* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

clubbtraxx

clubbtraxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

thanks it does look llike what i am going tobe looking at changing...or i might just get a new phone when the HTC s730 arrives.

Conan,

The lil battery isn't for date/time backup

AFAIK it keeps your phone settings and for example alarm clock settings but NOT the regular date/time you are expecting.

The newer Tornado's have the same backup battery there, but also loose time and date after the main battery is removed.

So it looks like you may need to shop with another manufacturer than HTC because they all have this problem (at least 2 PDA's I have do it too)

Apart from that, the battery 'clip' is spot welded to the top of the battery so you can't even (easily) replace it anyway.

Just so you know.

Mysterious Stranger

Mysterious Stranger

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Devices:Acer dual sim thingy..

Conan,

The lil battery isn't for date/time backup

AFAIK it keeps your phone settings and for example alarm clock settings but NOT the regular date/time you are expecting.

The newer Tornado's have the same backup battery there, but also loose time and date after the main battery is removed.

So it looks like you may need to shop with another manufacturer than HTC because they all have this problem (at least 2 PDA's I have do it too)
Apart from that, the battery 'clip' is spot welded to the top of the battery so you can't even (easily) replace it anyway.

Just so you know.

I've replaced that battery many times and cured the fault on various handsets. With wm5 on the tornado, if you shut down properly, even with the faulty backup battery, settings and alarms, texts, call histories etc are preserved even if the main battery is removed. On the ones I have repaired ( 8 and counting) replacing that battery (it's a standard cell that digikey stock ) has stopped the board loosing time and date.

My Sp5m was one of the first made according to the build week, and it was one of the first I had to change it on.

M.S

marosinko26

marosinko26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:e650
perfect. I've done it without any problems and repair my keyboard.. many thanks for your manual.. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users