Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Thanks for the heads up.
I was just discussing BB with a coleague at work and saying that the upgrade from 512kb to 2Mb was great and that' it's even better on the "up to" 8Mb (I get between 2 and 5.5Mb usually)
Downloading large files is something I do on T-Mobile's unlimited tarrif, Hubdog can downlad videocasts and any increase in speed is always welcome!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Fleabag

Fleabag

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Devices:Qtek S200 & MDA Vario II
Guys, some of you need a cold shower! Anyway, some clarity. Some people seem to get confused about T's tarrifs... It really is quite simple.

You can add WNW option to any tarrif, for 7.50 a month.
You can add WNW Pro to any tarrif, for 10 a month.

If you have a 12 month contract, you can change to any current 12 month new connection plan (no that does not include the discounts new customers get, while you are in contract).
If you have an 18 month contract, you can change to any current 18 month new connection plan (no that does not include the discounts new customers get, while you are in contract).

Some people seem to be having trouble changing to the WNW plan (among others) itself. This could be for a couple of reasons.
At the time of starting your contract, you will have agreed to a certain length of 'no downward migration'. This means you cannot move to a cheaper plan for a certain period into your contract. A short time ago (I do not know the date), this minimum period was changed to 6 months, regardless of contract length. If you took out your contract more than say, 3 months ago - it is likely you are subject to the previous minimum period of 11 months. If this is you, yours does not change to 6 months, you have agreed to 11.
The second reason may be that you are trying to move to a plan that is for a different contract length at new connection. For example you may have a Relax contract (12 months) and be trying to move to a Flext contract (18 months). You may be on either of the two, and trying to move to a WNW Pro plan which will be either 18 or 24 months in duration. Subject to some conditions you can change your contract to an 18 month duration from a 12 month duration by agreeing to postpone your renewal for 6 months and extend your minimum term by the same period. You cannot change duration to a 24 month contract.

Why the speed increase is important? Some of you forget in your Windows Mobile world that there is a much bigger world around you. There is a huge market beyong WM, you are a small slice of the whole pie. Networks want to deliver on demand and live TV, radio and news, music and ringtones to the millions of mobile users who would buy into the concept. It's all about entertainment and value for money, but with an effective customer service 'cherry' on top. Leading manufacturers such as Nokia, Samsung, Sony and LG are already launching media mobiles that can use the network improvements to their maximum. These companies produce the 'must have' mobiles that will sell millions of units year in year out. The networks do care about our needs, but you have to understand why they are not the number one priority, and release dates are often sketchy.

All I know is that the second the Vario II (or whatever someone may call it :)) is released, one will be en route Special Delivery to me in the blink of an eye. :) I might even get 2, one for the bathroom also.

Edited by Fleabag, 15 August 2006 - 05:31 PM.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Not sure whag you'd do with it in the bathroom but thanks for the clarification!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

nevawlkalone

nevawlkalone

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Interests:Muay-Thai (Thai-Boxing), electric guitar, chillin with ma mates, any loud heavy metal music!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Blackberry Pearl
Whats the hole thing with the 17, 10 and 7.50?

I know that 7.50 is the WnW extra payment thing but people keep flinging 10 quid and 17 quid around about HSDPA...can someone clarify what the differences are!

Cheers

M

Muay-Thai...The Art And Science Of Eight Limbs

Keep Death Off The Road...Drive On The Pavement

shenson

shenson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:SPV550

Whats the hole thing with the 17, 10 and 7.50?

I know that 7.50 is the WnW extra payment thing but people keep flinging 10 quid and 17 quid around about HSDPA...can someone clarify what the differences are!

7.50 WnW consumer version. No modem use, no HSPDA several other restrictions such as 64kbps upload.

10 WnW professional bundle. Fewer restrictions, modem use allowed, 384kbps upload, HSPDA supported when available.

17 is a contract which includes a HSPDA laptop card and has the WnW professional bundle included.

nevawlkalone

nevawlkalone

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Interests:Muay-Thai (Thai-Boxing), electric guitar, chillin with ma mates, any loud heavy metal music!!!!
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Blackberry Pearl

7.50 WnW consumer version. No modem use, no HSPDA several other restrictions such as 64kbps upload.

10 WnW professional bundle. Fewer restrictions, modem use allowed, 384kbps upload, HSPDA supported when available.

17 is a contract which includes a HSPDA laptop card and has the WnW professional bundle included.

Thanks man, that cleared things up for me....

It the tenner one for me now then lol....dont need a laptop card!

Cheers

M

Muay-Thai...The Art And Science Of Eight Limbs

Keep Death Off The Road...Drive On The Pavement

Syphon Filter

Syphon Filter

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTN II
ah that's what I wanted to know. the bonus of hsdpa and modem use for the extra couple of quid are well worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users