HTC Hermes / TTyN / Vario II - T-Mobile

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Guest MARKUKCOUK

OK, I realise this is the worst kept secret anyway, but having phoned tmob, they are now confirming that the device WILL be on T-Mobile UK, and has a release date of "August"

Not the most shocking news in the world I know, but at least its confirmed now :)

Guest rpopo

Since the Vario 2 is going to be very popular (though admittedly this forum is not necessarily representative of the average user base) has anyone got bright ideas on the best way to guarantee getting one of the first batch? - I'm switching from Orange to T-mobile once I get one of these.

Do you think T will have a waiting list?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Since the Vario 2 is going to be very popular (though admittedly this forum is not necessarily representative of the average user base) has anyone got bright ideas on the best way to guarantee getting one of the first batch? - I'm switching from Orange to T-mobile once I get one of these.

Do you think T will have a waiting list?

I'm in exactly the same boat, and I have no idea.

Guest Matt Kirby

Sorry to go all "me too!", but I'm also wanting to switch from Orange to T-Mob, contract's just up, and the Vario II / Hermes with the WnW Pro bundle sounds like the one for me.

I imagine that T-Mob will be hammered with requests for the Hermes as it'll be a great handset to go with thier improved data deals.

Here's hoping!

Guest rpopo

t-mobile have confirmed that there isn't a waiting list for the Vario II, so it's cross fingers and wait.

Hopefully their supply will be better than the Orange M600!

Guest hennapod
I found this site....

http://www.affinitypartnerships.com/spv_m3100_orange.htm

contacted them about pre-order but they couldn't say when it will be available.

I have been told I get it free on upgrade with 10% off current line rental. Guess I must be paying too much for my M500 already then!

Waiting to see what Orange say next week

It's interesting that their prices have gone up in the last few days. It was free on a

Guest jimbouk

Just spoken the both Orange and Tmobile - as I am up for renewal on 1st August. Orange's Hermes - the SPV3100 isnt on their system yet - and is thus at least some weeks away. Tmobile are now quoting September for the Vario 2.

I guess I will stick with my JAMin for another two months and then go with a Vario 2 from Tmobile, who will give me 1000 mins to share between two handsets, 200 texts, and 2 gb of data all for

Guest ClintEastman
Sorry to go all "me too!", but I'm also wanting to switch from Orange to T-Mob, contract's just up, and the Vario II / Hermes with the WnW Pro bundle sounds like the one for me.

I imagine that T-Mob will be hammered with requests for the Hermes as it'll be a great handset to go with thier improved data deals.

Here's hoping!

Me too!!! :)

Really looking forward to getting this handset and moving to T-Mobile, the sooner the better!

Guest Dr Who
Just spoken the both Orange and Tmobile - as I am up for renewal on 1st August. Orange's Hermes - the SPV3100 isnt on their system yet - and is thus at least some weeks away. Tmobile are now quoting September for the Vario 2.

I guess I will stick with my JAMin for another two months and then go with a Vario 2 from Tmobile, who will give me 1000 mins to share between two handsets, 200 texts, and 2 gb of data all for

Guest jimbouk
Jimbouk, how do you go about setting up a talkshare with TMob and what tariffs are available? Could I share the top FlexT tariff? Can you share data and texts too?

I just rang them and said I had two numbers/phones to move, they quoted me 1000 mins, 200 texts between the two phones for

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simonclark123

Hi

You cannot share a Flext tariff.

However Business-1 tariffs can be shared and seem fairly competitively priced.

You can add on text bundles to be shared between the mobiles.

You can also add on data bundles (although it may be more cost effective to add Web'n'Walk bundles to each user instead).

Calls between sharers are free.

Calls to Zones 1,2 and 3 come out of inclusive mins (ie USA, Canada, much of Europe).

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Guest Perfectionist
Hi

You cannot share a Flext tariff.

However Business-1 tariffs can be shared and seem fairly competitively priced.

You can add on text bundles to be shared between the mobiles.

You can also add on data bundles (although it may be more cost effective to add Web'n'Walk bundles to each user instead).

Calls between sharers are free.

Calls to Zones 1,2 and 3 come out of inclusive mins (ie USA, Canada, much of Europe).

Regards

Simon Clark

Business Telecoms

Dude, do you work for T-mobile ??

Can you get me the 50% Friends & Family Discount !! :)

Guest bronksy

out of interest.. has the herpes got the same screen as the wizard.. i'm thinking I am being swayed to this.. and also wanna get some screen protectors in so i have them ready when (eventually) i get one...

Guest waroffice
out of interest.. has the herpes got the....

:) ;) :D this made me laugh!!!!

I want a HERMES too....dont care which network but would prefer Tmob

Guest waroffice
I found this site....

http://www.affinitypartnerships.com/spv_m3100_orange.htm

contacted them about pre-order but they couldn't say when it will be available.

I have been told I get it free on upgrade with 10% off current line rental. Guess I must be paying too much for my M500 already then!

Waiting to see what Orange say next week

just tried the upgrade enquiry form on that site....this is the reply i got.

"Hi Dean the only thing is that the spv3100 is not quiet out yet so you can

pre order or chose another phone but there is no date for when it does come

out so if you do like to do anything please let me know..."

I could pre order but would prefer it on tmob...

decisions decisions.....

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Just played CS lottery again

Me: "Hi, Do you have a release date for the vario II yet?"

CS: "Actually, we've just been told end of August now"

Guest jimbouk

Orange CS are stating that it is in testing and should be out in August. Orange business stores don't even know about the device yet.

Orange CS are stating that it is in testing and should be out in August. Orange business stores don't even know about the device yet.

Seems like its more and more like August.... :)

I think it will be a Blackberry for me at this rate.

Guest bronksy

and away we go with speculation..

I nevrer quite get what the issue is with PPC devices.. they know the OS 'works' the same way that other WM5 devices work on O. I thought the whole point of windows mobile was that it would ensure more efficient roll outs of kit.

O should try and be 1st to market with these devices.. it's the only thing that will keep us lot happy, and we're the ones who are spenders..Even if they have to forgo some 'testing'. They should release, then have more frequent firmware updates..

Essentially its the bloody same as the Universal and other WM5 devices.. it's just so they can add their mucky homescreen which we all disable like some sort of mass ritual post hard-reset..

you all know the routine...

hard reset cos you've been putting crappy software on it..

disable error reporting

disable homescreen

etc..