Sniper

Guest greenturtle

Guest iforevans
only problem with user id is the pirates will be able to crack it very easy , device code probably was more secure

I am *fully* aware of this :-(

But waddya gonna do? MobiHand.com told me that they are about to discontinue Author generated reg codes, it has be dynamic and it has to be based on Owner name.

Handango simply will not sell it using the device id as the id. Full-stop. It has to be owner name.

Smartphone.net, i had to kludge it as they ask for the owner name even if you tell them its the device id. Means I can't take a few days off without worrying about some poor soul who vought it and doesn't get his reg code in a timely fashion. That would hack me off.

:)

...Ifor

Guest peekie

is there no way like some softwares where the code is sent to the buyer by the company who make it vito do that for an example maybe thats an option :)

Guest iforevans
is there no way like some softwares where the code is sent to the buyer by the company who make it vito do that for an example maybe thats an option :)

That's the one they are discontinuing.

Guest peekie

sounds like the software sellers seem not to be for the developer , i cant see why they say the developer cannot control the codes seing as nearly all the software gets cracked nowadays , seems a backwards move and will not help in the fight against crime :)

Guest iforevans
sounds like the software sellers seem not to be for the developer , i cant see why they say the developer cannot control the codes seing as nearly all the software gets cracked nowadays , seems a backwards move and will not help in the fight against crime :)

Its driving me nuts mate. Goes against every instinct to make it less secure than I can possibly make it ;)

Keeps the smaller develops out of the game I would guess. If Sniper gets ripped off, where's my incentive to keep building biggger and better versions?

I'm not microsoft :)

...Ifor

Guest ericvuong

hey ifor,, thanks for the hardwork, ,im thinking of buying it, but is there any trials? i heard somewhere in ur post that u said there is a 7-day trial.. but i downloaded it in modaco , and when i first launch it,, it said,its expired, normal?

Guest conan_troutman

what about user ID and say Email address I have lots od programs like oxios todo list where I ahve to not only imput my reg code that was generated by my User ID but I have to use the email address that is in the owners iformqation box

can be quite annoying though getting the right code as I buy every thing with my personal email address which is richardsprint@???????>???

but in the owner informatin on my smatphone I have my public adress

[email protected]

so I often have to contact the developers of 90% of all software I buy to have the two emails switched often cousing a second reg code to be generated.

the only people who refused me the chance to change were the makers of power calendar and power tasks

they also are making no more up dates for the version I bought which is now 9 months old but they wont offer a free upgrade as the next release is 2.* so they say I have o buy the poorest customer service ever

so do no buy anything buy developerone.

man that went a bit off track

just read the first 2 paragraphs

Guest leethacker
only problem with user id is the pirates will be able to crack it very easy , device code probably was more secure
The problem is that no matter what ID you use, such windows mobile programs can always be cracked easily. :) Normally these cracker guys just buy a full version, register it ... then the program does modify a registry entry or file so that a flag is set that its a full version ... and then the crackers just search for this file and upload it somewhere on a warez site. Then download demo, put that "cracked" file into the folder of the program ... enjoy ... its always the same crap with these crackers. :)

I am pretty sure that if Sniper is a huge success it will be on the warez sites pretty soon, no matter what you do against it. All you can do is to constantly improve it or make their lifes a bit harder so that they cant offer new versions fast after you do it. But you can never stop piracy. At least not with Windows Mobile 5. ;)

Guest ccsnet
The problem is that no matter what ID you use, such windows mobile programs can always be cracked easily. :) Normally these cracker guys just buy a full version, register it ... then the program does modify a registry entry or file so that a flag is set that its a full version ... and then the crackers just search for this file and upload it somewhere on a warez site. Then download demo, put that "cracked" file into the folder of the program ... enjoy ... its always the same crap with these crackers. :)

I am pretty sure that if Sniper is a huge success it will be on the warez sites pretty soon, no matter what you do against it. All you can do is to constantly improve it or make their lifes a bit harder so that they cant offer new versions fast after you do it. But you can never stop piracy. At least not with Windows Mobile 5. ;)

Zorro at http://www.phoco.net/ ( anther cool app that works with my phone ) had the same problem with been hacked. The latest version ties to the processor sn be even then that did not stop them and as a result he has pulled public sales of his app and is looking for resellers.

