arita99

arita99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:A701
Hi all,

I just got mine too this saturday.
So far so good. I agree that the speaker could have been a bit louder.
I use ms voice command too, but it doesn't work that well on the A701, the sound is too low to hear what the voice says. And I can't use my BT headset with it, so in a car navigating with Tomtom it's totally useless.

I have some problems though, I can't have the smart dialing function, whenever I type a number, it doesn't propose me contact names.
I also noticed the sound quality in GSM mode is bad. When I talk with the PDA (no headset, no handsfree), me and the receiver both hear a crakling/buzzing noise constantly. It's sometimes low and sometimes very audible. It's really annoying hearing that, it's like you're talking to a person next to drilling machine or something. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for your reply.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I have found the in call quality exceptionally good, so maybe you have a faulty unit?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

arita99

arita99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:A701

I have found the in call quality exceptionally good, so maybe you have a faulty unit?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe it's because of the mic gain? Can anyone tell me how to change the microphone gain? I saw this option on other PDA phone, but not in the A701.

If it's not the mic, damn it, then it must be my unit, I see no other options than to return it.

murf62

murf62

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Devices:Mio a701
People I'm calling are moaning about bad background noise. I've tried it myself and listened to it on a landline and it's not really acceptable. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted Image

bando

bando

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Mio A701
No, in fact my wife tells me I sound like I'm on a land line - perfect sound. It must have a stronger antena too because it works in a few places where my old phones did not work!

murf62

murf62

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hmm, looks like mine will be going back then. I'm on UK Orange, but have tried Vodafone too and it's the same. ;)

Posted Image

the_changing_man

the_changing_man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hmm, looks like mine will be going back then. I'm on UK Orange, but have tried Vodafone too and it's the same. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mines fuzzy in the background as well unfortunately...nothing too dramatic but i'd rather get it replaced if its not suppose to be like that...

makes the same sort of sound a PC will if it picks up a mobile signal near to it...

Another real issue is after my first voicemail notification the icon wont disappear and every time i switch it on it tells me i've new voicemail!!! ( this is after deleting all voicemails..even old ones )

murf62

murf62

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Try 'check notification' from here...

http://www.scarybear...n_overview.html

The clear notify one doesn't seem to play on WM5 but check clears all the shite out. Also fixes alarm issues, which is why I use it.

Posted Image

the_changing_man

the_changing_man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Try 'check notification' from here...

http://www.scarybear...n_overview.html

The clear notify one doesn't seem to play on WM5 but check clears all the shite out. Also fixes alarm issues, which is why I use it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any idea which ones you remove? there doesnt appear to be any pointers on their site!

murf62

murf62

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Any idea which ones you remove? there doesnt appear to be any pointers on their site!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go to options-->settings and tick the 2 boxes. Then it should show up in red the ones that will be deleted when you press clear.

I have had a problem with mine where I needed to delete one called NULL, that got the alarms working again, but this wasn't red.

Posted Image

the_changing_man

the_changing_man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Go to options-->settings and tick the 2 boxes. Then it should show up in red the ones that will be deleted when you press clear.

I have had a problem with mine where I needed to delete one called NULL, that got the alarms working again, but this wasn't red.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did have a juke for any of the files mentioned and any duplicates in red but no joy...dear knows!! There are 12 events in the list but i dont want to start deleting them in case it needs a hard reset ffs :shock:

repllog.exe, connmgr.exe, calupd.exe, calnot.exe, clocknot.exe, calendar.exe ( a few are duplicated... )

if anyone fancies some trial and error on their own...let us know :?:

jn753

jn753

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
I do find the in-call volume on the A701 a little quiet, especially in a noisy street - I seem to always be pressing the vol. buttons up to the max. and even then, it irritates a bit to think that I am about to not hear something, if you see (or hear, ahem) what I mean. In contrast to my ex-Orange C550... this was almost too loud at the max. setting.

In a quieter environment, the call quality is fine, although on balance, I think I currently prefer that of my ex-C550 (yes, that did have a mic gain issue - I always left the vol. on at least half, as if set to low, the mic started to give some kind of feedback loop given it up-gained: why this did this whilst setting the earpiece vol. setting is beyond me)

regards

gilesjuk

gilesjuk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Devices:Eten M700

I do find the in-call volume on the A701 a little quiet,

There are two sliders though, master and call volume, gotta make sure both are on full.

cooperte

cooperte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:null

I also noticed the sound quality in GSM mode is bad. When I talk with the PDA (no headset, no handsfree), me and the receiver both hear a crakling/buzzing noise constantly. It's sometimes low and sometimes very audible. It's really annoying hearing that, it's like you're talking to a person next to drilling machine or something. Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I received mine yesterday and it is exactly the same. I am on vodafone. It's really quite bad - enough that I can't wait to finish the phonecall. I guess I will have to send it back unless anyone has any ideas how to stop it?

Cheers,

Terry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users