JAM w/USA ROM-is it possible to change band from 850-900 thru ROM update?

Guest ericharlz

Guest ericharlz

im sorry if this has been discussed before but I tried to SEARCH but I guess I'm not good at searching.

So here it goes...

I got an iMate Jam from the US (Band 850/1800/1900).

1.) Is it possible to install non USA ROM like O2 Asia, Qtek or iMate WWE? Because when I tried to install the WWE version it says incompatible device (not the country error). Should I just follow the procedure from http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...icianRomUpgrade and everything will be fine?

2.) If ever that procedure will solve the problem.. will the band be changed to 900/1800/1900? (or is this a hardware thingy?).

2.a If it will not change the band, how bad will the signal be on a country that uses 900/1800?

2.b If it will change the band, will the reception be better?

Thanks

Edited by ericharlz

Guest awarner (MVP)

I have not looked into details regarding flashing the Jam, but normally the band setting is a hardware feature and not software.

Saying that though it may be possible to flash the phone with another ROM and the 900 band may be enabled but I can not find any information to back this up.

Guest ericharlz
I have not looked into details regarding flashing the Jam, but normally the band setting is a hardware feature and not software.

Saying that though it may be possible to flash the phone with another ROM and the 900 band may be enabled but I can not find any information to back this up.

Thanks mvp awarner.. I just came across a thread in another forum wherein one of the poster confirmed that he has tested it over and over with hi smt5600, but other than that I haven't read anything about the band being changed through a ROM update.