PaulF

PaulF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:SPV M600
Hi Paul - great review of the M600 - thanks

I'm getting close to upgrading my M500 to M600....

Can you answer a few questions for me?

You mention the Picture's in Contacts now (finally) sync with Outlook pictures - do they come up on screen as caller ID pictures for incoming calls?

Are there any options in the new OS for individual / group based ring tones (to play different rings for different contacts)?

If these two options are not yet in the new OS (why??????), then have Orange bundled any apps to do this (they did it with the M500, but it wasn't very good)

Do you know if the MortRing app works?

I've read that the voice control software is better with the M600 - it can now start apps. I've been using MS Voice Commander on the M500 - is it as good as that? - Is there anyway to use voice commands to open the Inbox (which you can on Voice Command) and then activate send/receive to check for emails (which is not possible with Voice Command)??

Thanks

PaulF

PeeBeeF

PeeBeeF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:JAMin
Hello Paul, thanks for yr M600 review, understood most of it as a complete beginner with PDAs. I have at last got to grips with unlocking an M600 (bought without a contract), briefly using a pay-as-you go Fresh SIM card which couldn't access the internet/email , have now reverted to Orange PAYGO and mastered most of the stuff including AutoSync which was a real pain. I found the camera button annoying, kept taking pics of my feet, so I have now disabled it and only turn it back on when I need to. My main grouse is the poor visibility of the display eg last number dialled etc, on the Phone screen, black on dark grey just about readable inside but unreadable outside - which occasionally leads to calling the wrong number - is there anyway to change this or alternative software? Newbie Martin

simonclark123

simonclark123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:SPV M500
Apparently, the answer is yes, but you will need to edit the registry - see other forums specific to htc type devices - not sure if I should mention them here.

Regards

Simon Clark
Business Telecoms

PeeBeeF

PeeBeeF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:JAMin

Hello Paul, thanks for yr M600 review, understood most of it as a complete beginner with PDAs. I have at last got to grips with unlocking an M600 (bought without a contract), briefly using a pay-as-you go Fresh SIM card which couldn't access the internet/email , have now reverted to Orange PAYGO and mastered most of the stuff including AutoSync which was a real pain. I found the camera button annoying, kept taking pics of my feet, so I have now disabled it and only turn it back on when I need to. My main grouse is the poor visibility of the display eg last number dialled etc, on the Phone screen, black on dark grey just about readable inside but unreadable outside - which occasionally leads to calling the wrong number - is there anyway to change this or alternative software? Newbie Martin

jonny1983ie

jonny1983ie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:C500 x200
Hi i got one of these phones too, but mine seams to be different. I have MSN on my startup home screen, including messenger msn web browser. All packaged under Pocket MSN. but my question is this

When i start the phone up it asks for me to choose a network for settings. All the networks listed I have never heard of before so i untick the auto configure button and press ok.

Then my phoen just sits and searches for a network for ever, no error messages or no status bars.

Have any of you got this problem?

Thanks

Jonny

Gate20

Gate20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
just a quick one, maybe i should be posting this somewhere else. Really pleased with my M600, just about to upgrade memory, what is the best 4gb option to go for???

Cheers,

Steve

SELENE

SELENE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:SPV M700

1) You can't seem to have ring and vibrate enabled at the same time, its either one or the other.

This is a major gripe for me I want to know when my phone is ringing & need both on, has anyone worked out how to do this?

Thanks

wapvirus

wapvirus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SPV M600
Thanks so much wow what a professional review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users