• Please log in to reply
1018 replies to this topic

abe505

abe505

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Eten M600
I installed on my ETEN M600 and it works, but I think it still got bug that is you have to keep your m600 on. When your m600 turn off and then you turn it on again it won't work untill you soft reset the m600. It worth to try though and hope it'll be bugs free soon ;)

teamfive

teamfive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:x

Maybe Mac works with USB mass storage in somewhat different way... I had to break some specs there to make working with Windows XP specifically and to defuse some "anomalies"(bugs?) in 8300 usb driver.

Under OS X (10.4.5) it shows up as :

Windows Mobile Device:

Version: 0.00
Bus Power (mA): 500
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Microsoft
Product ID: 0xffff
Vendor ID: 0x045e

Apple: Introduction to Mass Storage Device Driver Programming Guide

Anyone in for developing a OS X MSD driver that support WM5Storage?

catpunt

catpunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile SDA USA
Works great on my T-Mobile SDA USA, no rebooting required. Activating/deactivating through WM5torage seamlessly switches between mass storage device and ActiveSync.

Kudos!

EDIT: Should mention I've already performed the application unlock.

Edited by catpunt, 28 March 2006 - 10:09 PM.

lucid8

lucid8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
re: OS X

It doesn't work on my Mac either. Although, it did work with an older version of this:

http://www.softick.c...pc/cardexport2/

Now, with the latest version, I get the same errors in my log as I do with this app:

Mar 28 14:29:13 kernel[0]: USBF: 682847.217 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::CreateGeneralTransfer - trying to queue to a stalled pipe
Mar 28 14:29:13 kernel[0]: USBF: 682847.217 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::DoIOTransfer - error 0xe000404f queueing request
Mar 28 14:29:24 kernel[0]: USBF: 682857.777 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2512000]::Found a transaction past the completion deadline on bus 11, timing out!

There's some info available via google if you search for the errors, here's an example:

http://lists.apple.c...t/msg00006.html

arg0

arg0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Qtek S200
works like a charm on my qtek s200. thanks!!!

v4victory

v4victory

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:M2000 , MDA PRO
;)

nicely done mate that was one important thing for me looking forward to send you some money for your gr8 work ;)

Edited by v4victory, 28 March 2006 - 11:56 PM.

ronaldf117

ronaldf117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dopod 900
Great Work. I've tested on Dopod 900. ;)

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Milestone
Ok, I've imposed the power requirements on device USB controller and Flash Memory card to prevent transfers from going down when device is suspended (like PPC terminating transfers when idling to suspend).

Tell me if it helps.

also, added the "removable" flags.

Edited by Ingvarr, 29 March 2006 - 09:20 AM.

bnycastro

bnycastro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:STAR WARS, Music, Tech
  • Devices:palm Treo 750v
D/L and installed v1.3 on my dopod838 wm5 with Qtek test rom, did the soft reset and tried to activate with no luck. I got "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f" also after the soft reset I got 3 messages [full of weird symbols from the network???]-- am not sure if the later is related to wm5 storage but this is the 1st time I saw this.

Bny Castro

May the FORCE Be With You...

----------------------
My Device: Treo Bean
----------------------
Visit: The Beansterâ„¢ Blog
----------------------
Nokia, Sony Ericsson, PocketPC, Smartphone Themes, Motorola Wallpapers, MP3 Ringtones: m9 Homesite | deviantART page
----------------------

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Edited by Ingvarr, 29 March 2006 - 09:42 AM.

demichve

demichve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
double post! Sorry

Edited by demichve, 29 March 2006 - 09:44 AM.

rrunner

rrunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8020

Tell me if it helps.

also, added the "removable" flags.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ingvarr, please help Typhon and Feeler owners, as it seems that this is the only one platform incompatible with your perfect software.
IMHO it is something wrong in interaction between your software and storage card driver (not an USB, as it was suggested by ARC on qtek-mobile.ru/forum) because in device manager we can see USB Mass storage device under Universal Serial Bus Controlers and USB Disk under Disk Drives, and only volume is not installed.With version 1.3 (if "removable class" is active) it is installing Generic volume also, but it is unridable.

Спасибо заранее,от армии тайфуноюзеров.

Edited by rrunner, 29 March 2006 - 10:34 AM.

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
I already wrote why support for Typhoon/feeler is problematic.

Like with MPX200, for them part of OS is stored on storage card. To make usb disk access properly work, storage card must be made unaccessible to smartphone (dismounted), but no way do it properly when part of OS is on it.

Thats why driver is "activated" and device is "detected", but no actual proper disk access is done later.

Make dismount work, and it will work. But I think you'll need to fix this "unofficial firmware" for that.

Edited by Ingvarr, 29 March 2006 - 10:53 AM.

SkaBoy

SkaBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:I-Mate SP3
thank you

rrunner

rrunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Like with MPX200, for them part of OS is stored on storage card. To make usb disk access properly work, storage card must be made unaccessible to smartphone (dismounted), but no way do it properly when part of OS is on it.

Thats why driver is "activated" and device is "detected", but no actual proper disk access is done later.

Make dismount work, and it will work. But I think you'll need to fix this "unofficial firmware" for that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On MPX200 it is working fine in spite of the fact that More than half OS is located on Storage Card and For OS(not for driver of course) it is not visible as a Storage Card(it is merged dinamicaly with \Storage).Just it is hanging after deactivating WM5torage because part of OS is unavelable
On Typhons it is nothing OS depended on storage card.Moreover WM5toraje is unmounting and mounting Scard back without any errors or hangs from OS.

Please tell me if I can create any kind of log or if I can provide any additional information.Or point me what else can be the problem. IMHO its not a "USB" or "Dismount"

Edited by rrunner, 29 March 2006 - 11:15 AM.

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
Sorry, I dont know how to fix leaked firmwares.
Make OS direct (sector IOCTL) disk access fully work - and it will work, that all I know.

If it detects the device but cant actually properly read/write data - that means the problems most likely with actual per-sector flash access. Wheither it down do no proper dismount, or simply lack of proper direct disk access in leaked builds - no idea.

It also can be due to the bugs in the usb function (hardware) driver in these builds - they hardly have big quality as they is.

Edited by Ingvarr, 29 March 2006 - 11:25 AM.

ronswens

ronswens

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is completely wrong, no part of WM5 for Typhoon stored on storage card. Probably dismount works a bit differrent, could you give us more diagnostics when it's trying to dismount Storage Card.

T-Mobile SDA, WM2005

rrunner

rrunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Sorry, I dont know how to fix leaked firmwares.
Make OS direct (sector IOCTL) disk access fully work - and it will work, that all I know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How I understand itsutl`s are using IOCTL to access directly to card.They are working with this "unofficial firmware", so could be something else.

Edited by rrunner, 29 March 2006 - 11:50 AM.

Ingvarr

Ingvarr

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
Could be. Most likely its USB Function MDD or controller then.

Edited by Ingvarr, 29 March 2006 - 11:53 AM.

boden01

boden01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:C500
Still getting problems with "Cant Switch to Mass Storage USB driver, error 1f".

If you are connected with ActiveSync and then activate WM5torage it works fine.

If you then deactivate WM5torage and exit ActiveSync will restart. Next pull the USB cable from the device disconnecting ActiveSync and try to activate WM5torage you get the error.

I have stopped all programs from running but error still persists also from this point onwards ActiveSync refuses to connect. The only way to rectify both problems is to soft reset.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users