dgpulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Qtek 8310
I am currently running
ROM version: 1.0.7.0 and
Operator version: 1.5.312.6

My phone's came with these languages build in: Nederlands, Portugues (Portugal), Italiano, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais

Do you guys know what ROM should i use to keep the same languages, Greek and English are the two that i really need in the phone.

Thnk you
Dimitris

tamanaco

tamanaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i617 - Qtek 8310

Has anyone that bought an Qtek 8310 from Mad Monkey Boys found an "official" site to download the new ROM? I was told that my "official" support site was http://www.qtekcorp.com/, but this site does not have the ROM available for download. When I enter my IMEI number the site directs me a repair shop some where in Europe. I'm in the US. I've looked at the first post, but I can not download the ROM from that site using my IMEI. Anyway, I'd like to get an officially supported ROM and install it in a way that won't void my warranty.

Anyone?

Edit: Oops... I thought I was posting in HowardForums. Well, maybe someone here knows what I should do.

I finally got a hold of a ROM that installed flawlessly in the 8310 that I bought from Mad Monkey Boy. The ROM Ver. 2.5.312.1 with the new Comm Mgr and support for push email .The file is called 8310.zip (33 MB) and can be downloaded for 7 days starting 07/06/06. Unzip and run the installation program which will guide you with the installation process. Note that the install takes a long time Approx 8 min. Be patient.

You can get the file here: http://www.yousendit...28E007754DF0A62

This file 8310.zip was placed there by the folks at Sound Solutions that apparently are the distributors of the Qtek 8310 that were sold by MMB.

I hope this helps a couple folks

Coolhorn

Coolhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile G1, HTC S710 (VOX)
I successfully used the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" file myself several weeks ago to upgrade my 8310 that I bought off Ebay from a Microsoft employee. I think that the ROM and operator versions were identical to what dgpulos has and that you listed earlier for yourself as well...

They now show up for me as ROM version 2.0.9.0 and operator version 2.5.312.1

:) Life is good...I'm glad you had success as well.

(FYI, the link you posted on HoFo is showing that the download page cannot be found...the one you posted here works)

Edited by Coolhorn, 07 July 2006 - 06:42 PM.

tamanaco

tamanaco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i617 - Qtek 8310

(FYI, the link you posted on HoFo is showing that the download page cannot be found...the one you posted here works)

Thanks... I re-posted the link in HoFo

dearsina

dearsina

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Interests:I've been around since the days of the SPV (now suffixed 'Classic'). I miss the 8+1 way joystick.
  • Devices:HTC Vox
I just tried to apply the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" upgrade to my SDA II, and it crashed at 71%. I now have a very expensive paper weight. This might seem obvious to some, but if it doesn't, don't try the upgrade with the SDA II.

Pondrew

Pondrew

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,404 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Hate to say it Dearsina but the SDA II is an HTC Hurricane and the rom you tried was for an HTC Tornado device. I'd have been amazed if the result was any different.

Awarner sacrificed his SPV C550 (HTC Hurricane) proving that it won't take a rom intended for an OMAP 850 device (in that case the WM5 XDA Phone based on the HTC Douton - closely related to the HTC Tornado). Apparently once the rom update goes wrong the bootloader is corrupted and only the attentions of a proper service centre will bring it back from its expensive paperweight state...

dgpulos

dgpulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I successfully used the "to_dan_eur_2090_253121_020900_ship.exe" file myself several weeks ago to upgrade my 8310 that I bought off Ebay from a Microsoft employee. I think that the ROM and operator versions were identical to what dgpulos has and that you listed earlier for yourself as well...

They now show up for me as ROM version 2.0.9.0 and operator version 2.5.312.1

:) Life is good...I'm glad you had success as well.

Hi there

i was reading your post and i like to find out what languages come with that 2.0.9.0 ROM. My ROM under Settings/Regional Settings/ Languages has: Nederlands, Portugues, Italian, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais. And under Regional Settings/ Locale: there are a lot versions of those languages above.

