SMS automatically opening themselves

Guest patp

When I get a text from one particular person, they always open automatically, as though they were a notification, Except they stay until dismissed. How is this happening, anyone know? Is it something he's done, or something I've done in his contact details?

Not heard of this problem before personally. What programmes you installed lately?

Ummm....

AvantGo

TCPMP...

Nothing much, I don't install many programs. It's more of a feature really, I'd quite like all my texts to open themselves automatically. But it only does it for this one person...maybe it's if they've asked for a read receipt, I'll do an experiment.

• 1 month later...
Guest conan_troutman

has he got a smart phone as there is a software out htere forget whats its called but it sends sms messages and opens them on there phone so they cant miss them it did lots of other stuuf too but that was the only feature I liked the rest was too bulky to keep and not use....he could be usinf that plus I also heard rumours of adding digits to the end of phone numbers when sending texts that does the same on nokia phones.

• 1 month later...
has he got a smart phone as there is a software out htere forget whats its called but it sends sms messages and opens them on there phone so they cant miss them it did lots of other stuuf too but that was the only feature I liked the rest was too bulky to keep and not use....he could be usinf that plus I also heard rumours of adding digits to the end of phone numbers when sending texts that does the same on nokia phones.

He's not at all techie so probably isn't doing it on purpose. Could be a setting on his phone I guess.