'Sniper!' Testing Places Full! Completely Full So Dont Even Ask!

Guest greenturtle

Guest jameshpg

Hey Ifor,

Couple of things I noticed whilst messing on the bus...

*everything below was picked up on my C600, NOT E200!!!

1) During a bluejack the scroll bar appears at the bottom if you leave it for a while as more devices are found but you can't actually scroll left or right until you press 'Stop'

2) Sometimes device names still read as horrible MAC address (thats what they remind me of) i.e O12:FE:323....

3) What is the difference between 'Badrequest' and 'InternalServerError'. Can't wait for nicer error messages!

4) Feature request : Exe installer?

5) Feature request : A sort of, My Messages place where you can add commonly sent messages so you don't have to keep on typing them out each time you want to bluejack someone

Let me know what you think,

Great news about the release btw! Well done!

James

Guest iforevans
Hey Ifor,

Couple of things I noticed whilst messing on the bus...

*everything below was picked up on my C600, NOT E200!!!

1) During a bluejack the scroll bar appears at the bottom if you leave it for a while as more devices are found but you can't actually scroll left or right until you press 'Stop'

2) Sometimes device names still read as horrible MAC address (thats what they remind me of) i.e O12:FE:323....

3) What is the difference between 'Badrequest' and 'InternalServerError'. Can't wait for nicer error messages!

4) Feature request : Exe installer?

5) Feature request : A sort of, My Messages place where you can add commonly sent messages so you don't have to keep on typing them out each time you want to bluejack someone

Let me know what you think,

Great news about the release btw! Well done!

James

Hi James,

Thanks for those. I will keep fixing stuff like this and releasing it. Those who have purchased Sniper will find that the new versions install and work with the original Reg Code :)

Cheers!

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
well i just bought my copy off to work to play now

be in touch soon 8 downloads already when i got there.

Hi conan_troutman,

Thanks for the purchase! How did the registration process go? That's the only bit I couldn't test without buying a copy myself ;-)

BTW PM me with your wife's device id ...

Thanks again ...

...Ifor

Guest conan_troutman

er there lies a bit of a problem it asks for the users name not device ID so i gave them my user name not recieved anything as of yet in which I am to give my Device ID in order to recieve a code...I think that maybe your responsibility you might get an email with my email address informing you of my purchase then you send me one asking for my ID then send it back then you send the code.

cos aint got nothing thus far.....will keep you posted though will allow a couple of days too in case of any back log or server error on their end

Guest iforevans
er there lies a bit of a problem it asks for the users name not device ID so i gave them my user name not recieved anything as of yet in which I am to give my Device ID in order to recieve a code...I think that maybe your responsibility you might get an email with my email address informing you of my purchase then you send me one asking for my ID then send it back then you send the code.

cos aint got nothing thus far.....will keep you posted though will allow a couple of days too in case of any back log or server error on their end

When you made the purchase it should've shown your your reg code right there ... did u not see one? I am going to have to change it so the reg code is not generated by them but by me ... then I can alsway make sure that the user is sending me the correct id.

if you PM me your device id and your wifes I'll PM you back with the correct reg codes. Cos I think ur Sniper will expire today.

...ifor

Guest conan_troutman
When you made the purchase it should've shown your your reg code right there ... did u not see one? I am going to have to change it so the reg code is not generated by them but by me ... then I can alsway make sure that the user is sending me the correct id.

if you PM me your device id and your wifes I'll PM you back with the correct reg codes. Cos I think ur Sniper will expire today.

...ifor

so I imput the reg code and hit register the phone goes back to the first sniper screen no confirmation it has worked or not so I select utilities and register and inthe box where I entered the code its blank so registered again

still no con firmation its worked no removel of the registration option to confirm its worked and sniper has not retained the code in the reg imput box there fore how do i know its registered do I wait 7 days and if sniper still works I know then but if it hasnt failed and I cant use sniper what in sniper can I open

ie can i still open the reg screen in seven days can i still open th about screen in case i need to get intouch with the makers....this my need looking at for future releases

Guest iforevans
so I imput the reg code and hit register the phone goes back to the first sniper screen no confirmation it has worked or not so I select utilities and register and inthe box where I entered the code its blank so registered again

still no con firmation its worked no removel of the registration option to confirm its worked and sniper has not retained the code in the reg imput box there fore how do i know its registered do I wait 7 days and if sniper still works I know then but if it hasnt failed and I cant use sniper what in sniper can I open

ie can i still open the reg screen in seven days can i still open th about screen in case i need to get intouch with the makers....this my need looking at for future releases

Yes, you're right I need to let the user know that registration suceeded or failed better. What normally happens is that when Sniper has expired all the options/menus are disabled *except* for the registration page. If you put in the right code, Sniper starts working again, if you don't it stays disabled.

I will improve the user feedback on that part.

Cheers

...Ifor

Guest nastassja

i just bought my copy from smartphone.net, they say they will email me the reg code in less than 24 hours, not sure how they'll do that if they don't know my ID..

anyway great app! :)

Guest iforevans
i just bought my copy from smartphone.net, they say they will email me the reg code in less than 24 hours, not sure how they'll do that if they don't know my ID..

anyway great app! :)

Me either! I just got an email from them telling me you had purchased. Maybe its up to me to email you and ask for your id and send you the code?

Anyway, why don't you PM me your Device id as shown on the registration page and I'll PM you your Reg Code.

Thanks for buying Sniper!

...Ifor

Guest nastassja

i'll leave you more feedback since as you say you can't check the procedure wihtout buying yourself a copy:

in the email i got confirming order:

If you have purchased software that REQUIRES a registration code

and the code is not included in this email we will e-mail

it within 24hrs.

(the code is not included in the email)

attached image shows what i saw when i downloaded the software after the order (or try to re-download). as you can see the registration code field is empty, so i guess they will send it by email.

post-170014-1150299479_thumb.jpg