M600 Call Screen

Guest m4rcus

Guest m4rcus

Hi,

Great phone, but making a call when it is sunny is a pita. The Text is black and the background is grey, am I missing something here to get this changed as I've looked everywhere for a setting but not found one...

Cheers,

M

Guest B@man
Go To

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin

modify the Enable from "1" to "0"

for us non power users where do we find that?

Guest b33k34
how do i edit the registry, do i need to install an editor?

yes. unless you've got an orange spvm600 since orange seem to have locked the phone so that you cant'

Guest MJPMoc
yes. unless you've got an orange spvm600 since orange seem to have locked the phone so that you cant'

Not so, that's the phone I have and I installed Resco registry editor and all worked fine. The only issue is once the phone skin is removed I seem to have lost the smart dialling options (when I type the name in it doesn't show the list of names). I assume this is part of the skin ? if so, are there other phone skins I can install ?

cheers

Matt

Guest rsearley
Not so, that's the phone I have and I installed Resco registry editor and all worked fine. The only issue is once the phone skin is removed I seem to have lost the smart dialling options (when I type the name in it doesn't show the list of names). I assume this is part of the skin ? if so, are there other phone skins I can install ?

cheers

Matt

You could also do what i have done, and that is simply edit the file \windows\Bkgnd_Port.bmp

i have modified mine in photoshop to mike it a light blue

this is the Original grey background file that orange use

Guest NiallWaller
You could also do what i have done, and that is simply edit the file \windows\Bkgnd_Port.bmp

i have modified mine in photoshop to mike it a light blue

this is the Original grey background file that orange use

How did you manage that? I've just tried and the file is read-only and I cant change that through ActiveSync and Explorer interface.

Guest rsearley
How did you manage that? I've just tried and the file is read-only and I cant change that through ActiveSync and Explorer interface.

edit the file and copy it to your storage card via activesync

use resco explorer to copy the file to windows saying yes when it asks if you wish to overwrite the existing file... then reboot

Edited by rsearley

Guest b33k34
Go To

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin

modify the Enable from "1" to "0"

Great stuff - thanks. So Orange employ a team of people to make their phone harder to use? Great value they get from them