2 major problems with my phone

Guest whipy

Guest whipy

hi everyone, i have a MPx200 (2002 version) and i'm generally pleased with it, except for two issues:

1. the main problem i have with it is that it keeps skipping characters whenever i'm writing a text message. for example, the word 'hello' (i don't use T9) would look something like '

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest KashKhan
hi everyone, i have a MPx200 (2002 version) and i'm generally pleased with it, except for two issues:

1. the main problem i have with it is that it keeps skipping characters whenever i'm writing a text message. for example, the word 'hello' (i don't use T9) would look something like '�ellmm'. With my old nokia 3330 i could touch-type an entire text in 30 seconds; with this phone it can take me up to 4 minutes, and i have to look at the screen the entire time because of all the typing errors). I've read some other posts on these boards but couldn't find a usable solution (you can change the interval of characters, i have it at 1/2 seconds now, but this of course has nothing to do with the problem, even if you put it at 1.5 seconds the characters still skip, and if i keep a button pressed down, the symbols will loop ultrafast until i release the button again). I don't think there are any settings on the phone itself to solve this problem, i've looked everywhere. Is this problem fixable with a firmware upgrade? Because i'm seriously thinking of buying another phone if this problem can't be solved...

2. the always returning battery life problem... my phone will last 16 to 20 hours with normal usage (say 10 texts a day plus one five-minute phonecall). This means i have to recharge it every night, and if i leave the house for the night and forget my charger i won't be able to use my phone in the morning. Again, i've searched through these boards and found some answers although they almost always relate to the 2003 version of the MPx200. I've read something about switching off the GPRS symbol in the toolbar to save battery life, but i can't get it to work (for example pressing the 'hang up' symbol twice, i've read that somewhere but it doesn't do anything, the symbol is still there). It's no use going out to buy another battery because i might as well buy a whole new phone for the money it will cost me. Are there any solutions, keeping in mind that i have a 2002 version?

sorry for the long post, hope you didn't all fall asleep :rolleyes:

You also need to check if the "beam" option in your setting is on. I have faced the same type of trouble and that was due to having beam on only.

Kash