Talking Point: What app or tweak are you really missing?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest crafty
Would be great if PIE could handle multiple (or pop up)windows. Would be useful when PIE is tweaked to receive desktop content

A forward button. Back is neat, but sometimes you might want to go forward to the page you just came back from without having to reload the entire link.

Take a look at PocketIE Plus for these features (PPC only). The screen drag scrolling is also a great feature.

Guest Fjatle

I would pay for a much better sms client!

There are (if I understand it right) unlimited space for sms messages.

The last time I checked, I had about 3500 in my inbox :)

Now I would really need a folder system to keep track of these. And not just folders, but even

some "smart foldes"

First of, the ability to create folders, and store messages in those you want (if none selected, it would

of course go to the default inbox).

And why stop there, why not the ability to password protect you folders? If I receive confidential

info by sms, I would like to keep others from viewing it!

Then, smart folders:

How about something similar to media player?

There you can view sms "by sender", "by date, month". And then a search function?

And one more thing, I would like to have an option wich let me decide if I want to double-tap the

send button before it actually sends the message.. How many times haven't I sent messages by

miss-clicking the send button by mistake? A double-tap would be nice!!

Now, this is more like it I think! Yup, I would pay for this ;)

PS. I think it's a shame that Microsoft haven't forfilled my list in the first place! :D

Guest dishe

Those of you looking for a lemmings smartphone version:

Download Pocket Nester for WM5.

Get the lemmings.nes file.

Both can be found at www.surrealnetworks.com/mpx/

look under SDA apps.

Its the Nintendo Lemmings game! No touch screen needed!

I did this for monopoly, since the only versions I saw needed a touch screen to play.

But this brings me back to my first statement... why can't someone write a program that moves a mouse around the screen using the joystick? That way touchscreen-input programs could work even if only for PPC!

Guest mandt
why can't someone write a program that moves a mouse around the screen using the joystick? That way touchscreen-input programs could work even if only for PPC!

This might do what you are after

http://www.modaco.com/SPHelper-t238818.html

although I seem to remember if you try to install PPC apps on a Smartphone you get a message 'not intended for this device' or something...

VOIP!!

I can't beleive no one else mentioned it!

There is not a single commercially available SIP compatible VOIP client for the smartphone platform.

Sure, there's woize, but Woize is really just a Skype wannabe. I want to use my own phone provider. I mean come on, that's why I bought a device with WiFi!

Why, developing community, WHY?!

The pocket pc has Xten, SJphone, and a few others that can be "hacked" and made to work on smartphone, but their interfaces don't work very well without the touchscreen. Then there's Cicerophone... which has been tested and works on an imate sp5m. But they won't sell it, and you can't get it anywhere.

So very frustrating.

skype?

Guest dishe
skype?

Skype is great if you want to call other skypers or pay more money to call landlines.

I mean real VOIP, Bring-your-own-service SIP-compatible stuff... not something proprietary.

I already pay for an unlimited minute voip line for my home phone, and it is SIP-compatible. That means it will work with softphones like SJphone or Xten... then I can take my unlimited home phone with me everywhere there's wifi. Incoming calls will follow me.

There are pocket pc versions of both SJphone and Xten, but no smartphone version.

In fact, might I add, there is no VOIP Skype version compatible with smartphones either, only ppc's. There are ways of making it work that have been discussed on this forum, but skype needs significantly more CPU power than regular SIP phones, and the interface is akward w/out the touch screen.

Sooo... back to my original statement... someone needs to make a standard VOIP app for smartphone already!

EDIT: There is another service called Woize, but its even worse than skype... less ppl use it, and it costs more to call landlines. However, it works on 200Mhz smartphones without overclocking. Still not a standard VOIP app.

Guest mandt
Take a look at PocketIE Plus for these features (PPC only). The screen drag scrolling is also a great feature.

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't do what I want it to:

I prefer to run PIE as IE6, but, if you visit modaco and click on 'new posts' you don't get the 'perform the search' pop-up. I probably would have bought it if it did though

Guest Hotas
I would pay for a much better sms client!

There are (if I understand it right) unlimited space for sms messages.

