Whats your favourite old console?

Guest goochy1

Guest goochy1

Heya,

Whats your favourite classic console? I was just sat thinking about all the old consoles and i just wondered whats everyones favourite? Mines either the sega megadrive or the sega saturn.

goochy1

Heya,

Whats your favourite classic console? I was just sat thinking about all the old consoles and i just wondered whats everyones favourite? Mines either the sega megadrive or the sega saturn.

goochy1

I'd have to day the SNES. Spent sooooo many hours in front of super mario cart in college.

Guest kelv23
I'd have to day the SNES. Spent sooooo many hours in front of super mario cart in college.

In no particular order

Dreamcast, Mega Drive, SNES, N64 and the Mighty Gameboy.

Guest nevawlkalone

Mega Drive, without a doubt...loved it, still play it, will do 'till it breaks n probably then i will source another!

got to be the mega drive.....pity the dreamcast didn't catch on though imho much better than a playstation

you know I've never even seen a dreamcast in person let alone played one ;)

someday I'll get a chance :)

Guest nevawlkalone
you know I've never even seen a dreamcast in person let alone played one ;)

someday I'll get a chance :)

There not to shaby...not many good games IMHO.

imho much better than a playstation

Depends which playstation

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ok you asked for it, here's a classic :)

Fully featured with horizontal and vertical control, 9v battery and even three speed settings ;)

post-53-1153153685_thumb.jpg

Guest nevawlkalone

Fully featured with horizontal and vertical control, 9v battery and even three speed settings ;)

What in the bowels of christ is that lmao

Guest Shuflie

I loved the Vectrex, never could afford one but a friend had one. I the days of blocky sprite based games this was producing high resolution super smooth vector graphics. Highly collectable these days.

Guest awarner (MVP)
What in the bowels of christ is that lmao

That is my first video tennis game from the early seventies, probably 1974 if I remember right.

Guest bosshogg

am I allowed to say the good old Sinclair Spectrum? I had a C64 after it, but I remember the speccy most fondly.

the XBox 1 was my first "console".

Guest Shuflie

You forgot to mention the cool digital scoreboard.

Guest Prosody

Super Nintendo for me.

Mario Allstars, Super Tennis, Super Mario Kart, and Street Fighter 2 held my attention longer than most games do nowadays. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest danwatson1974

The Megadrive was absolutely awesome .......

But then, Goldeneye on the N64 is still probably in the top 5 best games of all time that I have ever played :)

Guest Pondrew

I felt the same as you Goochy1 so several years ago I bought myself a Sega Megadrive. Now I've got the complete collection (original Mega Drive, original Mega CD, Mega 32X, all my favorite old games and even a Sega Saturn and a load of the best games on that)!

Guest goochy1
I felt the same as you Goochy1.Sega Saturn

Wish i didn't sell my sega saturn aswell sure the pads wiring was visable and didn't understand ebay to buy i new one but that was fantastic aswell - must be sega - wheres their new hand hled system to rival the psp?

goochy1

Guest Pondrew

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. As I understand it Sega bowed out of the home console market for good after the Dreamcast failed (another fantastic piece of kit that didn't get the recognition it deserved...)

Guest goochy1
Not gonna happen I'm afraid. As I understand it Sega bowed out of the home console market for good after the Dreamcast failed (another fantastic piece of kit that didn't get the recognition it deserved...)

I never actually had the dreamcast i think like everyone else i skipped that and went straight to the very first grey box that they called a playstaion lol.

Guest Pondrew
I never actually had the dreamcast i think like everyone else i skipped that and went straight to the very first grey box that they called a playstaion lol.

Really? Guessing you used the Delorien to get there (isn't time travel wonderful?) :)

Just that the 32-bit Sony Playstation was out shortly after the Sega Saturn (killing that stone dead!) and LONG before the 128-bit Dreamcast. Twas the Playstation II that killed the Dreamcast (although the dreamcasts hardware was apparently just as capable and it allowed 4players without needing an adapter)...