91 replies to this topic

pkiddie

pkiddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
Hi all,

It turns out that the 8310 ROM from myqtek.com seems to work flawlessly with mine which I bought from phones2udirect, for any other phones2udirect customers. Just updating it now - the 8310 ROM on Expansys didn't seem to work so thought I'd give this one a go: was about to alter the CID in desperation!

Cheers,
Paul ;)

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD, LG KU990
Hmm.

My Qtek 8310's IMEI # is invalid for all the above mentioned d/l sites as it wasn't distributed by any of these firms - it was bought last week in Zitech Computer, Frederiksberg, Copenhagen.

Weird. Anyone have any ideas about this? I'm buggered if I'm taking it to a service centre for updating :-/

Welcome to the world of The Squirrel of Destruction

mfurse

mfurse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hmm.

My Qtek 8310's IMEI # is invalid for all the above mentioned d/l sites as it wasn't distributed by any of these firms - it was bought last week in Zitech Computer, Frederiksberg, Copenhagen.

Weird. Anyone have any ideas about this? I'm buggered if I'm taking it to a service centre for updating :-/

Yes...read the original 1st post on this topic it explains how to get the Qtek 8310 roms to load on an invalid phone despite them being valid Qtek 8310 handsets.

Matt

towsto

towsto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!
I am unable to install cert.CAB, "it does not have sufficient system permissions." ;)
What to do?

mfurse

mfurse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi!
I am unable to install cert.CAB, "it does not have sufficient system permissions." ;)
What to do?

The instructions about unlocking the phone have to be followed explicitly. The error is caused by an application lock not letting uncertified software be installed. By following the instructions with the RegEditSTG tool and changing some registry keys, then rebooting the phone that error will vanish!

Matt

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Yes...read the original 1st post on this topic it explains how to get the Qtek 8310 roms to load on an invalid phone despite them being valid Qtek 8310 handsets.

Matt

Yep, done.

Now the only problem is getting a UK/NORDIC ROM with Danish; the links here only seem to point to ROMs that have swedish and/or Norwegian AFAICS.

Hmm

towsto

towsto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My mistake. I tought i was editing the registry, Total Commander, but i was┤nt. Now it works!! Thanks.

The instructions about unlocking the phone have to be followed explicitly. The error is caused by an application lock not letting uncertified software be installed. By following the instructions with the RegEditSTG tool and changing some registry keys, then rebooting the phone that error will vanish!

Matt

tamanaco

tamanaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i617 - Qtek 8310
Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

Edited by tamanaco, 05 May 2006 - 10:24 PM.

pawr

pawr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

What is your Qtek current OPERATOR version ?
(you can check it in settings->system information)

tamanaco

tamanaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

What is your Qtek current OPERATOR version ?
(you can check it in settings->system information)

OPERATOR version : 1.5.312.6

pawr

pawr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

OPERATOR version : 1.5.312.6

If you haven't try yet please check this ROM update version:

Meanwhile, this Super-CID, CID stuff is not necessary anymore. For Dangaard 8310, download from http://i.expansys.co...020900_ship.exe , start the update and that's it.
It's an official QTEK 8310 ROM-Update from qtek.fi for Dangaard customers.
English, French and German language included.

It should work with phones with 1.5.312.1 operator version... maybe it is going to be suitable for your qtek.

erp2863

erp2863

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8310
After installing this rom I cannot load the Clearvue package that came with my 8310. I get an error message during installation saying it requires a different rom. Any ideas?

tamanaco

tamanaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

After installing this rom I cannot load the Clearvue package that came with my 8310. I get an error message during installation saying it requires a different rom. Any ideas?

This is what I'm talking about. I want to upgrade using a "supported" ROM for my specific build of 8310. I was able to update the version of Clearvue that came in the CD that shipped with my 8310. I contacted Westtek, gave them the IMEI number of my 8310 and they supplied me with an updated version of the Clearvue Suite. Namely, version 2.41.387.3 at no charge. If I upgrade my phone with an usupported ROM, the CD version of Clearvue and the update will not install. My friend has a SP5 and he tried to install Clearvue, but he got the same error about requiring a different ROM. I guess the ROMs have signatures that tie them to specific operators. As far as I know, qtekcorp.com is supposed to provide support for my Qtek 8310. The IMEI of my phone is recognized by this site. The problem is that the site is fairly new and has very little content. qtekcorp.com does not have a download section or links to a where the new ROM could be downloaded. There is no mention of ROMs anywhere.

Edit: Forgot to ask... How do I save the ROM that is currently installed in my phone? You know, in case I have problems with the new one.

