What are the requirements for Push Email to work

Guest Shaunfarris

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

Should be recieving my Orange M5000 today, but was wondering what other requirements are required to be able to use the Push Email.

I am currently using SEVEN Alwaysonmail with my M2000 which works superbly but currently is not supported on Windows Mobile 5 (as yet, they are working on it though)

So basically if I want a personal setup at home what would I need??

Many thanks

Shaun

Guest Funster

If you don't want to bother with the setup of an Exchange server at home then you could get yourself a hosted Exchange account from someone like 4smartphone.net. They provide all the guides you need to configure your device and it works a treat. I have an account with them and their service and support so far have been excellent.

Cheers

Funster

Guest Paul (MVP)

What is your current mail setup?

4Smartphone are very good, but you need to be able to either forward your mail or in an ideal world, update the MX record for the domain you're using.

P

Guest Funster

Just want to add that 4smartphone.net don't support a catch all email account if you use your own domain. You will need to provide a list of aliases you want to use. Not a big deal really, but thought you should know.

Cheers

Guest Funster

Off topic now. But as you're in the forums Paul, could you please check your PM because last week I requested a MyIP reg code. Not had any response yet.

Cheers

Guest Confucious

exchange doesn't have a catch all. I found a program to do it but then I can't distribute to all the users on my network* - the free version just dumps everything into one account.

*all 3 of us