Stylus woes

Guest Total Eclipse

Guest marcwic
Yeh back on topic!

Since I am also on my last one I was looking at THIS one yesterday which looks like a dead ringer for the original. would be good to konw if anyones bought one...

does the new stylus fix the dropping our problem? or are you all just buying them because you lost yours?

Guest adchaffey
does the new stylus fix the dropping our problem? or are you all just buying them because you lost yours?

I'm just buying them to replace the 2 i've lost now! Well in all fairness neither we're lost from actually falling out of the phone, more my stupidity! But that's not to say that the stylus holder isn't loose because it is! And the new tyluses i've bought (note they we're the cheaper of the 2 available on expansys) are even looser. I've had to resort to the cellotape trick as they won't even stay in place if i hold the phone vertically!

Edited by adchaffey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheNerd

Sorry to dig up this topic again but I have just fallen victim to losing two stylii in as many days and I'm looking for a replacement...

I saw the JAVOeEdge product which looks suitable, but I am hoping that the BoxWave Styra will be available for the Wizard soon. Anybody have any other suggestions. I'm happy using my car key at the moment but in truth I want to seal the hole left in my Vario with something that looks professional.

I definitely think the old sellotape trick will have to be adopted to avoid losing any more - How naff is that though? (A gorgeous looking device like that and a cr*ppy sellotape stylus? :) The DIY repair option looks a great way to fix the issue but I'm not risking the warranty - My mobile service provider are shifty enough without giving them an excuse to tell me any problems are all my fault!

I wonder if the stylus problems exist in the newer Hermes model?

Guest Rob.P

I can vouch for the Javoedge ones, I think they are even better than the orginals, they slide well when you need to extend them and the chrome finish makes it feel more reliable/stable/solid.

My dropping out of the slot problem is fixed now but I needed to buy more styli because the crappy bit of plastic on the end (the grey bit you pull out with), the thread snapped on both, the new replacements feel like they have no chance of doing that, proper solid build all round really.