How to configure US T-Mobile PUSH mail on any ROM

Guest pankul

Guest dleasman

Just wanted to add this...

Pankul has been having me test settings along the way to nail down the correct configuration. His steps above do work, and I have had push mail working on my phone for a few days now. Works great!

What we need now is someone to make a cab file, to put the files in and do all the registry settings. Any volunteers?

Edited by dleasman

• 7 months later...
Guest rhadsea

Pankul,

Thank you for the help. Your guide works (except for some minor things).

I actually got stuck at step #2 where you say

"2. At this point I want you to confirm 1 thing, send an email to your email account, and (f you enabled the SMS notification to your phone, you will get the NON Silent SMS) Be patient, TMO takes a good 5 mins sometimes to get it to you."

I know I can send and receive regular TXT and SMS messages. I also checked my T-Mobile wireless settings at the Wireless Configurator (http://tmobileus.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst), and my phone does have the right settings. However, I did not receive anything when I sent an email to my email account." I had the alerts Enabled in the My E-Mail screen to let me know when my email arrives, but I did not get anything as far as step #2 is concerned.

I went ahead and went through the rest of the steps. My next problem was on step #4, because I could not enter "'Order'=dword:0000000a" into Mobile Registry Editor. After a few tries (and Pankul's email) I figured out that it needed to be in decimal form, not hexadecimal form. ei. "Order=dword:10".

The rest of the steps did not give me any problems.

I now receive my email "shortly" after I get them. I only have one email account which can be accessed via POP3, but with this guide, I no longer have to 'pull' the email every 15 minutes (which is the shortest time interval allowed on the SDA or iMate SP5m. Like I said, I only have one email account, but it seems like you could have several accounts that the T-Mobile service could keep on checking for you and it'll let you know when you have new email.

I put the word shortly in quotations above because there have been a couple of times that it took between 4 to 9 minutes before my phone receives my email. However, most of the time I get my email within a couple of minutes if not within a 60 seconds.

My question now is whether having the T-Mobile My Email service giving my phone the 'Email Triggers' mean that I will be charged for these 'Triggers' that T-Mobile sends out. I know that T-Mobile says on their website that I will not be charged for the "Triggers' but I won't get my next bill for another 3 weeks. What has your experience been regarding these SMS 'Triggers'?

Thanks for all the help.

Guest rhadsea

I've had that this "tweak" on my phone for about 20 hours now. My review of the T-Mobile MyEmail service on my phone is that it is not as instant as the push email from mail2web.com.

There are times when emails do take a long amount of time to get to my phone; longer than the 15 minute polling minimum that Outlook Mobile allows you to have. So in some respects, maybe polling the mailbox every 15 minutes is actually better than waiting for T-Mobile's email triggers.

I used 'MyEmSMP.exe' to configure the email account on my phone. Requiring an SSL connection on 'send' must be unchecked to send through myemail.t-mobile.com.

Besides that, the rest of my email configuration is as follows:

Your name: My Name

E-Mail address: My email address

Automatic setup: unchecked

User Name: aaapppxxx:1

Password: ********

Domain (if necessary): blank

Checked save password

Server type: POP3

Account Name: Name of account

Network: The Internet

Incoming Server: myemail.t-mobile.com

Uncheck Require SSL connection

Outgoing server: myemail.t-mobile.com

Check Outgoing server requires authentication

Outgoing server settings: uncheck and leave everything blank

Download the following messages:

Last 7 days of email

Instead of specifying the size of the message, MyEmSMP.exe left the download size blank.

Check for messages every:

Instead of specifying a time interval to poll for messages, MyEmSMP.exe left polling interval blank.

If you don't use MyEmSMP.exe to configure the email account, what should be selection for the size of the message downloaded and the time interval for polling the mail server?

• 1 month later...
Guest badbob001

I don't have access to the rom files, but does anyone think this 'hack' would work on a wm2003se device such as my mpx220? Too bad no one made a nice cab install for those files... I do have access to the t-mobile trigger application that they made for pocketpc phones, so I'm going to see if I can get that to work on a smartphone.

Also, the password for the account... is that the password for one's account at the t-mobile website or the password for the mailbox that t-mobile is monitoring?

Edited by badbob001

• 3 months later...
Guest merwin
I don't have access to the rom files, but does anyone think this 'hack' would work on a wm2003se device such as my mpx220? Too bad no one made a nice cab install for those files... I do have access to the t-mobile trigger application that they made for pocketpc phones, so I'm going to see if I can get that to work on a smartphone.

Also, the password for the account... is that the password for one's account at the t-mobile website or the password for the mailbox that t-mobile is monitoring?

It's the password for the mailbox that T-Mobile is monitoring.

BTW, some of us have created cab installs for it :-) However, I cannot discuss this nor provide links to it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nomad33fw

Wish I had know that Tmobile was going to screw up the push mail before I upgraded. This leads me to my problem. I know by the rules of the forum that the files I need cannot be posted here but can anyone tell be where to get them? I had already updated my phone, not knowing that TM was going to screw things all up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nomad33fw

Pankul,

Is this working for you now? I managed to find an original TMO WM5 Rom and went back to that, so I could try this now. Just wanting to know if you have had succes with it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest badbob001
I don't have access to the rom files, but does anyone think this 'hack' would work on a wm2003se device such as my mpx220?

The wm5 files will not work on a wm2003 device, but here is my workaround:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1267566

There is also an app called PushEffect that will accomplish the same thing on wm6 devices but costs money.