M600 In stock?

Guest robw

Guest Zahid
Zahid,

Thats what I was doing. Just go straight through to disconnections and get them to work you out a deal. If they are not in stock they will phone you when they are. Upgrades wont add you to a waiting list. The phones were out of stock when I called but I got a call less than 24 hours later to say they had one for me.

As I undestand it, they are only getting a few in everyday and these go straight to those on the disconnections list (maybe), this means they will never be listed in stock because they are not on the shelves long enough.

Hope this helps,

H

I did get one from disconnections but returned it as it was faulty. Been trying to upgrade again since. Spoke to disconnections today (who gave me a deal on my line rental when they upgraded me to the faulty M600) and simply said you'll get your PAC code in the post if you want it :)

Spoke to customer services tonight to get my C500 replaced under care and asked about the M600 stock. She spoke to Upgrades then came back and said they now have a waiting list for the phone and I'll get a call/text when it's in stock again.

Guest teefaf

I currently have an M500, and my contract expires at the end of July. There are some wicked half-price line rental deals going on new connections, so I'm wondering if the whole cancel contract to switch to PAYG, then port the number on to my new contract thingy will work with Orange?

Has anyone actually done this? How long did the whole process take? Do I need to wait till my contract has expired before starting the whole process? Would there be any penalties for initiating the process before my contract expired?

Many thanks for help with my queries, and good luck to everybody with trying to hold of one of these babies! :)

Guest mavisdavis
I currently have an M500, and my contract expires at the end of July. There are some wicked half-price line rental deals going on new connections, so I'm wondering if the whole cancel contract to switch to PAYG, then port the number on to my new contract thingy will work with Orange?

Has anyone actually done this? How long did the whole process take? Do I need to wait till my contract has expired before starting the whole process? Would there be any penalties for initiating the process before my contract expired?

Many thanks for help with my queries, and good luck to everybody with trying to hold of one of these babies! :)

It usually take around 24 hrs for your number to be ported from PAYG to contract so I assume the same applies to the reverse.

As for your contract running out in July mine expires in Oct and It was gonna cost me

Guest hennapod

I've just phoned up and been told that they're in stock - through Upgrades, not Disconnections.

However, despite being told previously that I could get it for free, I've now been told that it'll be

Guest teefaf

Mavisdavis, many thanks for the advice. Was advised today to maybe try again once my contract has actually expired, as they have more flexibility then with regards to discounts etc. And I'm so glad I'll be able to keep my number by switching to PAYG then porting it across!

Problem is though, not sure how long this deal I'm look at is going to be available... free M600 with Raccoon

Guest maxwell_hung
I've just phoned up and been told that they're in stock - through Upgrades, not Disconnections.

However, despite being told previously that I could get it for free, I've now been told that it'll be

Guest Muzza

I phoned on friday, was told it is waiting list only.

Because I don't spend much they wouldn't budge on the price at all.

The salesperson did say I could port my number out to PAYG and back in to get a better deal, however, as the phone is not in stock, its pointless.

I get a better signal on O2 in the places where I frequent so its goodbye Orange!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moosemoose

I have news! The ever helpful guys at eXpansys.com helped me get one, delivered yesterday morning, free Orange upgrade :)

I phoned them the day after my previous post and they had one in, but because I hadn't paid my bill I couldn't get it. They apologised for the situation (despite it not being their fault) and promised to ring me the minute they got more stock.

Well, on Tuesday they rang me to say they'd got 6 more in, and had tried to order it already for me (but my next bill was now outstanding!), so I paid up over the phone to Orange Customer Service and eXpansys, without even phoning me back to see if I'd paid the bill, dropped me an email to say it had been sent out.

After a month and a bit Orange never came through, but, as I have been for years, I'm extatic with the service from eXpansys.

Oh, and they still have one or two in stock (http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=133300). Their contract stock can be used for upgrades, and if you'd been offered the M600 free by Orange, eXpansys will do the same deal.

And get it out next day.

:)

Guest dessievalley

I got my SPV, but have decided to send it back. At first I like the idea of having a PDA and phone in one, but have decided it's just too inpractical.

The first thing is even the M600, although smaller than most, is just a little too big.

Second, as a phone, I just don't think it cuts it. I quite liked being able to answer calls, send text messages and make calls one handed, and with this hand set, it's just not possible.

Of course, this is just my own personal opinion and I was aware that there was some donwside to having a PDA phone. Some will not find these a problem.

So I'm going back to my Nokia 6230i and iPaq 2210.

Second, as a phone, I just don't think it cuts it. I quite liked being able to answer calls, send text messages and make calls one handed, and with this hand set, it's just not possible.

Ummm actually it is...granted sending SMS one handed is not easy unless you have the phone pad selected as your default input method but all three you mention are doable one handed. Still like you say some people like different things about the M600. For me the reduced phone usability is more than made up for bythe other functionality of the 'pda'. You get used to the size.