I really need the greek and english languages.

Any help will be great.
thank you

Coolhorn

Coolhorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile G1, HTC S710 (VOX)

Hi there

i was reading your post and i like to find out what languages come with that 2.0.9.0 ROM. My ROM under Settings/Regional Settings/ Languages has: Nederlands, Portugues, Italian, Espanol, Turkce, Cestina, Deutsch, Greek, US English and Francais. And under Regional Settings/ Locale: there are a lot versions of those languages above.

I really need the greek and english languages.

Any help will be great.
thank you

It appears to me that the languages are the same as yours...

There are 10 options total, in a different order than you have them listed here, but they are all included.

Hope that helps! :)

Edited by Coolhorn, 25 July 2006 - 07:47 PM.

killerost

killerost

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:Desire
After upgrading my Imate sp5m to the latest dangaard qtek 8300 firmare (2.0.9.0) my joystick, who I tought were ready for service since it was almost impossible to move down, started to work flawlessly. Is it really possible that a firmware upgrade can solve something like that?

---

killerost aka martin

dgpulos

dgpulos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

After upgrading my Imate sp5m to the latest dangaard qtek 8300 firmare (2.0.9.0) my joystick, who I tought were ready for service since it was almost impossible to move down, started to work flawlessly. Is it really possible that a firmware upgrade can solve something like that?

I hope thats true because i start having problems lately with my joystick going down as well.

WeatherB

WeatherB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Is there any way to restore the CID back to the original value?

cooldudeny

cooldudeny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:null
hi i m having a problem i was installing the new rom and it went upto like 92% when my computer showed the error program needs to be closed and since then my sda is lying dead it dont even start or anything

what should i do? or is my sda gone bad and cant be fixed please help?

batal

batal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile SDA III
Does this upgrade work for t-mobile sda. If no, how can i put qtek rom to my SDA III

xSilverFox

xSilverFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:SDA
batal - yes the QTek 8300 Rom works on the T-Mobile SDA phone.

I followed the steps outlined at http://tech.bryandavis.net/, which are based off of mfurse's Qtek 8310.

Thanks to mfurse and Bryan

(mine also looked like it locked at 93% and on the phone the progress turned to red instead of green. I waited and about 4-5 mins later it continued the upgrade)

Everything works great..

It took me awhile to reunlock the phone and find how to change the shortcut links.

The steps I took to unlock the phone.
For some reason the regeditSTG.exe file would not copy to the phone after flashing. Just a a lark I copied over the zip and then extracted it on the phone .... that worked.
next I followed the same registry steps that unlocked the phone to install the update.
This allowed me to run the SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe (not sure if needed, but did it anyway)
And now able to run unsigned apps.

To change the shortcut lnks, I used cenotepad.exe as explained at http://www.howardfor...ad.php?t=858861
yes it worked even though the windows dir is read only

The only annoyance that I have is that the carrier always show "Get More...".
If anyone how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Just wanted to give some back to those that gave to me.

Edited by xSilverFox, 12 August 2006 - 09:23 PM.

lopezpm

lopezpm

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Sports, Electronics, Dogs, Fish
  • Devices:AT&T 8525

Is there any way to restore the CID back to the original value?

I was just wondering the same thing. Does anyone know of a way?

papcm

papcm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:QTEK 8310

I hope thats true because i start having problems lately with my joystick going down as well.

I have this problem with the original ROM

QTEK 8310
miniSD 512K
ROM=1.0.7.0
Radio=4.0.13.17_01.04.00

lrbh

lrbh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch, Samsung SGH-U600

I have this problem with the original ROM

I just finished my upgrade from Vodafone's ROM to TO_DAN_NOR_2090_253112_020900_Ship.
I have the V1240 model.

