good app, but after a first test it seems very slow to copy files to the storage card .. I'm not sure, but I think that transfer via ActiveSync is faster .. to bad .. I thought this would be faster ..

/E

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
People who getting error 57 most likely havent fully unlocked their smartphones. I know that some unlock "recipies" around dont unlock all APIs, so some software will work, some (more deep system-level) wouldn't. Try this one

to HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies
add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

That would set security model to "one-tier" - unsigned applications/components will still ask for confirmation, but after you confirm, they will launch in full-trust access mode, like on WM5 PocketPCs.

I'm using it on a Qtek 9000, it seems to work fine. I've found a similar problem and I solved it in this way: be sure that ActiveSync isn't active before executing WM5torage (detach the unit before run WM5torage, also try to reset the unit if you still have trouble).

Try it with latest version. Note which error will popup if youll try to activate it with activesync on. Maybe Ill be able to fix that.

Is it possible to run it at WM2003SE? My handset is SPV C550

There is no plans to do WM2003 version. I've explained it in the app description page.

Have you planned USB 2 soon ?

I dont program hardware, I simply use existing hardware driver that PDA/smartphone have, thats why range of supported platforms broaden.
If (usb hardware) driver reports that it can not do High-Speed USB, I can hardly do anything about that...
For instance, OMAP 850 used in Tornado supports even USB-on-the-Go, this is superset of USB 2.0. But driver HTC made only reports that it can do full speed (and not high speed) transfers.

Currently, the transfer speeds match that of ActiveSync, measured them. When copying a lot of small files, it can be slower, since with low-level access Windows have to update FAT, and in copying by ActiveSync its more effective. Enabling write-cache in Windows can help that.

Possibly I will improve writing speed somewhat, but for example Iam sure that on 8300/8310 it will never exceed 490 Kb/sec - that the speed that hardware can only receive data, without doing nothing else (without even writing it to card).

Any chance of a ppc version?

This version will run on PPC. Provided it have Windows Mobile 5, of course.

Edited by Ingvarr, 27 March 2006 - 07:03 AM.

dddrko

dddrko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Thank you Ingvarr, you're great. Works like charm on mine Qtec 9100 (htc wizard). Before the activating it ActiveSync should be disabled. Can you include warning (or button for killig AS, even better), 'cose lot of people forgeting to do so?

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
If you dont disable ActiveSync, what exactly happens with latest version on Wizard?

Because on Tornado it normally disconnects ActiveSync and switches to mass storage.

Edited by Ingvarr, 27 March 2006 - 08:05 AM.

spludge

spludge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Works fine with iMate Jasjar. Just have to replug the cable if it was previously synced with ActiveSync to get the PC to detect the USB Mass Storage Device.

philou94

philou94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

T-MOBILE SDA with wm5
PC canot display DISK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bonjour,
il semble vraiment génial ce petit log ;)

philou94

philou94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Bonjour,
Vraiment super génial se log ;)

dddrko

dddrko

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
I was wrong ;) 'cose I had to do it with Softick's CardExport. Now there's two tumbs up for you!

If you dont disable ActiveSync, what exactly happens with latest version on Wizard?

Because on Tornado it normally disconnects ActiveSync and switches to mass storage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yian-yian

yian-yian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:QTEK 8300 (WM5)
This is definitively the tool everybody was looking for. However, before install it on my Smartphone QTEK, can you confirm that it can be used in parallel with ActiveSynch ? Because, I am using ActiveSynch with my main computer for full synchronisation. This new tool would be for using on a second computer where I just need this memory card access feature... So, I need both on my smartphone.

Thxs for this clarification.

Rgds

skjelnes

skjelnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

it works perfectly on my O2 XDA min S (HTC WIZARD) good job!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It does work on my Qtek 9100 too! I forgot to softrest after installing it the first time.

I do not have to disabel ActiveSync.

Edited by skjelnes, 27 March 2006 - 11:35 AM.

--
Kristian Skjelnes

ronswens

ronswens

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Looks like owners of Typhoon/Feeler smartphones with WM5 installed have the same problem. XP adds the USB Mass Storage as a device but can't assign a disk letter to it. WinHex sees the device as a Physical Media named "Hard disk 2" but doesn't see as a Logical Drive. It also can't read anything from the device returning I/O error. Any suggestions?

T-Mobile SDA, WM2005

xusso

xusso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Motorola MPX200 + HTC Prophet
Tested it on my MPX200 with WM5.
It runs great, the only problem is when I try to return to the Smartphone homescreen or even deactivate the utility, it doesn't work and I eventualy have to do a softreset.

Any answers?

I think it's because on MPX200 the SD card is considered the main memory (on Resco explorer thers's no card inserted)

TIA for the help!

HTC Prophet User
Samsung Omnia 900i User
...iPhone 3G

mannymanny

mannymanny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:i-mate sp5m
I get error 57 on my sp5m also?

lspatricio

lspatricio

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Installed it on my Qtek 9100 Pocket PC just to see if it worked.

I get the error "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i got this same message after installing. but a soft reset did the trick and it worked! Good job! ;)

(Tested on XDA2s with WM5)

Edited by lspatricio, 27 March 2006 - 01:28 PM.

donZe

donZe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mpx200

Tested it on my MPX200 with WM5.
It runs great, the only problem is when I try to return to the Smartphone homescreen or even deactivate the utility, it doesn't work and I eventualy have to do a softreset.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The same with my mpx200. works perfectly but there is just no way to quit the program - no buttons are active.
Still I love it - using my mobile as a mass storage device...

Unic0der

Unic0der

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Devices:i-Mate SP5

I get error 57 on my sp5m also?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Create the following registry key, restart the phone, and it will work:
to "HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies" add new value "0000101b": dword = 1

sas90850

sas90850

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC Prophet
Work fine on HTC Prophet. One more thing, during the file transfer process, don't turn off the PDA otherwise the process will stop. As a result, you need to turn off any power time out setting. Also, during the file transfer process, the PDA cannot read the storage card.

PPCPassion

PPCPassion

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Devices:HTC M8, Nexus 5

Hmm, really good app, but after a first test it seems very slow to copy files to the storage card .. I'm not sure, but I think that transfer via ActiveSync is faster .. to bad .. I thought this would be faster ..

/E

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could be totally wrong but I guess it emulates USB 1.x rather than faster 2.x version that's why transfer is slow (I think), nevertheless, it's a great program with lot of potential for further development.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users