• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jtheun

jtheun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Orange C600
I just started playing with Visual Studio 2005 and built a simple app (one form with an exit button) using C# and the Compact Framework 1. But when I deploy and run this app on my Orange C500, it takes 5-10 seconds to start up... Is this normal?

When I look at my other favorite apps like NewsBreak, they start up immediately. Should I assume that they are written in native code, using some other dev tool than Visual Studio 2005?

rogueqd

rogueqd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Nokia 6500 Slide
Yeah, when you run a .NET program the phone has to load the .NET Framework before it can run the program. C++ programs run natively.

jtheun

jtheun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Orange C600
So if I want to code a faster app, what development tool would I use? This is for a smartphone running windows mobile 5

derek_k

derek_k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:i-mate SP5

So if I want to code a faster app, what development tool would I use? This is for a smartphone running windows mobile 5

C++

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
make sure on the final deployment of the app to select release as it will speed up things.

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

Ben74

Ben74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Q

I just started playing with Visual Studio 2005 and built a simple app (one form with an exit button) using C# and the Compact Framework 1. But when I deploy and run this app on my Orange C500, it takes 5-10 seconds to start up... Is this normal?

When I look at my other favorite apps like NewsBreak, they start up immediately. Should I assume that they are written in native code, using some other dev tool than Visual Studio 2005?

you might be able to speed up your form loading my using these tips:
http://msdn.microsof...ormloadperf.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users