Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD, LG KU990

HEY, I FOUND IT: THE 8300 upgrade:

http://www.smartmobi...eq=getit&lid=84

only thing is, I don't have the balls to install it because I am worried that it won't be in English. Please try and let me (and others) know if it is in English.

I've just downloaded the 8310 ROM from the same site. My ROM has English, danish, swedish, finnish, slovak, norwegian and a couple more. I think that most ROM versions have english as a default.

Another thing: I can now log-in to www.qtek.dk in order to download F/W updates etc. with my (suddenly valid ;) ) IMEI number. I suppose that Dangaard mark the IMEI as active once they know that the phone's been sold on by the retailer.

So, to anyone in Denmark having trouble with an invalid IMEI #: try to register at qtek.dk a couple of times a week until they've registered your phone as active....

--
Chris
: )

Edited by Chris b.a.r.f., 12 May 2006 - 08:15 AM.

Welcome to the world of The Squirrel of Destruction

zjchaser

zjchaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
GREAT post. This worked perfectly as mine also had the invalid # problem with the upgrade, I just did this following step by step and it worked perfect, not a single hickup. Just might want to mention in the registry the its the local_machine folder

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

GREAT post. This worked perfectly as mine also had the invalid # problem with the upgrade, I just did this following step by step and it worked perfect, not a single hickup. Just might want to mention in the registry the its the local_machine folder

From the original post:

Navigate to: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\

;-)

--
Chris
: )

zjchaser

zjchaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
oops I missed the HKLM when reading through that, my bad.

jamao

jamao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:qtek 8310
Someone could tell me what languages have to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe ROM?
Is in the spanish language?

Thanks

Edited by jamao, 23 May 2006 - 09:55 AM.

RickP in AZ

RickP in AZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

In case you are still in search of a solution, I recently purchased my Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boy and just successfully applied the ROM update. I didn't have to change the CID or anything. Since it is not allowed to directly link to ROM update I can give you the file name I used:
to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe

I don't know whether this is the lastest and greatest, and I've only just completed it 10 minutes ago so now am in the process of reinstalling apps, etc. but so far it seems to have worked. New Comm Manager, changes to the default Home screen, defaults to English language, etc.

System Info now shows:
ROM version: 2.0.9.0
OPERATOR version: 2.5.312.1

Good Luck

Edited by RickP in AZ, 18 May 2006 - 06:40 PM.

RickP in AZ
Get fast, Get Safe, Get Free
http://www.getfirefox.com

Brendanmx5

Brendanmx5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:broken iphone
I have a qtek 8310 with imate firmware (rom v: 2.0.8.0).

Whats the difference from that v to the new one?

to wierd to live, to rare to die...

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

I have a qtek 8310 with imate firmware (rom v: 2.0.8.0).

Whats the difference from that v to the new one?

I'm not sure if 2.0.8.0 is the AKU2 one, but I'm running the imate 2.5.331.2 version on my 8310 and its smooth as can be. I'd recommend upgrading the firmware if you get any problems with the current one ;)

chad-r

chad-r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Cingular 2125
summary: Qtec 8310 firmware 2.0.9.0 Windows dir is read-only

I posted this to the incorrect "device specific" forum the other day and didn't get a reply, so better luck now...

I've installed the Qtec 8310 firmware 2.0.9.0 on my US T-Mobile SDA and found Windows dir is read-only. I also tried the i-mate SP5m 2.0.8.0 firmware and it too had a read-only Windows dir. I've spent much time trying to find a FAQ or post to address this, but I give up.

I wanted to remap some keys and I can't do that. I also tried to install the keylock from
the link below but it would not install. Something about system permission not ok.

http://maniac.fschre...gid,5/Itemid,3/

So is there any way to unprotect the windows directory and other any other directories?

Chad

ainz

ainz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:IMate SP3

If you have 1.5.311.2 operator version you should use this official update version: TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.zip . It is posted on www.smartmobil.no and it is for phones distributed by Dangaard Norway.

I'm sure this one is right for you. Languages included are: UK English, Hungarian , French, Finnish, US English, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish and Slovenian

Hey all. I've got an 8310 purchased from expansys.ch (Nordic version). Other ROM updates posted on this forum haven't worked, but this one ran smooth as silk.