A big shame as he put so much work in and it was a usful app just like Sniper. I think the point I'm trying to make is be aware and accepting that this may happern ( I did not say it was right btw ) and just keep it improving so one hack does not fit all ( like Winzip ).

Another way of looking at it like Leethacker said - only the good apps get this treatment for which at the very least pat your self on the back for.

Terran

Guest iforevans

Guys,

I have found an issue with the 1.0.157 release of Sniper. Only on some devices, it will report itself as expired rather than give a trial period.

I'll be putting up a fix with in the hour on ModoCo and Smartphone.net.

Sorry :)

...ifor

Guest oz666

Hello Ifor. I'm want to buy sniper from smartphone.net but this is what i get:

Could not authorize this card. Please make sure that the billing address and Card Identification Number that you have selected matches what is on file with credit card issuer.
I am from Romania and my credit card is Visa Electron. Can I use this type of credit card?

Guest iforevans
Guys,

I have found an issue with the 1.0.157 release of Sniper. Only on some devices, it will report itself as expired rather than give a trial period.

I'll be putting up a fix with in the hour on ModoCo and Smartphone.net.

Sorry :)

...ifor

Ok, the new version is up on MoDoCo and on Smartphone.net.

This version should give a three day trial period properly now on *all* devices. Sorry to all those people who downloaded it and couldn't get a trial.

*phew*

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
Hello Ifor. I'm want to buy sniper from smartphone.net but this is what i get: I am from Romania and my credit card is Visa Electron. Can I use this type of credit card?

I'm not sure, you would need to ask Smartphone.net.

But you could also try it here on madaco

http://fairdeal.modaco.com/homeSoftware.as...niper&submit=Go

Let me know if that works for you.

...Ifor

Guest nastassja

this new version is still x.157 or does it have new features/fixes?

i guess we don't need to reinstall if have succesfully registered it.

regards.

Guest iforevans
this new version is still x.157 or does it have new features/fixes?

i guess we don't need to reinstall if have succesfully registered it.

regards.

Where are you still seeing 1.0.157? When I look it say 1.0.160.

Did u download it and it still said 1.0.157?

Hmm, it might be because, MobiHand say it may take up to 4 hours for their system to propagate the new download files.

Seems to be the same on Smartphone.net

...Ifor

Edited by iforevans

Guest iforevans
ifor I sent you an email for an new reg code did you get it or should I pm you with my user names....?

Hi mate,

I sent them it back about four hours ago? Did u not get them?

Hang on, I'll PM them to you.

...Ifor

Guest iforevans
nope but My com is playing upp think shes mad cos I is put in a wireless router so I can have wifi in the house

Can u PM me with the two owner ids?

Cheers

...ifor

Guest conan_troutman

I went online and got it direct from the server dont know why my incredimail didnt bring it in for me....thanks any way got the lataest one running too over a 1000 downloads is it?

Guest iforevans
I went online and got it direct from the server dont know why my incredimail didnt bring it in for me....thanks any way got the lataest one running too over a 1000 downloads is it?

Yeah :) and Sniper is top of the New & Hot List by quite a way ...

[Polishes nails smugly]

Guest Griff_FFOC

Can someone check if this is a bug please?

If I close Sniper via the "options, exit" menu, then I can re-run Sniper later without problems.

If I have it running and press Home, then kill it off using Task Manager (as I often do) then I can't run it again. The phone just sits on the start menu when I try to run it. A restart of the phone and it will then run again.

Tried on a C600 with no app unlock or sim unlock.

Edited by Griff_FFOC