Unlimited GPRS for

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Guest MARKUKCOUK

well I'd put my orange contract down to minimum and not use it basically.

If they still pricematch with OVP then the cheapest used to be

Guest MARKUKCOUK
well I'd put my orange contract down to minimum and not use it basically.

If they still pricematch with OVP then the cheapest used to be

Guest the_ape

I've already defected to T-Mobile. I rang up to get the PAC and the rep said I could have the phone for nowt, they would match the T-Mobile Flext tarrif, and he would give me 1Gb free for 3 months, but as I use around 800mb a month it does not really cut it.

The W&WPro stuff is a godsend gives me data connectivity at up to 350Kb anywhere.....

I like Orange (with them for 8 years or so), but unless they sort out there data packages people are going to walk, both mine and my wife's are now on T-Mobile...... She loves e-mail on the move :)

Oh yeah, I've been streaming Radio1 over the data (GPRS/3G) using Real1 and it's not bad. They have not asked me to cease and desist either yet, so who know's. Perhaps it's only if you take the michael......

Edited by the_ape

I've already defected to T-Mobile. I rang up to get the PAC and the rep said I could have the phone for nowt, they would match the T-Mobile Flext tarrif, and he would give me 1Gb free for 3 months, but as I use around 800mb a month it does not really cut it.

The W&WPro stuff is a godsend gives me data connectivity at up to 350Kb anywhere.....

I like Orange (with them for 8 years or so), but unless they sort out there data packages people are going to walk, both mine and my wife's are now on T-Mobile...... She loves e-mail on the move :)

Oh yeah, I've been streaming Radio1 over the data (GPRS/3G) using Real1 and it's not bad. They have not asked me to cease and desist either yet, so who know's. Perhaps it's only if you take the michael......

still debating whether it is worth the move... currently on 750xnet minutes anytime and 240 texts/month for

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hey guys I got an email from Orange about this offer so I opened the page...

Link from email

If you scroll the the bottom it says...

terms and conditions apply

* Sorry, this text service is unavailable on all Orange SPV phones, the PalmOne Treo and the LG U8150.

** Subject 1GB fair usage policy for PAYM and 15MB for PAYG

So anyone signing up for this check with the representative.

Guest pd.ryder

The OCS rep gladly signed me up knowing full well I had an SPVC550. So far, I've had no problems - billing day will arrive shortly so I'll see what happens then.....:)

EDIT: Having read the info on the link posted, I reckon it's the "247" text link that's not available to SPV and Treo users.

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Hey guys I got an email from Orange about this offer so I opened the page...

Link from email

If you scroll the the bottom it says...

terms and conditions apply

* Sorry, this text service is unavailable on all Orange SPV phones, the PalmOne Treo and the LG U8150.

** Subject 1GB fair usage policy for PAYM and 15MB for PAYG

So anyone signing up for this check with the representative.

You should read your post :)

The TEXT service is unavailable, but the rest is. In fact, the text service does work, but the wallpaper they are supposed to send, does NOT work.

Guest pd.ryder

Right-o. I've now had a text from O to say my 'package is now in place'. As far as I was concerned it was 'in place' right away. The text included a link to my 'free wallpaper' which led me to a page on Orange World which couldn't identify me and advised I refresh or try later. Neither has worked and they still can't identify me.

However, no sooner had I received this text, I was off to browse Orange World and check out Frank Lampard's diary. Same problem - the system won't recognise my device's id and won't allow access to any decent ( :) ) content.

All was well before they acknowledged the package. I still have web access to other sites etc but O's systems seem to be having some 'bovver' :)

Guest Pondrew
Right-o. I've now had a text from O to say my 'package is now in place'. As far as I was concerned it was 'in place' right away. The text included a link to my 'free wallpaper' which led me to a page on Orange World which couldn't identify me and advised I refresh or try later. Neither has worked and they still can't identify me.

However, no sooner had I received this text, I was off to browse Orange World and check out Frank Lampard's diary. Same problem - the system won't recognise my device's id and won't allow access to any decent ( :) ) content.

All was well before they acknowledged the package. I still have web access to other sites etc but O's systems seem to be having some 'bovver' :)

Uh oh. Is this evidence of incompatibility with the SPV range? Would explain the small print saying not for SPVs...

Guest pd.ryder

Posting my post ( :) ) gave me the incentive to try again. It's let me in now. I've d/l my free wallpaper (it doesn't fit!) and some lovely scratchy vid of Crouch sounding off with the usual footie anecdotes.

So it does work with the SPV's - and oooo what quality!!

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Good stuff :)

Don't panic, having listened to radio in the car for 2 days via GPRS, the orange text slightly scared me!

I rung up though and confirmed over and over that I would NOT be charged for it. Also made sure it was put on my account that I checked this!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest button-wales

I had the same problem with Orange not recognizing me in certain areas of the site, then I figured out the problem, in Data Connections in Settings, my internet connection was Automatic (for pass though the PC connection), so I changed this to Orange GPRS when using Orange World and presto, it now recognizes me.

Guest pd.ryder
I had the same problem with Orange not recognizing me in certain areas of the site, then I figured out the problem, in Data Connections in Settings, my internet connection was Automatic (for pass though the PC connection), so I changed this to Orange GPRS when using Orange World and presto, it now recognizes me.
It seems I didn't need to get so 'hands on' with it. More likely to have been their servers catching up with the onslaught of demand :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.