Changed housing, now nothing works!

Guest shad0walker5

Guest shad0walker5

A few days ago I changed the housing on my MPx220 from the regular silver housing to the black. At first everything worked fine but then I noticed that the outside LCD screen was upside down, or at least everything on it was. So I took the over off and did some rewiring, thinking that was the problem. Now NOTHING works! The WHOLE PHONE won't even power up! I'm going NUTS! I tried totally undoing the whole thing and redoing it. I've tried everything! My only idea is that it could be the flex wire for the LCD screens. I noticed that it was coming apart. Could that be the couplret or could it be something more? Any suggestion cause I'm going nuts without my phone!!!! I love my phone!!!!

HELP!!!!! :)

Guest fluffcat1
A few days ago I changed the housing on my MPx220 from the regular silver housing to the black. At first everything worked fine but then I noticed that the outside LCD screen was upside down, or at least everything on it was. So I took the over off and did some rewiring, thinking that was the problem. Now NOTHING works! The WHOLE PHONE won't even power up! I'm going NUTS! I tried totally undoing the whole thing and redoing it. I've tried everything! My only idea is that it could be the flex wire for the LCD screens. I noticed that it was coming apart. Could that be the couplret or could it be something more? Any suggestion cause I'm going nuts without my phone!!!! I love my phone!!!!

HELP!!!!! :)

It sounds like you didn't transfer a magnet over or something - been a awhile since I had a 220 apart but usually there is a magnet in the top of the flip to detect when the lid is open or not. Check the old casing.

It's doesn't sound like a re-wiring issue :) .

If you've killed they fles cable now, they are on ebay for $9 US or so.

Richard

Guest shad0walker5
It sounds like you didn't transfer a magnet over or something - been a awhile since I had a 220 apart but usually there is a magnet in the top of the flip to detect when the lid is open or not. Check the old casing.

It's doesn't sound like a re-wiring issue :) .

If you've killed they fles cable now, they are on ebay for $9 US or so.

Richard

I transferred the magnet, yeah, let me tell ya, once I discovered there was such a thing, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out where it went! I'm thinking it may be the flex wire.... So far the only place I can find them on the net is from China or Hong Kong :) .... Any suggestions on where else I can find them?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest shad0walker5
I transferred the magnet, yeah, let me tell ya, once I discovered there was such a thing, I had a hell of a time trying to figure out where it went! I'm thinking it may be the flex wire.... So far the only place I can find them on the net is from China or Hong Kong :) .... Any suggestions on where else I can find them?

It as the flex cable! I ordered a new one off the net, installed it and now it seems as though my signal is slim to none! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest fluffcat1
It as the flex cable! I ordered a new one off the net, installed it and now it seems as though my signal is slim to none! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you tear the old sticky-tape backed aeriel removing it at all from the old casing?

You can make another using sticky backed aluminium. Or aluminum if that's all you can find ;-)

Richard

• 1 month later...
Guest shad0walker5
Did you tear the old sticky-tape backed aeriel removing it at all from the old casing?

You can make another using sticky backed aluminium. Or aluminum if that's all you can find ;-)

Richard

I tried not to tear it... I don't think I tore it, but I will certainily try the sticky backed aluminium trick!!!!

• 8 months later...
Guest gazlaz

i was reading your other thread HELP! MPx220 Hinge and Case Cracked and thought to myself, haha, he's screwed :rolleyes: Went to look at my mpx220 and noticed the ext LCD was upside down!!! karma

So whats this magnet and where abouts is it because the phone isn't detecting being opened anymore either.