Edited by tamanaco, 07 May 2006 - 03:04 AM.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

If you haven't try yet please check this ROM update version:
It should work with phones with 1.5.312.1 operator version... maybe it is going to be suitable for your qtek.

Hmm, this sounds a little more encouraging :-)

I've got operator # 1.5.311.2

Anybody know if the update pawr links to will work? And are the updates for certain languages like the old SPV? It's not like I'm desperate to update - phone's working fine, more or less - but the simple fact I've ended up with a phone that can't be updated is getting on my nerves and set a challenge :-)

Cheers

Edited by Chris b.a.r.f., 07 May 2006 - 09:14 AM.

pawr

pawr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
If you have 1.5.311.2 operator version you should use this official update version: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.zip . It is posted on www.smartmobil.no and it is for phones distributed by Dangaard Norway.

I'm sure this one is right for you. Languages included are: UK English, Hungarian , French, Finnish, US English, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and Slovenian

gts

gts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

copy and paste the CID number that was collected to your PC in a text file to make sure you have a backup for whatever reason.

I've got two questions:
  • Does it really show the actual CID value stored in the phone?
  • Is it possible to restore the CID setting to the original value (after it has been changed to SuperCID)?
If the answer is positive, please post some hints on how this could be done.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

If you have 1.5.311.2 operator version you should use this official update version: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.zip . It is posted on www.smartmobil.no and it is for phones distributed by Dangaard Norway.

I'm sure this one is right for you. Languages included are: UK English, Hungarian , French, Finnish, US English, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and Slovenian

That's just great, pawr - yer a star :-) You must have eyes like a s**thouse rat, because I couldn't find this one :-)

Strange thing # 152,076: Telecare - the company which I'm told to contact for servicing according to my IMEI - seem to be owned by Dangaard; yet my IMEI still comes up as invalid on Dangaard's site. Weird ;)

I'll post here with the result of the update after I've got around to it...

--
Zom
: )

mfurse

mfurse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

This is what I'm talking about. I want to upgrade using a "supported" ROM for my specific build of 8310. I was able to update the version of Clearvue that came in the CD that shipped with my 8310. I contacted Westtek, gave them the IMEI number of my 8310 and they supplied me with an updated version of the Clearvue Suite. Namely, version 2.41.387.3 at no charge. If I upgrade my phone with an usupported ROM, the CD version of Clearvue and the update will not install. My friend has a SP5 and he tried to install Clearvue, but he got the same error about requiring a different ROM. I guess the ROMs have signatures that tie them to specific operators. As far as I know, qtekcorp.com is supposed to provide support for my Qtek 8310. The IMEI of my phone is recognized by this site. The problem is that the site is fairly new and has very little content. qtekcorp.com does not have a download section or links to a where the new ROM could be downloaded. There is no mention of ROMs anywhere.

Edit: Forgot to ask... How do I save the ROM that is currently installed in my phone? You know, in case I have problems with the new one.

I too had the CD with clearvue but had a problem that it wouldn't install on the strage card. I was given a serial no by westtek and told to get the 30 day trial from their site. I installed the trial on the phone after the upgrade to AKU2 and just put the serial in to register it - works a charm.

Matt

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

That's just great, pawr - yer a star :-) You must have eyes like a s**thouse rat, because I couldn't find this one :-)

Strange thing # 152,076: Telecare - the company which I'm told to contact for servicing according to my IMEI - seem to be owned by Dangaard; yet my IMEI still comes up as invalid on Dangaard's site. Weird ;)

I'll post here with the result of the update after I've got around to it...

--
Zom

Heh :-) Excellent stuff - worked a treat. Had a bit of a scare the first 2 times I ran the update; the PC-app crashed having restarted the phone and gone to bootloader, but 3rd time lucky :P

One little thing about the update process: it seems so old-fashioned. I was updating my son's PSP on the weekend, and that update process is just excellent. It saves all volatile data to the PSP's Memory Stick before updating then sticks it all back afterwards - really cool and a massive time-saver.

Never mind, glad it worked with the 8310 anyway. Now I can have hours of fun setting the phone up - again ;)

Thanks once again, pawr.

--
Chris

dm251x

dm251x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:blackjack II

Actually where is the Qtek8300 ROM update on the smartmobi website??? I dont see it and would appreciate nyone pointing the right direction to the Qtek8300 ROM update in English language.

HEY, I FOUND IT: THE 8300 upgrade:

http://www.smartmobi...eq=getit&lid=84

only thing is, I don't have the balls to install it because I am worried that it won't be in English. Please try and let me (and others) know if it is in English.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users