MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
Taken from ISPReview.co.uk...

http://www.ispreview...lVVlFVEzERFTznP

ADSLGuide has noted a piece in The Guardian newspaper, which claims that Wanadoo is reportedly poised to launch its own take on a "free" broadband product when it merges with the Orange brand next week:

To try to stop Wanadoo's existing one million broadband and one million dial-up internet-access customers running off to TalkTalk, Orange plans to offer "free" broadband to customers who also take a mobile phone contract. They will also get a bundle of cheap fixed-line calls, including free calls to other Orange customers.

The new broadband service, backed by a huge advertising campaign, still needs the sign-off of Orange's owners France Télécom. But the company has already scheduled a major marketing push to coincide with the launch of the merged Orange/Wanadoo business on June 1, or "O-Day" as Orange has codenamed it. It also remains unclear what customers of Wanadoo who do not want a mobile package will be offered to stop them defecting.

Orange is looking to tie customers who opt for the free broadband offer into long-term contracts. The TalkTalk offer is conditional upon customers signing up for 18 months and Orange is understood to be considering two year-long contracts for its "free" broadband offer. A spokesman for Orange refused to comment.

The official announcement is due on Wednesday next week and interested surfers would be well advised not to jump on the bandwagon too quickly. There's no such thing as a free lunch and long contracts are quite frankly, evil.

[sigtracker]2480[/sigtracker]

Tech

Tech

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Devices:E200 2xC500 SP5m Vario
its just one of those things - i dont think it will work in the long term and most of the customers probably already have broadband with a BETTER company than wanadoo
they also know that they wont be selling many broadband contracts because of most customers having broadband internet

no doubt there will be caps on it - another degration of orange

http://www.spapps.co.uk

Visit the Spapps UK Forums!!!
Spapps UK Forums [new]
Spapps UK Forums alternative link
^^^ CLICK ME ^^^

Current Projects:

DAR~ling update tba*
WMP Remote** (need new ideas!!)

TV Remote codenamed meetu (postponed)
mini PC Controller codenamed mawk

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
Orange are already hideously in debt (albeit, thanks to FT) - I can't see how losing revenue completely from Wannado will benefit the company at all. Sure it'll get people tied into 2 year long Mobile contracts *shudder* but who will want that?

Personally I don't think O's customer service is good enough to put up with for 2 whole years.

MARKUKCOUK

MARKUKCOUK

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Orange are already hideously in debt (albeit, thanks to FT) - I can't see how losing revenue completely from Wannado will benefit the company at all. Sure it'll get people tied into 2 year long Mobile contracts *shudder* but who will want that?

Personally I don't think O's customer service is good enough to put up with for 2 whole years.

personally, having been with orange nearly 10 years, I think I should be entitled to free broadband with them for as long as I'm a customer! :)

[sigtracker]2480[/sigtracker]

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
The grass is greener on the other side :) :)

mrmond

mrmond

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, Linux, Guiness. Sci-Fi. <br />In any order &amp; combination you like.
  • Devices: Orange San Francisco
Please don't jump to any conclusions yet.

The newspaper reports are clutching at starwa and no details have yet been made public and won't be until next week.

Even queries to the press office office are give n the same response.

Yes there are to be new offers. Yes Wannadoo and Orange are merging to form one company.

Existing wannadoo customers are unnafected.

Other details as yet not yet released.

Monolithix

Monolithix

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts

its just one of those things - i dont think it will work in the long term and most of the customers probably already have broadband with a BETTER company than wanadoo
they also know that they wont be selling many broadband contracts because of most customers having broadband internet

no doubt there will be caps on it - another degration of orange

Incedentally after shopping around for an ADSL provider in the last month, i struggled to find _any_ withoout a cap, with some ISP's offering as little as 512MB a month!

I still exist

G1LIW

G1LIW

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)
Well, I've oredered it, anyhow - I'm currently on dialup, and a 2gb cap isn't (yet) a problem for me - by the time it is, I'll move up to an uncapped service; in any case, I'm getting it free as an existing Orange punter, and they're telling me the speed could be up to 8mbps, not the advertised 1mbps - even if my local exchange can apparently only service 2mbps, lol :)

Roll on the next "20 working days" (well, 19 now, lol) :)

Best Regards,
Roger Stenning

Posted Image

willieturnip

willieturnip

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Devices:spv m600, SE k750i, SE p900
orange dont bother fining for over usage anyway....i have this free broadband, and i download ALOT of stuff...still free :rolleyes:

i got my m600, and i gotta say....its kicks ass!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users