Java on 02 exec

Guest farmgorgon

Guest farmgorgon

Hi. I've got an o2 exec. I want to access a site that runs macromedia flashplayer (a java player). IE on windows mobile 2005 doesn't support this, and won't download either run/ the flash player from the macromedia site or the opera mini browser. The flash player web page won't give me a link to download it, and the opera program will dowload,but I can't open the .msi file once I have it.

Any advice?

Are there any pda's out there that will run java web pages? the microsoft web page suggests that all windows mobile 2003 + hand sets will but my experience suggests otherwise....

thanks in advance.

FG

Guest shadamehr
Hi. I've got an o2 exec. I want to access a site that runs macromedia flashplayer (a java player). IE on windows mobile 2005 doesn't support this, and won't download either run/ the flash player from the macromedia site or the opera mini browser. The flash player web page won't give me a link to download it, and the opera program will dowload,but I can't open the .msi file once I have it.

Any advice?

Are there any pda's out there that will run java web pages? the microsoft web page suggests that all windows mobile 2003 + hand sets will but my experience suggests otherwise....

thanks in advance.

FG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Java is java...

Macromedia FlashPlayer, is exactly that - Macromedia Flash Play...

They are not, AFAIK one and the same.

Or did you mean run a special version of Macromedia FlashPlayer, that runs in java?

Guest farmgorgon
Java is java...

Macromedia FlashPlayer, is exactly that - Macromedia Flash Play...

They are not, AFAIK one and the same.

Or did you mean run a special version of Macromedia FlashPlayer, that runs in java?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest farmgorgon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, capisce. I thought that flash media player used java. I was trying to load a version called flash player light. Do you know whether my device will support java?

Fg

Guest shadamehr
Ah, capisce. I thought that flash media player used java. I was trying to load a version called flash player light. Do you know whether my device will support java?

Fg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Java - yes it SHOULD - though java is not java is java is java - by that I mean that its not always the same from device to device etc.

But Macromedia Flash... not necessarily, no.