T-Mobile Or O2

Guest nevawlkalone

Guest nevawlkalone

With the (hopefully soon) upcoming release of the HTC Hermes on O2 and T-Mobile, who will you be getting it with or who are you already with and why?

Just a little inquiry as i am currently a O2 PAYG customer and have no problems with them...i get free minutes texts etc every month blah blah blah

BUT people i speak to keep saying not to get a contract with them as T-Mobile are better...personally i cant see how as they look fairly close.

Who are you with and what swayed you?

Guest Madeye

I'm on o2 online 100 (texter option), It gives 150 anytime cross network minutes, 750 text messages (or 185 mms messages, or a mix of both) for £25 per month. I then got the browse and download 4mb add on for £5 and the gold insurance for £4.99 per month. So in total I have:

150 mins

750 texts

4mb gprs

gold insurance (theft / accidental damage etc)

Guest nevawlkalone
I'm on o2 online 100 (texter option), It gives 150 anytime cross network minutes, 750 text messages (or 185 mms messages, or a mix of both) for £25 per month. I then got the browse and download 4mb add on for £5 and the gold insurance for £4.99 per month. So in total I have:

150 mins

750 texts

4mb gprs

gold insurance (theft / accidental damage etc)

Guest nevawlkalone
I've also had DirectPush (12 hours/day, 5 days/week) and hourly email downloads, football updates, weather updates and loads of other stuff all over GPRS. This month I used a puny 25Mb! (must try harder!)

Is that puhing from an exchange server...n are you going to up the usage to seven days aweek? I just interested in the usage etc!

Guest nevawlkalone
I'm a very heavy user - when I was on Orange Staff tariff (1ppm calls, 1p txts) I was still getting bills upto

Guest chucky.egg
Is that puhing from an exchange server...n are you going to up the usage to seven days aweek? I just interested in the usage etc!

"Yes", that's using a corporate Exchange server, and "No" I'm not planning to go 7 days a week because my phone will annoy the hell out of me all weekend!

Something odd going on here though, and I'm not sure what

My "Latest Bill" screen (dated 26/05/06) is showing 23235Kb (~24Mb)

But when I look at my "Mobile Data Usage" it's showing 84969Kb (~85Mb) since the 25th May.

SPB Weather is showing 125227Kb (~126Mb) of data in the last 30 days

Aside from the "fact" that I've quadrupled my usage over the last week (which I can't believe is true), the numbers dont add up:

25Mb + 85Mb = 110Mb

SPB Weather alone says I've used 125Mb

I'm not sure that the T-Mobile system is reporting the right figures. I may put GPRS Monitor on and track it from my end to see what happens.

Guest Confucious

The Hermes has 3G - with 3G you can use a lot more data as it makes browsing the web a pleasure rather than a chore. I used about 85Mb last month on my Universal and that was before I had Push email.

Also with Flext if you use less minutes you can use more texts so on Flext30 you could use no minutes and 900 texts wheras with O2 if you use 751 texts you will get charged for the extra text regardless of if you've used your minuts.

Another thing to bare in mind is that O2's 3G coverage is not that good - but on that subject, be sure to check covearage of both in the areas you'll want to use it

Guest nevawlkalone
Also with Flext if you use less minutes you can use more texts so on Flext30 you could use no minutes and 900 texts

So what your sayin is...with the above 301 texts and 150 mins...

If i use 351 texts i will only have 100 mins?

Sweeeeeet

Guest chucky.egg

Er, not quite because the price of voice and SMS aren't the same

On Flext30 with 351 texts you get 275 minutes of voice

Have a look at this Flext Tariff Slider-thingy

Pick the tariff and drag the little Voice, SMS and MMS sliders to see how it works.

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest nevawlkalone
Er, not quite because the price of voice and SMS aren't the same

On Flext30 with 351 texts you get 275 minutes of voice

Have a look at this Flext Tariff Slider-thingy

Pick the tariff and drag the little Voice, SMS and MMS sliders to see how it works.

Ah ryt...i misunderstood...i thought it changed respectively...

Yeah i done all the slidery thingy...thats how i got the 351 txts 150 mins :)

THanks foe ya help though!

Guest sporkguy
Neither - they're as bad as each other IME... :)

Please elaborate.

If you're going to come into a thread and come out with a completely different answer to what the poster asked for, then the least you can do is explain as to your hatred for these networks :)

Guest oink1
Please elaborate.

If you're going to come into a thread and come out with a completely different answer to what the poster asked for, then the least you can do is explain as to your hatred for these networks ;)

In my experience - o2 suck as a network provider, from coverage to CS... T-Mobile used to do things like limit my account when the bill reached

Edited by oink1

Guest 25419

orange...

240 xnet

120 landline

1000 text

magic number every 6 months (60mins for 1min six times a day!)

free answer phone

free insurance

and FREE 8mb broadband!

every month

all for

Guest Fleabag

Oink, that's a credit limit. A mobile phone account is just like a credit card, based on your credit rating and payment history you get set a limit - which is quite understandable from a company point of view I think.

Back on thread subject, I'd have to say T-Mobile (OK I admit it I am biased, but I genuinely think you'd get a better deal). Before I worked for T-Mobile I was O2 for life, I'd never even considered another network as all the other alternatives looked crap. Well I switched - and never looked back, much better service - plus I don't have to pay 50p/min to get through to an advisor that would be useless like with the O2 online deals. With the release of Flext and WNW I think there's no alternative.

I'm on Flext 75 with WNW, I can use my phone as much as I like and never go over the bill. The Mrs can't go over Flext 35 and she never shuts up!

And at the moment you actually get

Edited by Fleabag