Big props flying out to the poster of this link.

b21playa

b21playa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:c500
im looking to get a qtek 8310 again

whats aree the extra's of this rom over the previous ones?

xavierjohn22

xavierjohn22

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Climbing
after successful installation qtek 8310 ROM is apps lock? IS this for real? I cant install new cabs that are not signed? Is QTEK ROM 8310 not yet decertify? Doesnt sound like qtek or it is just me?

Wörks liké ä chärm!

fraccaro

fraccaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Mobile Internet Explorer now has far better scrolling support (pressing 2 and 8 rapid scrolls a page at a time), the comms manager is improved to allow you to switch gprs off when its not needed, it seems quicker to connect to my WLAN (like 3 secs now instead of 30+), IE now supports frames, bluetooth stack actually talks to all my friends phones now instead of bombing, media player seems a little quicker...this is all I've spotted so far.

If you'd like these things then go for it...but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A2DP Bluetooth stereo is not supported by default but can be enabled fairly easily using the attached Tornado_A2DP.zip package from XDA-Developers.com, but please note again - I am not responsbile if it doesn't work or worse - it breaks your phone!

Matt

Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Chris b.a.r.f.

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

after successful installation qtek 8310 ROM is apps lock? IS this for real? I cant install new cabs that are not signed? Is QTEK ROM 8310 not yet decertify? Doesnt sound like qtek or it is just me?

Just follow the decert routine here:

http://www.modaco.co...ow-t235408.html

The applock's always reinstated after installing a ROM upgrade.

xavierjohn22

xavierjohn22

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Climbing
yeah yeah i know, i mean by default?
Since all of their previous roms are not apps lock, when rom is installed everythings open.

Just follow the decert routine here:

http://www.modaco.co...ow-t235408.html

The applock's always reinstated after installing a ROM upgrade.

Wörks liké ä chärm!

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

No & No.

Seth Cold

Seth Cold

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
  • Twitter:@coldonline
why is the 2.6.331.2 rom from imate 2.0.8.0 ???
what are the advantages of 2.0.9.0 (qtek or imate) over this?

Viva el DIM el poderoso!!
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/coldonline
IMPROVEMENTWEAR.COM

Coolhorn

Coolhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile G1, HTC S710 (VOX)

Mobile Internet Explorer now has far better scrolling support (pressing 2 and 8 rapid scrolls a page at a time), the comms manager is improved to allow you to switch gprs off when its not needed, it seems quicker to connect to my WLAN (like 3 secs now instead of 30+), IE now supports frames, bluetooth stack actually talks to all my friends phones now instead of bombing, media player seems a little quicker...this is all I've spotted so far.

Matt

I thought I read somewhere that the memory problem with sending/receiving MMS has been improved as well...at least that's what the initial reports were when the I-mate firmware updates first came out.

That has been one of my biggest gripes with the 8310 so far...I have an unlimited messaging plan, and almost every other time I try to send or receive a picture or video message, I get the "insufficient memory to send message...please clear some memory and try again" error message. :) I have a 2 gb mini SD card, but there doesn't seem to be a way to have the MMS saved to the memory card. It also sucks to have to empty the browser cache AT LEAST once a day to improve my odds at being able to send/receive a picture message...

Back to the ROM upgrade...I have an 8310 that I bought from an Ebay seller who works for Microsoft, so I'm not really worried about "voiding" any warranties. I didn't know that I couldn't use myqtek.com until after I bought my phone and entered the IMEI number...I probably should have bought the I-mate instead, oh well.

I will try and make sure I've got everything important either backed up or saved onto the memory card before I try it.

I am currently running ROM version: 1.0.7.0 and Operator version: 1.5.312.6

I am hoping to try the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" version that seems to be working so well for posters so far...however, when I start up the Installshield Wizard, the "Read Me" file can't be found. Does anyone have that document that I could check out before I try the upgrade? Thanks!

Edited by Coolhorn, 08 June 2006 - 06:20 AM.

kamelryttarn

kamelryttarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I got my new 8310 yesterday and now Im trying to install apps on it. I try to unlock it but it wont work. I can run the regeditor just fine but when I try to change any values I can't. I have run the SDA unlock application software and it said that my phone could not be unlocked.

ROM: 2.0.9.0
OP: 2.5.321.2
Radio: 413.1.04_02.09.00

This is all I know. Do you guys have any good ideas for a newbie?

telugite

telugite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:SDA
After upgrading my t-mobile sda (USA) with qtek 8300 2.0.9.0 ROM

I am not able to some tweaks like remapping buttons and

not able to install applications like maniac's auto key lock

what should i do to be able do the ablove.

thanks for your advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users