Pixie Hunt: Cameraphone Scavenger Hunt

Guest sporkguy

Guest sporkguy
PixieHuntBlog_thm.jpg
A couple of years ago, some friends of mine invited me along on their scavenger hunt. We buzzed around town in teams collecting photos of ourselves performing various fun and bizarre acts (e.g., "take a photo of your team making a human pyramid with a stranger", "take a photo of your team with the Fremont Troll") and generally making a ruckus. We had a ball and occasionally crossed paths with the other teams, but I kept thinking that it would be fun to be able to see what pictures the other teams were taking and banter back and forth during the game. And so Pixie Hunt was born. Pixie Hunt is a mash up prototype a few of us here at Microsoft put together that creates a mobile, connected scavenger hunt game.

Read more about it on the link below :)

It hasn't gone public yet, as it is still a prototype - but Jordan states on his blog that as soon as it's ready he will more than likely release it as a free download from his blog.

Stay tuned for updates from us when its ready!

[Source]

Guest sporkguy

Yeah that black theme does look pretty nice. I've tried to get the same colour with the 'basehue' app but closest I can get is a dark grey colour.

I just wish there was a theme creation app for Mac OS!

Guest nausea

Thats a really cool idea! I've seen scav hunts where they use cell phones to take pics of the task here in Toronto. Should be popular in areas with unlimited data and txt plans at reasonable prices.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.