It worked great! Thanks alot for this useful guide.

bkraptor

bkraptor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Orange SPV C600
Can anyone please tell me what this AKU2 that everyone keeps talking about is? Also can anyone tell me if the Imate SP5 ROM will work on an Orange SPV C600? Thanks!

neeraj

neeraj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:TMOBILE SDA II

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would create a step by step guide to help impart the process I followed to get my Qtek 8310 to run the newly released official AKU2 ROM. The upgrade initially came up with "Invalid Vendor ID" so I had to follow a few more steps from multiple forums to get around it - I have just aggregated those steps here.

This is NOT an official or guaranteed method to install your Qtek ROM - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR PROBLEMS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.

1. Get the latest ROM for the Qtek 8310 by logging in to http://www.myqtek.com to get it.

2. Reset device to manufacturer defaults before attempting to install the update - this should reduce the likelyness of problems occuring. A utility for doing this is under "Accessories > Clear Storage".
NOTE: you will lose all your data if it is not on the Storage Card.

3. Wait for the phone to rebuild to manufacturer defaults and try the Qtek ROM upgrade (see step 13 & 14).

IF you get "Invalid Vendor ID", like I did because "I'm not a brightpoint customer :blink:", then you will have to change the phone's identifier lock or 'CID'.
NOTE: Changing the CID will invalidate your warranty.

4. To change CID first get RegEditSTG.zip from the attached files link at the bottom of this post. Connect up your phone to the PC and copy the ZIP FILE not the EXE to your phone and unzip the exe on the phone.

5. Run the regeditstg exe file (once unzipped) change the following keys to APPLICATION UNLOCK your phone. This is required to be able to install the .CAB file to enable you to change the CID.

Navigate to: HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\
Click "Values" soft-key
Change "00001001" value to 1 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 2)
Change "00001005" value to 40 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 16)
Change "00001017" value to 144 (decimal) (recovery note: default is 128)
Add new value "0000101b" and assign it DWORD = 1 (decimal)
Reboot your device.

These changes now mean you can run unsigned software such as the CID changing software.

6. Download SPV-Services from here. Thanks to the guys from SPV-Developers!

7. Unzip the file on your PC. Copy the Cert.CAB file to your mobile device. Then use the phone's file manager to browse to the file and then run it. It should flash up a warning about being unsigned - just click "yes" and let it install.

8. Reboot the phone again.

9. With the phone still connected to the PC and on, run the SPV-Services.exe from the SPV-Services zip file you should have unzipped on your PC.

This will load the SPV-Services program.

NOTE: This program does not work well with IE 7 or alternative browsers, try to make sure your PC has IE6 if possible!

10. Click "CID Tool (Alpha)" on the left hand side - it will attempt to read the CID from your Phone. (Mine read it fine without issue following this method...if you have problems then try www.spv-developers.com or this Modaco forum for some help!)

Once it has, copy and paste the CID number that was collected to your PC in a text file to make sure you have a backup for whatever reason.

11. Click the "Set CID to 1111111" button and be patient. Do not switch your phone, restart your computer or unplug the phone!

Changing the CID to this SuperCID your phone able to accept the new Qtek 8310 ROM. As I have said this process will invalidate your warranty.

12. Wait for the process to complete successfully. Reboot the phone.

13. Try the ROM update again, read all the instructions carefully and do not get impatient. My Update got stuck at 93% for like 4 mins before continuing to successfully update.

14. Your Qtek 8310 will have to rebuild itself which is also a slow process but be patient and you should now be upgraded to the latest version ROM.

Hope this helps all those with the Invalid Vendor ID problem despite being paying Qtek Customers!

Matt

Hi. Does this work for UK TMOBILE SDA II as well

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Neeraj

freemans

freemans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:null

Can the A2DP package be installed without upgrading the ROM?

Should I choose to upgrade the ROM, will Sprite back-up my phone's original ROM should I want to revert to the old ROM after I upgrade?

Thanks.

As far as I know, Sprite Backup only can backup the data saved on the main memory of your device including your Personal data, third party appications and settings and also the registry. But it cannot get the access to the ROM so there is no way to back ROM of your device.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users