HDD vanished from my i300! :-(

Guest jezz

hey, this morning i turned my phone on and went into samsung media player and all my music had vanished, so i went to update library and there was no HDD on the phone. I also went to smart explorer and the HDD had vanished there too, it has completely gone!!! no applications work on my phone accept the ones that use the phones memory which is not good.

has anyone got any ideas?

i just plugged my phone in ''mass storage'' option and it comes up on my computer, but it says 'the HDD is not formatted, do you want to format it?'

and if i format it i will lose all my data on the HDD which is soooosoooo not good!!

i really don't know what to do.

please help people!!

thanks alot.

regards.

this is a known issue with the i300 (I knew it was all too good to be true)

try to update the ROM For it as apperently there was a patch in it which resolved the issue.

Guest fluffcat1

This is not a 'known issue' AFAIK although 1 or 2 people have had it, but they had to have the devices replaced under warranty.

There is no rom update for the i300, nor any patch to 'fix' this. Careful googling for software as there was another samsung device called the i300 that was palm powered.

The usual known issue is 'lack of free space' on the drive causing the handset to crash, not the drive dissappearing completley.

Try the reformat, your data is lost anyway if you can't access the drive.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help, but my phone is still f'd up, i just tried reformatin on the computer, and near the end it says ''windows cannt reformat this drive''

any ideas what to do next? hard reset?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...