The last time I checked, I had about 3500 in my inbox :)

Now I would really need a folder system to keep track of these. And not just folders, but even

some "smart foldes"

First of, the ability to create folders, and store messages in those you want (if none selected, it would

of course go to the default inbox).

And why stop there, why not the ability to password protect you folders? If I receive confidential

info by sms, I would like to keep others from viewing it!

Then, smart folders:

How about something similar to media player?

There you can view sms "by sender", "by date, month". And then a search function?

And one more thing, I would like to have an option wich let me decide if I want to double-tap the

send button before it actually sends the message.. How many times haven't I sent messages by

miss-clicking the send button by mistake? A double-tap would be nice!!

Now, this is more like it I think! Yup, I would pay for this ;)

PS. I think it's a shame that Microsoft haven't forfilled my list in the first place! :D

Did you know Infosharp? Infosharp It should work on a WM5 machine (it doesn't on mine).

Guest Hotas

I need a working WM5 Alarm plugin for the home screen that:

1. shows alarm on/off and alarm time or better

2. shows alarm on/off and alarm time and brings me to WM5's alarm settings page or best:

3. shows alarm on/off and alarm time and let me set it directly on the home screen

I tried Richie's and HILAlarm (which runs perfectly on WM2003SE!) but they do not work on WM5 machines...

Cheers!

Edited by Hotas

Guest squilla

I would love to see Qbubble for the PPC, if you dont know it its a basic but addictive game, I had it on a Motorola A1000 and I swear it is the most addictive game ever!

Guest squilla

A feature I have often thought would be ideal is a way of copy and pasting numbers into the phone pad screen on my spv m5000. I have often tried to get numbers from text and not been able to copy and paste it into there, God knows why you cant do that, maybe you can and I am just daft.

Guest hoopmaster51890

when i got my mpx200, it was missing the file manager, so i wouldn't mind getting that back, but i cant find the original file, i know there's others out there, should look into that *eureka*

the alienware homescreen for the c500 converted so mpx200 can use it

and lastly something to make it easier to get all my games and apps back when i have to hard reset

i'd probably pay for the last one lol

Guest Alexei

Definately an app to set your phone back to how it was before a hard reset, a sort of ConfigSync I suppose, I'd pay for that.

Also a Skpe/VOIP handset emulator - for now I can live without having VOIP on my phone, but I do wish I could use the pass-through connection to my PC so my smartphone becomes a handset, and yes I'd probably pay for that.

A real Bluetooth data connection. I've got an Orange Livebox with bluetooth, and how good would it be to connect straight to that for all my surfing, e-mails messengering, when I'm in my house (at the moment it'll only let me upload photos to a Wanadoo-Orange photo blog (please someone post a link to how to do this).

Guest w411y

I would like;

- An app that allows you to pause in the middle of a video and then resume

- Or an app that allows you to string 2 or more videos together and allow some simple transitions/captions etc.

- An app that allows you to select and image as an extra screen (eg/ start menu bg / infro screen / volume screen ). Not like the Theme Changer app which choses cabs to skin extra screens, but allow you to chose an image rather than a cab. If you get me :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kelv23

An app that counts how many landline minutes have been used. Orange can tell me how many mobile minutes have been used but Orange but dont offer this even though its part of my contract. Why?

Edited by kelv23

• 1 month later...
Guest dominicallkins

No so much an app or a tweak.

How about the service providers offering a way to specify which numbers you want to be included as part of your free minutes on your tariff and those to be excluded. My work insist that they won't let me claim on expenses any calls that fall within my free minutes - so then I end up having to pay for some personal calls.

If I could specify to Orange which numbers I wanted as free numbers (within my call plan) then I'd get my money back.

Grrrr.....

Dominic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest genaldar

Since I've been planning on getting a wizard I've been looking to replace the apps I use all the time on my mpx220. I've found tons of options for everything except for 2. The first is a program that turns on the flash so you can use it as a flashlight. Granted it's not a ton of light but it's come in handy a few times.

And second a program to let me set mp3s as ringtones and alert tones, no matter where I keep them. I've found a couple of programs that will do it, but no free ones. And after enjoying the free goodness of RJV tonesetter I just can't bring myself to pay for this simple task.