C550 in car/ pc usb charger problem - help please

Guest aty

Hi all,

I have a strange problem. I have a c550 & an i-mate sp5. I have a in-car charger. But the c550 wont charge from it but the imate will. So I swapped over the batteries same problem.

Also when I plug the c550 ito my Apple Mac it won't charge, but the i-mate will.

If I plug the them into a pc it charges both of them.

I have believe this is a registry issue, becuase the c550 would not charge when connected to the pc, then I found some info that told me to modify a registry entry to allow charge when syncing.

Anyboy know what key I need to create/modify to allow the c550 to charge from an in car charger ?l

They both charge off the mains charger.

Thanks

Guest jthspace

The 550 needs a special cable, the pins are shorted within the moulded plug. A normal USB to small USB wont work with the 550. Strange but true!

Jeff

Guest ricardo the fish

Sorry Jeff but I think your mistaken.

I use a normal USB - miniUSB cable (it came with my Digtial camera) to both charge and Sync my C550.

Also the USB cable that came with the C550 can be used on other devices with a miniUSB connection no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
The 550 needs a special cable, the pins are shorted within the moulded plug. A normal USB to small USB wont work with the 550. Strange but true!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I went out & purchased a incar charger from the Orange shop (free headset, in car holder & any phone case) for

• 4 months later...

I can use any USB cable and it works fine, as long as...

I have AS installed. Pretty wierd. I believe, that maybe AS shortens the cables inside the USB port in the coumputer. Does this sound stupid?

I've had a Motorola mpx200 before, and it would charge from everything, but SPVC550 needs an original SPV charger. I don't like this. Anybody have a clue what to do to make my tel. charge from virtualy anything?

Which cables are shortened?