Upgrade from M2000 to M5000

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All, as you are all M5000 (or many of its disguises) users can any of you tell me its pros and cons, considering i'm looking at upgrading from the Orange m2000 to this phone.

Cheers in advance for any help

Shaun

Guest Confucious

Cons - it's big and expensive and you will use a lot of data.

Pros - Everything else. If you can live with the size and get T's unlimited data it is a fantastic phone that does just about everything.

Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rickyburke

its also really slow compared with the m2000! even though i do love it. there arent many programs that work 100% on the m5000 either. all in all im a bit disappointed in it, but it does do pretty much everything you want it to do!

Guest Shaunfarris

Cheers all.

I've bit the bullet and changed to the M5000.

I've stuck with Orange purely because of service and signal.

T Mobile despite there appealing tariff, do'nt actually have much 3G coverage, have almost non existant voice coverage across the south (where I travell) and refuse to inform anyone when they will be releasing more masts.

On Orange I have'nt noticed yet not having a 3G coverage, despite voice not being brilliant unless I switch to 2G.

All my software has installed and works great.

My only gripe is that I tend to miss a few calls when I pick the phone up open the lid rotate it close it read who it is calling then stick it to my ear............by the time I've done this they have either rung off or the call gets shutoff during the rotate.

Guest rickyburke

i usually open it, look whos calling, answer, then swivel the fone. u know u can also keep it closed and talk on the fone right?

Edited by rickyburke

Guest Shuflie

I've got MS voice command on mine with the patch available on xda-developers that fixes the volume level. Now I don't have to open the phone to find out who's calling, if they're in my contact list the phone just tells me.