M600 In stock?

Guest robw

Guest robw

I have been trying to upgrade to an M600, but there seems to be a supply shortage.

Is there anyone in the UK that has stock of them?, I was told by orange today that delivery will be sometime in june :)

Guest chipchidster
I've just been told by my local Orange store that it's been discontinued!

The thing you have to understand about Orange stores generally, is that they rarely give accurate information about stock and deliveries if it is something new. I was told last year that the c500 wouldn't be available until august or september when i was looking to upgrade in June. Went with OhPoo and an mpx220 and the following week the c500's appeared in the shops. I get the feeling that they are rarely told anything by orange.

Guest markdotpeters5

Yeah it was meant tongue in cheek. They're useless, at the best of times, but so are most high street store staff. So... does anyone know of a place that's got them in stock? I want one!

Guest SteelyDan

I rang the Orange shop on Thursday last week and was told there were 20 in stock, so I signed up and ordered one, to be delivered Monday.

First problem: they won't deliver to my work address (never had any trouble with this previously with Orange).

Second problem: after chasing them up since Tuesday I am now told they are out of stock and have been since Wednesday of last week.

Think I'm gonna cancel the order if this is how things are going to be from the start.

I've seen a Jamin on Expansys with an O2 contract but it only has 100 texts with it. Does anyone know of anywhere offering similar deals? Also, would the fact that I am currently an O2 customer affect signing up for that one?

Guest Zahid

Phoned Orange CS yesterday becuase my C500 had an answerphone message indicator problem. Got that sorted so asked about the M600 and whether they have it in stock now. The advisor said that there is a delay due to a software issue that has been identified :)

Not the first time I've been advised incorrectly by customer services I thought to myself.

I telephoned the Orange shop local(ish) to me ( the one in my town, or the next town never answer their phones), and was again told non in stock, but was told again there was a problem with the phone hence the delay.

I reckon the real reason is that they didn't anticipate the numbers of units that would sell, and so didn't order enough in the first place.

Guest skaramanga

I had basically ordered my upgrade m600 on the website, confirmation mails and all sent, then I got a text to tell me that it's out of stock!

Guest SteelyDan
You could cheat and port your number out to PAYG then port it back in. Works if you go o2 -> o2 PAYG -> o2

Kimbie

Never thought of that, cheers!

Guest hennapod

I've been told (yesterday) that the M600 will be in stock from Monday. I'm getting a free upgrade from my M2000 which is on a

Guest markdotpeters5

I dont suppose you got the name and department of the person that told you that?!?

I phoned earlier today to exchange my POS N80 for an M600 and I was told at least 10 days :)

Guest ovinjo

just been on to cs and ordered my m600. It is back in stock as of 5 minutes ago - I was on hold for 30mins though - the broadband offer is really kicking in.

Guest markdotpeters5

GOD!!!! Orange really know how to wind me up! After saying they'd swap the N80 out for the (less expensive) M600, they now won't, and insist that I have to send the N80 back, then get a new contract with the M600, meaning changing my number TWO MORE TIMES.

*sob* Why can't they just change it over, and let me keep my number ffs? they'd even make more money that way!

Guest mattpayne
just been on to cs and ordered my m600. It is back in stock as of 5 minutes ago - I was on hold for 30mins though - the broadband offer is really kicking in.

:) I just called Orange CS, spoke to 'Mags' and the phone is still out of stock!! did anyone else get through and order one?

Guest mattpayne
What? They told me they have over 400 in stock last night!

do you have any idea who you spoke to???? :) im really itching to get my hands on one!!!! :)

update... just called CS again... aparantly they were instock last night, but not many... and sold out by morning... :D

if anyone knows any better... please post up here!!! ;)

im so tempted to go t-mobile web and walk... shame the handset isnt available on there!!!

Edited by mattpayne

Guest sharkfinger
do you have any idea who you spoke to???? :) im really itching to get my hands on one!!!! :)

update... just called CS again... aparantly they were instock last night, but not many... and sold out by morning... :D

if anyone knows any better... please post up here!!! ;)

Have a look on the Orange website it shows its instock... I phoned up at 08:15 this morning to be told its not in stock but when i asked why did the web show it was they said they didn't know !!!

So i ordered one from the website and it will arrive tomorrow !!! ( fingers crossed )

Cheers

Sharkfinger

Guest alcaponeuk

I received a call from OCS at lunchtime saying that it was now in stock and did I still want one :)

They did promise that they'd phone me once it was available as I have been waiting for about a month now. So hopefully i'll have it by tomorrow :)

[edit]

OCS explained to me that they are only giving them out to people who have been waiting on their "list", so if you are not on it I'd suggest phoning up and making sure that they pass your details to some customer relations team.

Edited by alcaponeuk

Guest hennapod
Have a look on the Orange website it shows its instock... I phoned up at 08:15 this morning to be told its not in stock but when i asked why did the web show it was they said they didn't know !!!

So i ordered one from the website and it will arrive tomorrow !!! ( fingers crossed )

Cheers

Sharkfinger

Where does it say it's instock? I've just had a look but it's out of stock.

Can't remember who I spoke to when I was told they were coming in on Monday. If there were 400 last night and I still didn't get one, then how long must the waiting list be?!

Guest sharkfinger
Where does it say it's instock? I've just had a look but it's out of stock.

Can't remember who I spoke to when I was told they were coming in on Monday. If there were 400 last night and I still didn't get one, then how long must the waiting list be?!

I was not on a waiting list just, noticed it instock this morning and ordered one about 08:15 then got my txt message saying it will delivered between 09:00 and 17:30 on the 09/06/2006 !!!

I have just had a look on the Orange "upgrade" page and its out of stock again.

Cheers

Sharkfinger

Guest Eriktheviking

:) :) im well not happy at the minute. my m600 has a fault with the speaker so orange gave me a fault code to exchange it but as i upgraded from orange retail they wont cover me on my insurance and have to swap it instore. i reported the fault within 28 days so im ok for a full refund if i want.

This was 4 bloody weeks ago!!! there are no other m600s available in the whole of yorkshire to get a replacement.

Anyone know when the m3100 is out? by law if there isnt anything in stock by then i should be able to get that.