Rom Upgrade problem - Sorted!

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

Having just tried to run the MSFP upgrade on my Exec I got an Error on the PC saying connection to device lost, please ensure power is turned on and device is connected. Muy Exec is now as dead as a dodo...

No sign of life. it was fully charged when I started I've tried taking the battery (and SIM) out andf replacing , tried a soft reset but there ois no sign of life, no lights screen is black - nothing.

Any ideas - or have I just made myself a very expensive paperweight.

Help???

[Edit] Just re-run upgrade and it has worked - it might have seemed dead to me but obviously not to the s/ware - I now have an upgraded phone ;)

All I need now is to re-install all my software.... [/Edit]

Edited by Confucious

Guest jimbouk
Having just tried to run the MSFP upgrade on my Exec I got an Error on the PC saying connection to device lost, please ensure power is turned on and device is connected. Muy Exec is now as dead as a dodo...

No sign of life. it was fully charged when I started I've tried taking the battery (and SIM) out andf replacing , tried a soft reset but there ois no sign of life, no lights screen is black - nothing.

Any ideas - or have I just made myself a very expensive paperweight.

Help???

You need to get the device into bootloader mode and run the upgrade again.

Put it in bootloader mode by pressing Power + Light + Reset, which brings up an un-backlit screen with "Serial" at the top, and "v0.XX" at the bottom. Then run the upgrade again. But make sure the cable is securely in this time.

XDA Exec here also - just applied the update and had pretty much the same thing happen as described above. Got a blank screen at the first attempt, then put it into bootloader mode (thanks, jimbouk!), rebooted the Windows PC and tried again - and it worked.

This was after reading this thread, and so I was extremely careful to make sure that the USB cable was seated properly before doing anything. I didn't upgrade Activesync to 4.1 before doing any of this though (Activesync 4.0 isn't compatible with the new XDA Exec ROM) - I wonder if that's a factor?

Guest Confucious

I did it at work where I had 4.1 - it was only when I got home and tried to sync my contacts that I realised you now need 4.1.

I just rerun the upgrade from the blank screen - I didn't put it in bootloader mode because I read the rply telling me I had to after I'd already sorted it....