*****Please remember that this will void your warranty and you must accept liability for any damage you cause*****
To change the facia you need a t6 screw driver, a small philips, and a pair of tweasers + the important case opening tool/credit card/plectrum etc
1) Remove the stylus, battery cover , battery ,sim and antenna gromet
Gently prise up the antenna cover at the corners where it would meet the battery cover with a small flat blade( it will fold up like a car bonnet!)
antenna_cover.JPG 33K 2559 downloads
2) Remove the 2 screws holding the antenna in and carefully fold it up in (from top of the phone towards the battery end , the end nearest the battery is very tight but will come out if you are carefull
antenna_board.JPG 24.77K 2029 downloads
3) Remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the phone (usb end) and then carefully prise the phone open with you plastic case opening tool or suitable alt.. starting half way down the side with the power button and around the top and down other side untill the case opens.. NOW CAREFULLY LIFT THE BACK COVER AWAY FROM THE FRONT AND NOTE THE SHORT SPEAKER CABLE, USE YOU TWEASERS TO CAREFULLY DISCONNECT IT
opencase.JPG 27.81K 1962 downloads
4) Unscrew the motherboard and switch plate , disconnect the small ribon cable to the switches
mainboard.JPG 44.65K 2208 downloads
fold the motherboard over (to expose the screen at 90deg to the screen cable) and remove the switchboard and buttons
5) The screen is just clipped and folds out from the bottom of the phone to the top
lift_screen.JPG 28.43K 1780 downloads
6) Move the vibra motor, buttons and speaker (keep the speaker in the same positon ie dont turn it! so the connectons line up) in to the new facia
speaker.JPG 23.42K 1622 downloads
7) carefully rebuild in the reverse order and test.
Just go slowly and make sure you ground your self to get the static out of you before you start and dont force anything..
and it works 100% then I put the imate rom on
m600_imate.JPG 31.39K 1564 downloads
If an admin could make this a sticky it would help other people in the future
Edited by Pondrew, 01 May 2006 - 11:04 AM.